Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

The AFL RECKONED.........It was the knuckles that made contact with the throat and chin of Hurley.
They are a disgrace. We have all seen the footage. The only thing that touched hurly on the throat and chin of all things was his own hand.
This would have been a travesty had it gone any further.
Its about time the AFL got their *smile* sorted and stopped with the playing the man crap and worried about the game.

The AFL RECKONED.........It was the knuckles that made contact with the throat and chin of Hurley.
They are a disgrace. We have all seen the footage. The only thing that touched hurly on the throat and chin of all things was his own hand.
This would have been a travesty had it gone any further.
Its about time the AFL got their *smile* sorted and stopped with the playing the man crap and worried about the game.

You are confusing what the AFL counsel said to try to win the case with what the AFL collective actually thinks. The counsel gets given a brief and does his best to win the case, that's his job. Once Christian referred the case to the Tribunal that was it. That's how the legal system works and this is no exception.

As Nick Reiwoldt said Christian abrogated his responsibility, probably because of media/social media outrage.

Reactions: 4 users
You are confusing what the AFL counsel said to try to win the case with what the AFL collective actually thinks. The counsel gets given a brief and does his best to win the case, that's his job. Once Christian referred the case to the Tribunal that was it. That's how the legal system works and this is no exception.

As Nick Reiwoldt said Christian abrogated his responsibility, probably because of media/social media outrage.
I will admit I have had very little to do with the law so I get the counsel trying to win.
I wasn't sure they were able to "make *smile* up" to win though, particularly when the evidence is so blindingly different to what they were claiming.
Justice has prevailed in the end, and there is a good old dose of embarrassment for a heap of AFL clingons. Just a shame Tom's been dragged through the mud in such a personal manner. I do hope that he gets a few of these arse clowns to apologise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't think AFL's QC Jeff Gleeson will be sending Michael Christian too many xmas cards from now on after the hospital handball he received from Christian.
What a total waste of time from Christian, he lacks the courage to do the job he's paid for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
yes, he does have counsel.

This is how the justice system works and the tribunal is no different. It's about how lawyers can twist evidence to make the strongest argument. It's not about the truth. Nothing different about this case, they are all run like this.

This.

The humorous AFL argument is not supposed to be a balanced assessment of the situation. It’s a case of this is the absolute argument for. Then the other party gives an absolute argument against. Then finally a neutral group of experienced decision makers come to a conclusion.

It’s how the process is designed to be and in this case it worked perfectly.

Although, it shouldn’t have been necessary. It wouldn’t have required much common sense at all to avoid the time and costs involved. That initial lack of basic common sense in response to an obvious witch hunt is the concerning part.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Tom Morris is very salty about the result.
Astute person that. :rolleyes:
Could be a representative or be sponsored by the "Total Tools" coy
Being one of the leaders of indirectly corralling lynching keyboard warriors, his mission failed. Cant take it.
Well he can stick it where the sun dont shine imho.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think AFL's QC Jeff Gleeson will be sending Michael Christian too many xmas cards from now on after the hospital handball he received from Christian.
What a total waste of time from Christian, he lacks the courage to do the job he's paid for.

The bloke bills by the hour...I'm sure he's lobbying for Christian to get a payrise to keep up the supply of tribunal hearings from his dodgy decisions

Reactions: 1 users
The bloke bills by the hour...I'm sure he's lobbying for Christian to get a payrise to keep up the supply of tribunal hearings from his dodgy decisions
He's on a good screw, is Racing Victoria's QC as well as the AFL's. He'll be making a motza out of the Darren Weir and Aquanita cases.

Good on you Benny.

This is an abbreviated summary. I happened to be listening to 3AW Sportsday when Benny actually rang in there. See my post on the Grimes thread for more interesting details. But the actual call from BG is here again :

Reactions: 1 users
Good on you Benny.

We have been waiting and our CEO gave them a wack. Or even Balme. But with Balme not there it was Brendan Gale’s time to make it known ‘enough is enough’ this attack on the club & our players.

Proud.
Some didn’t want our club to respond but it had too.
Enough is enough.
Was measured and fair from Gale.

Now to let our football do the talking Thursday night and take it out on WC.

Put the fear back into the competition.

My fear is all this scrutiny the past few weeks may take a toll on the club, coach & players.

Reactions: 1 user