Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've said it before a few times now, and I'm going to say it again ... MRjr will be a better player than Cyril

Still undecided if Moju can make the leap to midfielder. But the way he scares the crap out of opposition defences, maybe it's best he stays up forward.

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I am talking only about JNR's improvement in endurance or at least 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts, I don't think I have seen a bigger one in one off season.
Will stand him in good stead for the rest of his game.
Very pleasantly surprised, we at least now know he has the tools at the level.
Can only get better.

Reactions: 9 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Plenty of Cyril about Maurice - low possessions but maximum impact. This may well sound ludicrous - but he plays at todays level or higher for the rest of this year and I think we can win the flag. Changes everything.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I struggled with that confusion as well.

For the record, Cyril Snr never played AFL. Played one season of WAFL with South Freo IIRC

I should point out that Cyril Jnr, the Hawks version, is actually the third Cyril Rioli. His father and grandfather were also named Cyril.

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Great game from the kid. Worked and worked again. Instrumental in quite a few team goals and a couple himself.
Fair reward for a helluva lot of work.

Reactions: 4 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Still undecided if Moju can make the leap to midfielder. But the way he scares the crap out of opposition defences, maybe it's best he stays up forward.
I think he spent a fair bit of time on ball during that start of the vfl season and did very well?
Might not translate to AFL level but we haven’t seen the sort of pressure he puts on in years.

He doesn’t give up. Just keeps chasing. You could tell he was spent by the end of the 2nd qtr but he still chased them.

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I am talking only about JNR's improvement in endurance or at least 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts, I don't think I have seen a bigger one in one off season.
Will stand him in good stead for the rest of his game.
Very pleasantly surprised, we at least now know he has the tools at the level.
Can only get better.
A real credit to MJ. Would have had to put a mountain of work in. And he’s till only 19.

Comes across as a really mature kid.

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He's our most important player.

Hopefully Hardwick doesn't drop him for Aarts this time.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I should point out that Cyril Jnr, the Hawks version, is actually the third Cyril Rioli. His father and grandfather were also named Cyril.
Yep, Cyril's dad was Cyril Jr, and Cyril was known as Junior Boy in his young days.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Gotta remember with MJ he’s still only 19 too, and coming from a background and standard that’s not the pathway most follow (ie TAC CUP, WAFL etc) so you’d like to think he still has a LOT of development left in him.

He’ll continue to make mistakes for a while, but the potential is there. Definitely.

Reactions: 6 users