Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The footy dept did their homework.
We kicked the ball much better to Lynch tonight & he was launching at the ball.
I thought he was massive in the win.
Was a great call you made Tooheys. Timing the run, when we gets it right, he’s clunking them or halving them.

Was excellent last night.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don’t profess to know but this is how his exit was reported by Fox:

Wasn't a line in the sand but a *smile* big trench.
Lynch to the Tigers n a couple of flags.
May to the Dees n a flag, possibly more
Martin to the Bloosers n probable finals

Mould Coast still drifting in putrid sewage of their own making. There's some real togetherness n team bonding happening in recent years.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think the biggest thing for Tom, and the thing I have been most critical of is his inability to make space or get one on one. Tonight he did it and it worked.
One on one he is a nightmare match up for most defenders but it’s up to him to put the work in to create those opportunities.
More games like this from the big fella puts us right back into top 4 contention. That’s how important he is to us.
Bit hard to make space or get one on one for either Tom or Jaaack or Balta for that matter when our game plan is to hold up the ball before going deep into 50 with long kicks to a pack contest n hope for a clunked mark or simply bring the ball to ground for a crumbers chance.
Oppo sides have worked things out n often simply use two blokes to screen n scrag while a third marks near uncontested n they have just as many small defenders waiting to crumb a spillage. We rarely go to a one on one in an open forward line unless it's Dusty in there.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I don't get this " owes us nothing" excuse. Could say that to 20 something other flag heroes still.at Punt Rd. My view is that every season.every game is important. Demanding performance now doesn't disrespect past contributions.

Reactions: 3 users

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Bit hard to make space or get one on one for either Tom or Jaaack or Balta for that matter when our game plan is to hold up the ball before going deep into 50 with long kicks to a pack contest n hope for a clunked mark or simply bring the ball to ground for a crumbers chance.
Oppo sides have worked things out n often simply use two blokes to screen n scrag while a third marks near uncontested n they have just as many small defenders waiting to crumb a spillage. We rarely go to a one on one in an open forward line unless it's Dusty in there.
Don’t necessarily disagree Maso, but the Lynch we got last was a big step up from the 2021 version. Recently Tom has a tendency to look for wrestling matches when the ball is coming in which invites another defender or two to the contest.
Getting on his bike and not being a stationary target is the only way to get the one on ones.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Has anyone else noted how banged up that finger is… no wonder he prob struggles a bit, he’d have a massive change in how the ball feels (keep it clean) I’d almost be contemplating a Daniel chick and lopping that bad boy off!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
He was clean and strong last night and gave us such a target. He was also often playing from the goal square and there were often times when it was 2 on 2 - which is great to see the forwards starting to click.

Best game I have seen him play for over 12 months (maybe because it was the first live game I have seen for over 12 months :sneaky:)

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Best game for ages. Took some great contested marks and kicked well. Looked a different player from previous weeks.

Well done Tom keep it up.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Was a great call you made Tooheys. Timing the run, when we gets it right, he’s clunking them or halving them.

Was excellent last night.
How often did he have an unchecked run?
Defenders not putting any body on him.
Criminal. Is he a leper? Or are they amateurs?
He made them pay

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Just wondering if this was due to the bulldogs being down in guys in the backline or Tom stepping up. Wont get as easy a run in a couple of weeks against Melbourne.

Hopefully its more of part 2 but I am thinking the bulldogs weakness in their backline contributed a lot

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
The thing that got me was the interview at the end of the game with him holding the mic, surely not being able to bend a finger would have a major impact on trying to mark a ball. Kinda explains why he has so much trouble taking 1 clunk marks now and always seems to fumble alot.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Geez Tommy deserved that game and his four majors.
Keeps fronting up as our key deep tall forward and copping a battering vs 2/3 opponents week in week out.
I'd hate to feel that sore every Sunday.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think I under-estimated Lynch's game yesterday. 13 disposals, 2 goals 2, 4 contested marks, 5 inside 50's 6 score involvements, 8 contested possessions. That's a fair effort in running and presenting.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I think I under-estimated Lynch's game yesterday. 13 disposals, 2 goals 2, 4 contested marks, 5 inside 50's 6 score involvements, 8 contested possessions. That's a fair effort in running and presenting.
Played well but played from behind all day.
Had plenty of entries intercepted by defenders playing in front and gave away a few frees also because of his starting position

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Played well but played from behind all day.
Had plenty of entries intercepted by defenders playing in front and gave away a few frees also because of his starting position
Not sure you can blame Lynch for intercepts, there's always a second opponent coming across his line and our delivery leaves a lot to be desired. I disagree that he played from behind all day. But yes he probably ends up behind more than you'd like. Frees? Well it was 33-13 and he doesn't get the leeway for using his hands that someone like Hawkins gets.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Premiership player notwithstanding, it seems Lynch's best is behind him. I fear that he will ultimately become a list clogger over the final stages of his contract.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Premiership player notwithstanding, it seems Lynch's best is behind him. I fear that he will ultimately become a list clogger over the final stages of his contract.
my only dis on Tom is he misses some set shots that should be gimmes for a forward like him. 2 again yesterday.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Well he has 3 years left after this year. Starts next year as a 30yo so obviously his best is behind him. List-clogger? Other than Balta who else of Lynch's class do we have as potential key forward material? Cupboard is pretty bare. Any youngster we might (hopefully) pickup will take 2-3 years to mature.