Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
II wouldn't do it but 'd drop Riewoldt before Lynch.
Lynch's work rate is massive every week & extremely underrated.

The issue isn’t application but speed, ToO.

Too slow to gain separation. Can’t jump. Too cumbersome when the ball hits the deck.

Not giving much at the moment. Can’t carry two key forwards who aren’t firing.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The issue isn’t application but speed, ToO.

Too slow to gain separation. Can’t jump. Too cumbersome when the ball hits the deck.

Not giving much at the moment. Can’t carry two key forwards who aren’t firing.
His and Riewoldts numbers are quite comparable this year, the difference being however that Jack busted a finger and missed weeks.

Oh, and that at age 33 Jack is 4 years older…..

Lynch has been on a serious decline since 2020. The numbers simply don’t lie. And the excuses are very very weak imo. The question is, how do we halt this with 3 years still remaining on his contract ?

I suppose if someone like Ben Brown who doesn’t have 1/5 the talent of Lynch can resurrect his game, then so too can Lynch.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Is it as simple as we play him too deep? How many times does Lynch hit the logo’s on the wing? Not many.

Get him on his bike and make his defender earn a living.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tiger3000

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2011
Is it as simple as we play him too deep? How many times does Lynch hit the logo’s on the wing? Not many.

Get him on his bike and make his defender earn a living.
i think this is a big part of it. his gold coast highlights he was roaming much further up the ground and marking out on 100m leads

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Are you questioning his work rate Frehley ?
Not his work rate. Maybe questioning Hardwick in how he has been playing him. He ain’t a deep forward who wins battles one on one. Never has been the type of player even at GC.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Cement hands. We call him Iron Gloves. if he held 3 of the 6 that bounce out with minimal pressure it’s a different picture.

Works his tall off to get to the right spot then the Iron Gloves get a run. Confidence looks shot.

But he busts his ass everyweek. Max effort.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
IMHO Lynch is now just a tough old workhorse in an old broken body , needs help down there , dosent appear anywhere near enough space been created for him