Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
How are we going on the Frees Against ladder?

We're the champions, still leading the pack, although Melbourne are barking at our heels - we have 122 against, they are on 121. Time to step up and put some distance between us and Melbourne, come on umps, perfect opportunity, you just have to ream us this week and all will be back to normal..

I suppose I should add we are the only teams who have played 6 games.

We trail GWS on the free kick percentage - we are on 77.05 and they are on 76.29, I'm sure the umpires can fix this with a bit of effort.

DS

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I reckon most clubs would back themselves to find another Innes. Not many would back themselves to find another Dimma - in the middle of a dynasty.

As for Meehan - there's clearly something amiss at the club. But he was there - as has been pointed out - as third in line. If the other 2 were the best (or near it) his pedigree should be amazing. I doubt he has rocks in his head and didn't learn from them.

I
Yeah the big money is with the coach because its the primary role.

And Meehan maybe was 3rd in line when we had Burge and Innes. And Luke was younger/less experienced at the time.
THe simple mantra of 3rd in line is misleading and missing the point

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We're the champions, still leading the pack, although Melbourne are barking at our heels - we have 122 against, they are on 121. Time to step up and put some distance between us and Melbourne, come on umps, perfect opportunity, you just have to ream us this week and all will be back to normal..

I suppose I should add we are the only teams who have played 6 games.

We trail GWS on the free kick percentage - we are on 77.05 and they are on 76.29, I'm sure the umpires can fix this with a bit of effort.

DS
Check out the free kicks for as well.

That's the real issue.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Puts some context to the WC loss, not a surprise the team with the least amount of games missing though injury (197) beat the team with the most amount of games missing through injury (1298….and Mate Colina!)
Of course it does. It was obvious on the day and this list just highlights it more.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
The interesting one is Geelong. How do they keep their old guys fit? Who is their fitness guy?
brad pitt film GIF

this guy goes by name of Benji Button

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Interesting comments from Richo on 3AW tonight. Stated the most important football person at a club was the fitness and conditioning guy, not the coach, not the list manager, not the recruiter or football manager. I suspect Meehan will be axed at end of the season.
I always ranked the recruiting team the most important.
Can get to finals if you can’t get the right players.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
The interesting one is Geelong. How do they keep their old guys fit? Who is their fitness guy?

A dude called Scott Murphy. Been in the role for a decade. Maybe up for a new challenge.

Has a rugby background. UK and with the Wallabies.

Maybe up for a change.

His head of strength and conditioning Ben Serpell be worth looking into. Also has an extensive rugby background with the Wallabies, Waratahs, Brumbies and AIS. His CV is actually a hell of a lot better and diverse than Meehan's and this would be a step up in pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
They have an ingenious plan to extend their careers by only playing for the first half then having a rest in big games

• Haha