McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McLachlan. ..... G.O.N.E.

Who ever gets the job I hope they don’t revive AFLX

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
im betting benny went to state school.

which has no place in AFL house

Nah whilst brought up in Penguin went to Marist Regional College in Burnie actually ET.

One of only two private schools on Nth West Coast. Nothing like your private schools in major cities though mate.

There ain't no economic classes on the coast lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Further Bob, from what I hear, the club - meaning Gale, Hardwick and Balme - have challenged the AFL hard in respect of how we are umpired. (Balme especially has butted heads with Hocking on numerous occasions. Think there’s some bad blood there from Balme’s old Geelong days and when Hocking turned up on the scene, I think.)

But there’s numerous items and issues that the club has had with the AFL, and Gale obviously has been involved in those.

Caroline Wilson has referred to a tenuous relationship between Richmond and the AFL a few times now the last few years. Given its Wilson, take it for what it’s worth, but anyway.
Robbo and Wheatley made reference to the bad blood tonight on 360. Clubland want Gale but AFL want Auld.

Robbo thinks it’s best if neither get the job because of this.

• Angry
Crypto is a very broad term. If you're talking about a bitcoin that has no asset backing then you could argue but I still don't agree it's gambling but let's park that. You could look at NFTs that are tied to physical or digital items. There are also organisations building block chain solutions that will underpin commerce that have very solid assets. These last two examples are investments you could look at through our sponsor. By your definition they aren't gambling.

PS. "And if it’s not a safe bet, then surely it’s called gambling?" it's all risk reward based across any investment. That's why we diversify. 99% of investments you will have no direct control over. Your definition of gambling is extremely broad but that's your prerogative.
Historically putting your money into property, superannuation, blue chip shares and banks are considered safe investments. They are not gambles.
My definition of gambling is where the house has an advantage. Spec shares and crypto currencies are highly speculative and highly manipulated by financial institutions. Only way to win is buy low and sell high. Easier said than done.
I now trade shares for a living after owning my own business for 30 years and am under no illusions that I am purely gambling with my capital.

As much as Benny would help change the boys club at AFL headquarters, would much rather Benny stays with us.

He is the single most important person in the club to navigate our path forward ILO.

Couldn't agree more.

Imagine going into bargaining for TV rights after this clown goes .
You would be lucky SBS2 or 9Gem would be interested.
32% crowds are down. Noone in the soft media asked him yesterday.
This bloke ran around for 7 days just before round 1 this year, that it would be the week to break attendance records.
It didn't even come close to being broken.
But since that week, NO-ONE even Champion data Kingy hasnt brought up the biggest asset this game needs, the Supporter's.. beautiful afternoon at the G stkilda and hawthorn, 2 young up and coming sides. The game couldve been played at Moorabbin.
If I was the government I wouldn't be putting money into helping the AFL, they missed used funds for the last 10 yrs and noone has been held accountable.
The media feels free to bail out the AFL with '2 yrs of Covid'

Reactions: 3 users
If anyone was listening to Wheatley last night he explained exactly how this is going to work.

It was actually extraordinary how nonchalant he was in revealing the plan

Everyone should know he is after ALL the AFL's mouthpiece on AFL strategy

Wheatley explained, The bloke ( Auld or Dillon ) within AFL house they put front and square in the media as project managing these big deals, Tassie, AFL rights, Club funding allocations, will be get Gills job, Wheatley said, Benny will respectfully bow out of the race to appease the clubs. This is exactly what happened when the reigns were handed over from Demetriou to Gil 9 years ago, the playbook has been written.

This has all been decided already

The AFL has a script, just like WCW.

Clearly this is great news for us, this is because losing Benny and Peggy in a short time frame would be a big hit to the RFC

Reactions: 7 users
If anyone was listening to Wheatley last night he explained exactly how this is going to work.

It was actually extraordinary how nonchalant he was in revealing the plan

Everyone should know he is after ALL the AFL's mouthpiece on AFL strategy

Wheatley explained, The bloke ( Auld or Dillon ) within AFL house they put front and square in the media as project managing these big deals, Tassie, AFL rights, Club funding allocations, will be get Gills job, Wheatley said, Benny will respectfully bow out of the race to appease the clubs. This is exactly what happened when the reigns were handed over from Demetriou to Gil 9 years ago, the playbook has been written.

This has all been decided already

The AFL has a script, just like WCW.

Clearly this is great news for us, this is because losing Benny and Peggy in a short time frame would be a big hit to the RFC
Yup - Boys Club. Anyone who thinks it hasnt already been decided internally is kidding themselves

Reactions: 5 users
As much as Benny would help change the boys club at AFL headquarters, would much rather Benny stays with us.

He is the single most important person in the club to navigate our path forward ILO.
Benny can do a lot more for us as head of the AFL than his current role. Look what Shocking did for Geesook and he wasn’t ever the boss. We should all have our fingers crossed he gets the gig

Your making an assumption Benny has the morals of Shocking.

Benny is very different in that regard.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Historically putting your money into property, superannuation, blue chip shares and banks are considered safe investments. They are not gambles.
My definition of gambling is where the house has an advantage. Spec shares and crypto currencies are highly speculative and highly manipulated by financial institutions. Only way to win is buy low and sell high. Easier said than done.
I now trade shares for a living after owning my own business for 30 years and am under no illusions that I am purely gambling with my capital.
Maybe we should have a crypto thread. It's very murky. NFT's are throwing money away now. But dont confuse them with blockchain and Web 3 which are technologies, not "investment" vehicles

With Peggy stepping down.
Timing wouldn't be great either.

Reactions: 1 users
The time is right for Benny to run the whole show. What he at achieved at Tigerland has been nothing short of amazing.

However the bigger picture is the continued expansion of AFL at all levels. Womens and International expansion/exposure just two of the many areas which demand vision, time and money. No other club CEO has the same skill set and experience as our Benny so it’s best for the game overall.

I’ve followed AFL and NRL for 60 years and am passionate about both games. But AFL needs to lift its game even further to match the momentum Peter V’landys is building out of what was previously a basket case. (If anyone doubts his abilities just look how he transformed NSW horse racing). The strongest possible competition between the two codes will be fantastic.

Just heard the news Victoria has won the rights to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games with an emphasis on regional sporting locations. AFL should grab any opportunity to improve facilities for future growth. Again, look at what Benny and Richmond have built at Punt Road.
Where's the NRL sides in SA & WA?

If Benny does get the job, who could we see stepping into Benny’s job at Richmond?
my vote would be for Dan Jackson.

• Love
If Benny does get the job, who could we see stepping into Benny’s job at Richmond?
my vote would be for Dan Jackson.

Reckon Jackson would be a million miles from being ready to run an 80 Million dollar a year sporting organisation like Richmond.

He is currently the leadership development Mgr at Adelaide reporting into the football mgr. Pretty much a cut down version of what Shane McCurry does for us
(Culture, Leadership & Organisational Development).

That is the type of role Dan would be suited for.

Low financial acumen needed for that role and would be a quantum jump up an org chart to be the CEO of Richmond where it is key.

We'd be aiming a lot higher than Dan ILO.

Reactions: 10 users