Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I love the Rioli Richmond romance as much as any other Tiger, however I’ve had doubts Junior has the tools to fit into an AFL Premiership team, yes of course his a kid whos just landed in the system , however yesterday was the most positive steps forward I’ve seen from junior , looks to have that important infectious spirit that team mates love , yes it was an inferior paced game , however nice signs

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We haven't recruited Junior for this year or even next year. He's got it, just needs to get fit and mature.

Sniffs a goal, you can't teach that

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We haven't recruited Junior for this year or even next year. He's got it, just needs to get fit and mature.

Agree. But don’t be surprised if he gets there quicker than what you think. I see him very much in the mould of Willie Rioli. Willie looked like he couldn’t get a run in Koo Wee Rup thirds going by his body shape. By the end of the year he was instrumental in their premiership.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Agree. But don’t be surprised if he gets there quicker than what you think. I see him very much in the mould of Willie Rioli. Willie looked like he couldn’t get a run in Koo Wee Rup thirds going by his body shape. By the end of the year he was instrumental in their premiership.
He reminds me very much of Stengle (on field)

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sure but the difference is that Willie was 23 in 2018. Junior is still a baby.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Junior has time as is only a baby but from the sounds of it has what it takes.

He is now in an elite environment, to be able to learn from the Cotchins, lamberts and Riewoldt first hand will accelerate his development - it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets a taste this year - exciting times to have such skill in the bank that we can slowly develop.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
By the sounds of things some promising signs from Jnr.

The beauty is he will be given time to develop, not thrown in the deep end like in years past with young players who weren't ready.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I love the Rioli Richmond romance as much as any other Tiger, however I’ve had doubts Junior has the tools to fit into an AFL Premiership team, yes of course his a kid whos just landed in the system , however yesterday was the most positive steps forward I’ve seen from junior , looks to have that important infectious spirit that team mates love , yes it was an inferior paced game , however nice signs
I too was impressed, let's also not forget he didn't have the 18th & final footy yr pre draft, we have never seen this before & the Club has always said he'll take time, he'll get there. I was impressed by what i saw yesterday, he's raw but u can see what he's going to be become

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

He missed the shot but that pick up on the boundary on the run was sublime, he sure moves like a Rioli.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’m pissed off with myself for deciding to go to work after the 1st game. Sounds like I missed some real magic. I hope a Rioli highlight package from the game becomes available

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I’m pissed off with myself for deciding to go to work after the 1st game. Sounds like I missed some real magic. I hope a Rioli highlight package from the game becomes available
It's not like JNR put on a clinic Fastin so a highlight package would only be about 3 or 4 clips long but it was the first time I have thought Hello!

Have seen JNR play several times live in 2018, 2019 but of course nothing last year and his glaring issue was fitness, was basically spent after one effort.

That is not a criticism but remains what he will need to put a lot of effort in to improve.

In the Intra he looked a mile off it, so the community game against the Dees was a good step forward.

He is in the best place to maximize his potential and will be given plenty plenty of time.

Last edited:
  • Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just finished watching the B game fastin, it's on YouTube. Practice match B Melbourne v Richmond n hit search comes up as three separate qtrs.
Don't let any of the naysayers fool ya about Moju. Kids got plenty of game.
Might be short n chunky n still got a lot to learn n grow, but.
Blistering burst of pace.
Got left n right step.
Works hard n stays busy.
Hits the ball n opponent hard.
Can sniff a goal from not much.
Falls over sometimes from going too fast in too many directions at once.
Put all his little match day pieces together from against the Dees n best way I can put it is a combo of cuzzin Daniel with some Marlion hurt factor.
Little bugger had me smilin.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just finished watching the B game fastin, it's on YouTube. Practice match B Melbourne v Richmond n hit search comes up as three separate qtrs.
Got left n right step.
Works hard n stays busy.
Put all his little match day pieces together from against the Dees n best way I can put it is a combo of cuzzin Daniel with some Marlion hurt factor.

As much as i try to dampen the JNR Hype Meter I will just have to accept this concept has no place on this thread ;) :)

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Got left n right step.
Works hard n stays busy.
Thanks mate