#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Because #lolnorf are special. They need extra help and support just to survive each year.
Bag of shiit football club
Penniless and every year spending big.
We need private ownership to drive these clubs to the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Attention seeking.

I don't really get the hate for North on here to be honest. Battling club that used to punch above their weight. CJ? We'd do the same thing to them if we could.

Because Norf stood by when we were on our knees in the early 1990s. They were prepared to let us die. In fact they were cheering for it.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Richmond-Norf enmity goes back to the 70s when they were the Cinderella story: perennial losers who bought a contending team and we were the big bad meanies who denied them a historic first premiership. Add that to Keith Greig being given KB's Brownlow(s) and the feeling was mutual.

I'm not aware of what TP says above about Norf cheering on our demise, would love a bit of background on that. We were the architects of our own demise back then, and to their credit, they were a smart, innovative club that survived because of that ability (10-year rule, grand final breakfasts, Friday night footy, etc.).

Anyway, they delighted in flogging us through the 90s when their minnow fan base were still resentful of our large one and took every opportunity to rub their on-field superiority in our faces.

Our dislike of them has also been fuelled by always having to play them at the Dump even when it's been nominally our home game. Then you have Scott resting half the side in the last round and knocking us out of the 2015 finals.

Now, many of us resent that money we and our club contribute to the AFL coffers gets handed to a team that would otherwise fold and then they steal our players.

Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Because Norf stood by when we were on our knees in the early 1990s. They were prepared to let us die. In fact they were cheering for it.

That's fair enough Porter. For me life's too short to carry a grudge that long. Plenty of North supporters would have kicked in to the SOS campaign then.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm not aware of what TP says above about Norf cheering on our demise, would love a bit of background on that. We were the architects of our own demise back then, and to their credit, they were a smart, innovative club that survived because of that ability (10-year rule, grand final breakfasts, Friday night footy, etc.).
During Save Our Skins, Bob Ansett was quote vocal that he was against the VFL offering financial support to us. His take was that if we couldn't stand on our own, we should fold.

30 odd years ago, but you never forget when someone is vocal about killing you off.

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
During Save Our Skins, Bob Ansett was quote vocal that he was against the VFL offering financial support to us. His take was that if we couldn't stand on our own, we should fold.

30 odd years ago, but you never forget when someone is vocal about killing you off.
I forgot.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Attention seeking.

I don't really get the hate for North on here to be honest. Battling club that used to punch above their weight. CJ? We'd do the same thing to them if we could.
We are getting what we deserve if I am being honest with myself. We barely barely played him and have old man Jack ahead of him.

Also putting all our eggs in the Nank Soldo basket in which one of them missed over a year of footy.

Then our offer to him was two years. We can't show that low level of confidence in a bloke and expect him to stay.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Ironic given the feds loaned Ansett Airlines a bunch of money when they went into receivership.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We are getting what we deserve if I am being honest with myself. We barely barely played him and have old man Jack ahead of him.

Also putting all our eggs in the Nank Soldo basket in which one of them missed over a year of footy.

Then our offer to him was two years. We can't show that low level of confidence in a bloke and expect him to stay.

Personally I don't have a problem with CJ going where he gets the best deal, it's business after all.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's just crazy that only North appear to want him. Maybe I overrate him.

Kinda feel like any other year their would be interest all round.

I don't think he'll hurt us much when we play him, but I guess he's a talented big guy so they have currency.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The Richmond-Norf enmity goes back to the 70s when they were the Cinderella story: perennial losers who bought a contending team and we were the big bad meanies who denied them a historic first premiership. Add that to Keith Greig being given KB's Brownlow(s) and the feeling was mutual.

Anyway, they delighted in flogging us through the 90s when their minnow fan base were still resentful of our large one and took every opportunity to rub their on-field superiority in our faces.

Our dislike of them has also been fuelled by always having to play them at the Dump even when it's been nominally our home game. Then you have Scott resting half the side in the last round and knocking us out of the 2015 finals.

Now, many of us resent that money we and our club contribute to the AFL coffers gets handed to a team that would otherwise fold and then they steal our players.

Add the recent elim final defeat they gave us after resting half their squad against us the week before - man they rubbed our noses in it over that as well.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Offering CCJ 2 years was reasonable given what he has done so far and balancing that with potential. He looks good but not great IMO.

What actually pisses me off about the whole deal is the crap North offered for him when you take into consideration the contract they are offering. I know they can march him to the PSD but the AFL has only 18 participants so you do have a limited number of clubs to deal with and I think they should have shown more respect.

CCJ does owe us something after we didn't sack him following the incident in Qld. FFS he had played maybe a couple of games by then and costs the team soft cap funds and gets rubbed out when one of our rucks gets injured. He should at least show some respect and tell his management to push North to make a decent deal. I'm not convinced CCJ is worth pick 20, but I reckon he is worth more than pick 38. Ruck/forwards with 4 years free development are not that common, we deserve something for putting up with the problems he caused and the development we put into him.

DS