Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

He would have to be at least six weeks away even if the scan in a couple of weeks gives him the all clear to return to training. It would probably only be worth it if we are still in the finals hunt.
Too valuable a player.

Whatever has gone wrong , put him in “cotton wool” and get him ready for pre season 24.

I don’t want to take a chance on him, comes back in 6-7 weeks and suffers another foot injury.

We can see what these injuries can do and have done to a player(S).

I guess it all comes down to , are we finals chance, go deep, or premiership contention.

Reactions: 1 user
Daniel Day-Lewis to play Tom Lynch in the Hollywood blockbuster sequel “My Right Foot”
Ok, he was in the original, but DDL a bit too old and short too, not to mention needing a good dose of hair-dye. For the modern audience, would have to be a Hemsworth surely.

He would have to be at least six weeks away even if the scan in a couple of weeks gives him the all clear to return to training. It would probably only be worth it if we are still in the finals hunt.
Most likely the same for Gibcus with his very complicated hamstring problems. I'm sure when we jumped and grabbed TT and Hopper we were indeed hoping to flag-hunt this 2023.
But the plan was including these two vital/promising players, not without for virtually the season in all likelihood. Really bad luck ... I think.

Reactions: 1 users
Have they said which bone was broken? If it was a stress fracture of the navicular then that would explain the long healing time with less blood supply in that area compares to other sites. I think James Hird had a lot of trouble with that one, perhaps trying to come back too soon.

He was being prep’d to start running 4wks ago and now back in a moon boot! That’s a monumental f up.

My guess is he reinjured it on the alter g machine.
That preparation would have been via his surgeon and club doc. Meehan would have written his rehab program that would have been done i conjunction with club doc. He may have experienced some pain so surgeon puts him back in a boot.
I don’t consider this a Fup, just the unknowns of return to elite sport from serious injury.

Wasn't he suppose increase work load about 1 month ago and was out of the moon boot ?. Something has happened there whatever it is, our fitness and conditioning department is a mess should be all gone.

Have they said which bone was broken? If it was a stress fracture of the navicular then that would explain the long healing time with less blood supply in that area compares to other sites. I think James Hird had a lot of trouble with that one, perhaps trying to come back too soon.
I think I remember reading somewhere that it was his third metatarsal and they plated it ?

Wasn't he suppose increase work load about 1 month ago and was out of the moon boot ?. Something has happened there whatever it is, our fitness and conditioning department is a mess should be all gone.
Why does it have to be something bad having happened? Seems more like to me they started the next phase of recovery, Lynch still had pain/discomfort so they backed off. It's a complicated injury area, see James Hird, Matthew Egan etc, so our staff have been really risk averse to ensure Lynch gets back to full fitness.

Reactions: 3 users
Obviously a lot can happen in a couple of months of footy, however I think we have to be realistic and put a line through Lynch this year. There will be no Jack in 2024, Ryan and Bauer are no certainty’s to be key forwards ,Miller isn’t up to been a forward at any level, Bradtke is a total unknown . Besides once been a superstar he is all we have going forward , also Dusty and Shai haven’t been the permanent forwards Dimma was hoping for

Absolutely fked up any chance this season. Should've been coming back now but Hardwick and Co were going all in and now we have a 50+ goal kicker/ $1million + side lined indefinitely due poor decisions made.

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously a lot can happen in a couple of months of footy, however I think we have to be realistic and put a line through Lynch this year. There will be no Jack in 2024, Ryan and Bauer are no certainty’s to be key forwards ,Miller isn’t up to been a forward at any level, Bradtke is a total unknown . Besides once been a superstar he is all we have going forward , also Dusty and Shai haven’t been the permanent forwards Dimma was hoping for

Not sold on Bradtke quite frankly, imo he's a very long shot to make it.

Reactions: 2 users
The way our season is panning out it will probably be better to put a line through Tom returning this year and let his foot all heal up properly for next season

Reactions: 4 users
The way our season is panning out it will probably be better to put a line through Tom returning this year and let his foot all heal up properly for next season

Totally, so many bones in feet, and all that weight from Lynch who is a big bloke. Let it heal really well and get him ready for a big pre-season and a big 2024. We are not going well enough this year to risk Lynch.

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Our own sports doc said preseason Gibcus would struggle to play all year and Lynch would cop injuries off no preseason.

Seems to me they are playing the cards theyve been dealt as best they can not fair to hang them

Can't trust them even if had 4 yrs off to recover