Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not bad for an overrated hack.
Hah hah hah. Cmon. Ease up. Full credit but be honest: Next to zero competition. Eagles were a disgrace. I gave him 3 votes, but that performance from WCE was the worst of the year - including Norf’s terrible performances.

Last edited:

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Lynch and Riewoldt can't play another game together in our F50.

If one has to go this week, it should be Lynch.

Slow, dumb, disinterested.

Here's how I would set up with Grimes returning and Balta going back where he belongs:

Lambert Gibcus Stack
Bolton Riewoldt Baker

Skilled, ferocious, x-factor galore, space, excitement
Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Couldve/should've kicked 10 big deal.
Plucked a couple of rippers tonight.
Confidence is building, looks super fit.
I just hope we can learn to chip passes to him instead of sending every ball into orbit for him to try to mark it.
Really good game. Strong

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
7.5 says great game but his unco-ness is weekly giving me the shites

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
7.5 says great game but his unco-ness is weekly giving me the shites

We can see the gulf between Tom Lynch the A grade forward, and Jack Riewoldt the Hall of Famer, in games like yesterday.

There's a reason Jack's kicked 10 in a game. Twice.

And there's a reason the only Tom Lynch to kick 10 played for Adelaide.

Lynchy has several elite attributes. Jack, throughout his career, has had all of them.

Kicking the mega bags (10+), only happens if you can mark on the lead, mark in a pack, mark in a wrestle, kick a set shot, goal from a stoppage, kick a banana, kick on both feet, and instinctively snap.

Jack Riewoldt is unbelievable in how he has been able to do all of those. Tommy is much more credible.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I have a theory that Tom

A) is severely hampered by his Bung finger

B) lost a lot of confidence and enjoyment playing after a year of being demonised by the media

Point B is the kicker. I think he has not recovered mentally

Edit - in reference to coberg’s post above. I don’t think he’s disinterested but protecting himself or unable to be as present as he could be. #fanstin Freud

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
despite some errors, Tom quietly monstered that game.

he kicked 7.5, WC kicked 8.8

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bloody amazing how well the key forwards can play when they get some decent incoming ball. Hopefully being able to dine out against an incompetent Wet Coke provides the entire team that little extra spark that's been missing in recent weeks.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Why is it some weeks his hand are like wooden planks and some weeks like Stewart Loewe buckets?

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
The surprising bit for me was his mobility. I only see my beloved Tiges on the telly so it is hard to know what goes on off the ball (and commentary seems to be a lost art) but he was moving better than I've seen in 2 years. I know he works hard off the ball, but he was running and jumping in this game. The whole team was "running on top of the ground" as they say.

Reactions: 1 user