Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Was exciting to hear Dimma say in the interview on SEN that Tom has had a great result with his recent knee surgery & that whilst he had been managing it for much of the season, the surgery has noticeably freed up his movement.
Yes, great to hear, and I am going to apologise here and now for being critical of Tom Lynch this year. It's so hard to know what is going on with players, who is carrying an injury and to what extent it is impeding them, with clubs obviously trying to not leak that vital info to opponents.

Hope you're back at or near 100% soon, Tom.

Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yes, great to hear, and I am going to apologise here and now for being critical of Tom Lynch this year. It's so hard to know what is going on with players, who is carrying an injury and to what extent it is impeding them, with clubs obviously trying to not leak that vital info to opponents.

Hope you're back at or near 100% soon, Tom.
Great post Leon.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Appreciate your sentiment Leon, but I reckon Tom and every other player would say to you that if they play, they are fair game.

Everyone is fit once they cross the line.
Are you actually suggesting that injuries don’t hamper footballers? Or simply that they deserve no sympathy if injured once they run onto the ground?
Either incredibly naive or extremely arrogant.
Every footballer is competitive and wants to play. They all carry injuries. Some more inhibiting than others.
You’ve obviously never played the game

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm definitely extremely arrogant, no question about that, but I'm not saying either of those things.

I'm saying every footballer would say once they put their hand up to play they are judged on their performance and don't want, nor expect any leniency for the injuries they carry.

I've always found you incredibly arrogant and interesting

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Appreciate your sentiment Leon, but I reckon Tom and every other player would say to you that if they play, they are fair game.

Everyone is fit once they cross the line.
Yes but still, you know what a really tough game it is to play and succeed in, even at 100%.
Many players on big money but they are made to earn it too overall. And they pay the price long after with the legacy of injuries to their body, and mind too - with concussion.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
If anyone is reading back over this thread at some point in the future, you’ve found the part where Tom is injured and the team has a bye... lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users