Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
All the more important as it looks like the end for jack is way sooner than we all thought.

Despite three Colemans Jack has always had the capacity to be blanketed by the best defenders. He also kills when he gets a match-up which works for him. If he kicks straight we would say "3 goals - he did ok". Drums aren't beating yet.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Some peanut now having a whinge that top 4 teams should be allowed free agency.
Sourpuss.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Easily the best game for the club - better than the Port game earlier this year.

Not many players kick 5 in a prelim - is a rare player and he is setting himself for a big one next week

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I want to see a Norm Smith around his neck next week.

That means he's likely kicked another 5 or 6 and we've won

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He is one hell of a player.

I remember last year's Prelim and all the talk that Cox had beaten us. Cox had a good night, but Cox had a good night because we were getting smashed in the middle and they were getting quality inside 50 entries that Cox could lead to and at 6'11" no-one could spoil his marking.

In contrast Lynch was taking contested marks last night. There is no comparison, Lynch was able to win the ball and create opportunities in contested situations and under a lot more pressure.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Geelong's backline is very iffy. This bloke will expose them.

And the prophecy was for filled.

We would not be playing this week if it wasn't for this bloke.

Tower of power. Could play full forward in 1975, 85, 95, 05, 15 and 25.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
3rd best foward behind Castagna and jack.
If Davis pulls out. Haymes or Okeefe will go to lynch.
Then open the flood gates for Rioli, jack, georgie and Carthwaite

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
JR is an all time RFC great. But he ain't a 6'6" Hercules with giant testicles that extend up into the clouds. Will cause GWS no end of problems Sat.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
JR is an all time RFC great. But he ain't a 6'6" Hercules with giant testicles that extend up into the clouds. Will cause GWS no end of problems Sat.
I like your use of the vernacular, it's Jack Dyer like.
Tom sure is a ballsy player ;)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's a clip in the 3rd Q in the lead up to Presita's goal. Dangerfield is chasing and Lynch runs him down and lays a massive bump on Dangerfield who went tumbling arse over tit. How many tall forwards in the AFL chase and do the 1%ers like ours?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not discrediting or downplaying Tom's performance, but the delivery from Prestia was sublime. He would have kicked 100+ this year if the midfield had provided that sort of service all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There's a clip in the 3rd Q in the lead up to Presita's goal. Dangerfield is chasing and Lynch runs him down and lays a massive bump on Dangerfield who went tumbling arse over tit. How many tall forwards in the AFL chase and do the 1%ers like ours?
I posted this a few days ago, and don't forget it could be karma for that stupid tweet Diverfield sent to Lynch about finding the airport.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not discrediting or downplaying Tom's performance, but the delivery from Prestia was sublime. He would have kicked 100+ this year if the midfield had provided that sort of service all year.

That 1st goal after half time is just about my favourite moment of the match. ..
Cotch tackles ... then the 3 Gold Coast blokes go bang, bang, bang... thing of beauty :)

Ronby

Tiger Cub
Jun 10, 2004
Berwick, Victoria
Imagine how good he will be next year with a full pre-season under his belt. He might kick 100 goals for the season. He has certainly been worth every cent to us this year, and will probably only get better.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Imagine how good he will be next year with a full pre-season under his belt. He might kick 100 goals for the season. He has certainly been worth every cent to us this year, and will probably only get better.

In 2017, when we weren’t expecting to compete in a GF and weren’t prepared to capitalise on merchandising and corporate opportunities, we made around 3m profit.
Winning this year puts Tom’s salary in perspective. Think it’s very realistic to say, no Lynch, no Premiership. That’s a very good investment right there

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's some history between them which I want aware of

Reactions: 1 users