Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
If we were appointing a replacement for Meehan I would have thought it would be done by now given pre-season fast approaching and preparation that would need to be done for it. Reckon they might be backing him in for another season.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If we were appointing a replacement for Meehan I would have thought it would be done by now given pre-season fast approaching and preparation that would need to be done for it. Reckon they might be backing him in for another season.

Good news for surgeons. They will be booking their 2024 holidays in anticipation of a bumper year!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Happy Homer Simpson GIF

That's our Sumner program under Meehan

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The learned would realize that the root of our problems where from complications at surgery
lynch
gibcus
smith
not sure Meehan was in the operating theatre

more attention to who we engage for orthopedic surgery in the future me thinks

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
They would have saved a mozza when Beavis ran out of recipes.

Surely they can pay this guy out then Ouzo gets his people in.
Then again maybe that's not The Richmond Way.
Honor contracts.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The learned would realize that the root of our problems where from complications at surgery
lynch
gibcus
smith
not sure Meehan was in the operating theatre

more attention to who we engage for orthopedic surgery in the future me thinks
This. It's not popular with the tin foil brigade, but I'm not sure Meehan was breaking folks wrists or giving them infections. Meehan would be setting up programs based on the surgeons or Drs feedback etc.

Can we bring in some support for him? Sure. But everyone's assuming that the same club who can find the right coach, can't identify a competent Performance manager.

Reactions: 7 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
The learned would also realise that we had our fair share of soft tissue injuries and more worrying, reoccurring soft tissue injuries.
Short. ( calf )
Hopper. ( calf )
Prestia. ( calf )
Gibcus ( who they couldn’t get right after surgery )
Grimes. ( calf )
Bauer. ( hamstring )
Cumberland. ( calf )
MRioli. ( hamstring )
Etc. Etc.

Only wear tin foil on special occasions these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The learned would also realise that we had our fair share of soft tissue injuries and more worrying, reoccurring soft tissue injuries.
Short. ( calf )
Hopper. ( calf )
Prestia. ( calf )
Grimes. ( calf )
Bauer. ( hamstring )
Cumberland. ( calf )
MRioli. ( hamstring )
Etc. Etc.

Correct. And worse, we sent some of those blokes back out there off limited recovery time and they re-injured themselves e.g. Short, Graham.

Even Hooch openly admitted they erred with Short.

Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Short. ( calf )
Hopper. ( calf )
Prestia. ( calf )
Grimes. ( calf )
Bauer. ( hamstring )
Cumberland. ( calf )
MRioli. ( hamstring )
Etc. Etc.

First time any of those have had a soft tissue injury is it 🙄 stop clutching at straws , there used to be some dope that carped about losing someone to swans , guess what they had a worse run than ours

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
First time any of those have had a soft tissue injury is it 🙄 stop clutching at straws , there used to be some dope that carped about losing someone to swans , guess what they had a worse run than ours
You cite a couple of impact injuries to support your argument that Luke Meehan had no responsibility towards our long injury list.
But refuse to accept we had a serious run of soft tissue injuries.
Rob Iness was our strength and conditioning coach, not head of physical performance as he is at the Swans. In the role he was employed in at Richmond, we had one of the lowest soft tissue injury lists in the league. Can’t say the same since he left. Perhaps the problem lies with our strength and conditioning coach and not Meehan, but regardless, it’s been a disaster since the new regime got together

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You cite a couple of impact injuries to support your argument that Luke Meehan had no responsibility towards our long injury list.
But refuse to accept we had a serious run of soft tissue injuries.
Rob Iness was our strength and conditioning coach, not head of physical performance as he is at the Swans. In the role he was employed in at Richmond, we had one of the lowest soft tissue injury lists in the league. Can’t say the same since he left. Perhaps the problem lies with our strength and conditioning coach and not Meehan, but regardless, it’s been a disaster since the new regime got together
I think we've been pretty ordinary the past 2 years. It's no coincidence our list is ageing and our injuries are going up.
I think someone (maybe TBR) said he expected our year to have quite a lot of soft tissue injuries earlier in the year, based on how we'd approached pre-season.
I 100% agree we can get better, but I don't think it's as straightforward as Meehan came in and everything went to *smile* because of him.

Reactions: 3 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Short. ( calf )
Hopper. ( calf )
Prestia. ( calf )
Grimes. ( calf )
Bauer. ( hamstring )
Cumberland. ( calf )
MRioli. ( hamstring )
Etc. Etc.

Looking at the injury reports each week for all AFL teams our injury list didn’t seem unusual at all. These attacks by keyboard heroes with little or no medical expertise is laughable and just plain ignorant.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Looking at the injury reports each week for all AFL teams our injury list didn’t seem unusual at all. These attacks by keyboard heroes with little or no medical expertise is laughable and just plain ignorant.
Says the attacking, name calling keyboard hero

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Says the attacking, name calling keyboard hero
I apologise, perhaps I should be referring to you as doctor or professor as you obviously have superior medical knowledge to Meehan and his team to be so sure they have stuffed everything up.