Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Second highest paid player in the biggest club in the competition. Robbo's in a business that needs to attract interest and readers.

I can see why he'd write about Lynch instead of Todd Goldstein.
I want to know exactly what he expects from Lynch? Has he been goalless for weeks inc 2021?

I'll mention Buddy again. Where's the Swans flag(s)? with that sum he's earning?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

Mr Magoo has had a bit of a crack. Sure it will come up again tonight.​

The Tackle: Toothless Tom not a million dollar man

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 17: Tom J. Lynch of the Tigers kicks the ball during the 2022 AFL Round 01 match between the Carlton Blues and the Richmond Tigers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on March 17, 2022 In Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

What has happened to Tom Lynch? Once a colossal player, now he is battling to justify a contract worth close to $1 million a year, Mark Robinson writes. LIKES AND DISLIKES
Actually thought Tom was in good touch clunked some nice marks , missed his easier shot,what else is new ,,,just longing for a time he gets some space , if Tom hawkins gets it what are we doing wrong

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
He's been going ordinary for much longer than that.

Have you read what Robbo said? It's hardly a bath, most a curiosity about why he isn't having more impact. Have to say I'm curious as well about lots of things around Lynch and our forward set-up.
Don’t think our forward setup is conducive to lynch really getting on the end of it so to speak , by design we appear to want to kill the ball to ground and do our best work,,,,Bolton and baker shedda are class acts so we are in good hands even better with lambo roaming

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I think his point is Lynch is a top 30 paid player in the competition but isn't playing footy like it. I think pay is the wrong scale to judge a player on, but I'd say the same about premierships.
It's not just now that Robbo has had it in for Lynch though, he's been on his case ever since we got him from the Suns.

He's like a broken record, I've thought he was going to froth at the mouth couple of times.

He had no such problems when Stagerfield went to the Cats though.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's not just now that Robbo has had it in for Lynch though, he's been on his case ever since we got him from the Suns.

He's like a broken record, I've thought he was going to froth at the mouth couple of times.

He had no such problems when Stagerfield went to the Cats though.
:mhihi

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jack kicked 51. But I bet the breakdown on the opposition teams would be telling.
My guess is he kicked 30 goals against bottom 6 teams, 15 against the middle teams, 5 against the top 4.
If it's top 4 before finals he kicked 17 in 6 games
6 & 3 v Bris
2 & 1 v Cats
3 v Port
2 v Melbourne

20 v bottom 6 teams in 7 games
14 v the middle in 9

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Second highest paid player in the biggest club in the competition. Robbo's in a business that needs to attract interest and readers.

I can see why he'd write about Lynch instead of Todd Goldstein.
That's why I've stopped reading a lot of stuff, we have passionate supporters and even more passionate detractors, RFC sells papers, gets clicks, whatever......for me, I'm happy going to/watching games and making up my own mind!

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I want to know exactly what he expects from Lynch? Has he been goalless for weeks inc 2021?

I'll mention Buddy again. Where's the Swans flag(s)? with that sum he's earning?
Gerald Healy marks it as a win for Sydney with the Buddy deal. It’s not all about winning premierships. He got the crowds through the gates. So that’s a win for the swans. So he said.
IMO I would prefer a premiership

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Lynch is not being coached well; and hasnt for a year and a half now.

I hated it at the time, and it gets my goat up still now, that Dimma threw him under the bus (inadvertently) with the 'he needs to play on the edge' stuff after a couple of crude Lynch actions on the field. I cant stand Chris Scott, but he never throws his players under the bus like that. It became months of junk journo fodder. Just b/c from time to time, Dimma answers things poorly. Like the "I hate Edihad Stadium" line.

Tommy didnt need to play on the edge in the prelim against geelong (although I loved his hip and shoulder to Danger, :ROFLMAO:.
He was awesome and he played 30 metres from goal. It was just rubbish from Dimma and i was so disappointed in him. In trying to stick up for Tom, he made it about the wrong thing that engenders no sympathy, even from the umps. And Tom never gets the free kicks now either. *smile* me how Dimma approached this.

And he's been coached badly since last year too. Why is he either wrestling with his man or making these long leads to the 50arc. he is not Nick Riewoldt, it's not great for his dodgy knees either.

Leave him 30 metres near goal and just let him lead to the ball from the square. Any oppo coach would be more rapt to see Lynch making the long leads to the 50m arc than within 30 metres of goal. Our forward line coach has been seriously *smile* since 2021.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
We'd all prefer a premiership but it's a totally bogus measure of the worth of an individual player. In fact it's a bogus measurement of almost anything given about 5% of clubs each year win one.

Yes but without Tom, reckon we definitely don't win one of our flags, possibly two.

So for Leysy his contract is a success even if he doesn't play another match.

Not saying he performed to his money last year (really didn't look fit). His knees don't sound good.

Love to see him moving around more, hitting up to the flanks and even wings and circling back. Too much wrestling from the square.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yes but without Tom, reckon we definitely don't win one of our flags, possibly two.

So for Leysy his contract is a success even if he doesn't play another match.

Not saying he performed to his money last year (really didn't look fit). His knees don't sound good.

Love to see him moving around more, hitting up to the flanks and even wings and circling back. Too much wrestling from the square.
How does he do that if his knees are shot Nobets ?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
How does he do that if his knees are shot Nobets ?
Nick Riewoldt drained fluid from his knees for the last 4 yrs of his career and could barely train mid week.
Players play with all sorts of issues through management and injections.
Tom probably no different

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nick Riewoldt drained fluid from his knees for the last 4 yrs of his career and could barely train mid week.
Players play with all sorts of issues through management and injections.
Tom probably no different
Ok. Sure. Sounds good.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
You've never worked on a farm have you TD.

You lift a wheelbarrow with your palms on bottom and fingers wrapped on top.

Still hearing no excuses for Jack wheel barrowing Tom around the ground this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
You've never worked on a farm have you TD.

You lift a wheelbarrow with your palms on bottom and fingers wrapped on top.

Still hearing no excuses for Jack wheel barrowing Tom around the ground this year.
have you seen Jack run when he not pushing Tom wheelbarrow style? they wont getting much separation from their opponents.

• Haha