Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Our forward entries are horrendous compared with what I see from other teams. It's a massive issue. We make it so hard.
It’s because we are far more reliant on ball retention and don’t run the gauntlet in getting the ball forward quick. Hardwick made mention of this in his presser. A clear sign of a team lacking confidence.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
You're thinking of Bolton, not Balta
They both burnt Lynch alone in the square.

But big Tom played like a flanker last night, he and Balta were pantsed aerially.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Is it as simple as we play him too deep? How many times does Lynch hit the logo’s on the wing? Not many.

Get him on his bike and make his defender earn a living.
Gotta change our entire game plan to do this. Unless it's on a fast break from a centre bounce clearance, nearly every time we go forward, we hold the ball up until there's a major traffic jam in our forward fifty. Then we simply bang the ball long n pray that Lynchman or Jaaack can take a spectacular contested mark or bring the ball to ground for our mosquito fleet. Every club in the land has had five years to work out how to stop us n we haven't yet worked out how to play otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Gotta change our entire game plan to do this. Unless it's on a fast break from a centre bounce clearance, nearly every time we go forward, we hold the ball up until there's a major traffic jam in our forward fifty. Then we simply bang the ball long n pray that Lynchman or Jaaack can take a spectacular contested mark or bring the ball to ground for our mosquito fleet. Every club in the land has had five years to work out how to stop us n we haven't yet worked out how to play otherwise.
I said this earlier that this is on Hardwick. We have to stop with the long balls deep into our forward 50.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
At least he'll have a couple of genuine small forwards at his feet this week.
Be great if he could move up the ground a bit more. He looks so much better when he works up, provides that option for us and then doubles back.

That’s when he has looked so dangerous.

But anyone playing the way we have been delivering the ball forward would also struggle.

Expecting a lift Friday night. Would like to think having genuine small forwards who can pressure defenders.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Be great if he could move up the ground a bit more. He looks so much better when he works up, provides that option for us and then doubles back.

That’s when he has looked so dangerous.

But anyone playing the way we have been delivering the ball forward would also struggle.

Expecting a lift Friday night. Would like to think having genuine small forwards who can pressure defenders.
Yep. He and Jack look too static. We definitely need small forwards crumbing and goaling. It's been missing since Higgo left after Butler.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep. He and Jack look too static. We definitely need small forwards crumbing and goaling. It's been missing since Higgo left after Butler.
And unfortunately a player who thinks it’s still 2017-18.

I don’t like criticising players but there are some fortunate players paying Friday night who need to do more. But in saying that the coach & MC know more than me ‘an armchair critic’.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
And unfortunately a player who thinks it’s still 2017-18.

I don’t like criticising players but there are some fortunate players paying Friday night who need to do more. But in saying that the coach & MC know more than me ‘an armchair critic’.
Don't undersell yourself W. I bet you look nothing like an armchair! :))

• Haha