Lowlife of the week award. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lowlife of the week award.

willo said:
They went on to say that those organisations were happy because it was $500k they didn't have to start with.

A few years ago a lame draft horse towing a gypsy wagon limped along the highway past our place. The wagon was plastered with signs about raising funds for cancer. Of course I had to go and chat to the bloke handling it. he rested the horse here for a few days and came to dinner. After telling him it was my lifelong dream to travel Australia in a gypsy wagon he invited me to join him for a leg or two of his journey. I was amazed that people continually gave donations (me included) and never received receipts. The bloke drank mugs of cask wine along the way. All his grog and food and costs came out of the money he raised. I was so pissed off because people donating money obviously assume it's going 100% to the cause. I rang the cancer council. They told me similar to above. He's raised a lot of money for them that they wouldn't otherwise have had and they didn't mind him using it for his own purposes. Also they said they didn't require receipts. Soooo shonky.

willo said:
I watched it. Unbelievable, the way the executives carry on. Multi millionaires, the worst of all it was founded by an Aussie. How governments allow this complete rort to exist beggars belief.
They gave an example of the Australian Para Olympics team? Fundraising that raised $12 million in Australia. Once Appco took their cut, there was only $500k left for the team.
They went on to say that those organisations were happy because it was $500k they didn't have to start with.
People are donating their hard earned to charities believing it was going to a good cause. Meanwhile less than 7% in most cases actually gets there. Bloody thieving con artists.
One of the better exposes (exposay)

I rarely donate nowadays. Just give some to old beggars and kid buskers.

TigerForce said:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/36038374/former-appco-workers-expose-insights-of-company-making-millions-from-charity-donations/#page1

Google sunday night appco for more info.

These a-holes are distributors of the Allanah & Madeline Foundation (and other charities around Australia), and Ch 7's Sunday Night exposed that their fineprint states 93% of all donations go to Appco whereas the remaining 7% goes to the charity itself.

Can these charities not function without aligning themselves with fatcat marketers? Surely they should be operating on a shoestring, or close to it.

Disappointed the club has used its pull to put the bite on its members, given the parasites who are profiting.

Is there no basic goodness left in the world?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Can these charities not function without aligning themselves with fatcat marketers? Surely they should be operating on a shoestring, or close to it.

Disappointed the club has used its pull to put the bite on its members, given the parasites who are profiting.

Is there no basic goodness left in the world?

You need to be a skeptic nowadays. Looks like some just get stooged with charlatans posing, fall for the 'sign here' trick, and don't even think about it as they've got bigger fish to fry.

The person shooting and poisoning wedge tailed eagles near Yea. 20 in a couple of years is terrible. :(

rosy3 said:
The person shooting and poisoning wedge tailed eagles near Yea. 20 in a couple of years is terrible. :(

I really hope they got caught?

rosy3 said:
Not yet. Hope they do.

theres a pair of wedgeys nest about 100m from my house. I cant really comprehend someone shooting one.

stories like that make me (erroneously) want an eye for an eye.

easy said:
theres a pair of wedgeys nest about 100m from my house. I cant really comprehend someone shooting one.

stories like that make me (erroneously) want an eye for an eye.

Might have to settle for a wedgie for a wedgie.

Midsy said:
Might have to settle for a wedgie for a wedgie.

I was thinking more of cable tying road kill all over the bloke and sticking him in an aviary with a dozen underfed wedgies for a few days

but I dont want to act on those eye for eye thoughts.

Why not Easy.

Like it

Eagles, Hawks & throw a Tiger in there for measure.

Stick food on them , enclosed cage . Let the birds peck away . No clothes. Then let in the Tiger and why not a Lion to finish the job.

These people who do things to any defenceless animal need to treated without a second though like the lowlife they are.

This lowlife again

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-21/pauline-hanson-under-fire-repulsive-bigoted-comments-autism/8640328?appref%3Dflagship_ipad

WesternTiger said:
This lowlife again

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-21/pauline-hanson-under-fire-repulsive-bigoted-comments-autism/8640328?appref%3Dflagship_ipad

I can understand her point. My autistic nephew is now 18 and enjoyed his secondary years at a special school (Rossbourne) rather than a mainstream.

TigerForce said:
I can understand her point. My autistic nephew is now 18 and enjoyed his secondary years at a special school (Rossbourne) rather than a mainstream.

thats good that your nephew went to the school that best suited him.
rather than labeling the kids the problem perhaps Hanson should be advocating for schools to be funded in a way that allows all students to be be supported.

WesternTiger said:
This lowlife again

i would add, anyone who votes for her.

Brodders17 said:

No bullying was a big factor.

Brodders17 said:
rather than labeling the kids the problem perhaps Hanson should be advocating for schools to be funded in a way that allows all students to be be supported.

True.

Brodders17 said:

And guess what, she suggested that education funding should be cut rather than increased.

TigerForce said:
No bullying was a big factor.

Bullying at his 'mainstream' school?
removing kids with disabilities from mainstream schools wont help change that situation. whilst some kids will always be pricks some schools do great work at helping other students learn empathy, and also develop an understanding of why some kids act or respond differently.
kids should learn in the school environment that best meets their needs, not be hidden away cos of the way other kids behave.

antman said:
And guess what, she suggested that education funding should be cut rather than increased.

Hanson really is a stupid woman, and i think anyone who votes for her either lacks the intellect to understand what she says, or doesnt actually care about politics or effect of their vote.

Brodders17 said:

i would add, anyone who votes for her.

x2. recently polled over 20% in Qld.