Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

I wonder how many picks we use in the national and rookie draft(s)?

This is my guess:

Retire: Grimes, Prestia, Naismith
Delist: McIntosh (retire?), Cumberland, Colina (B rookie makes no difference whether he stays or goes)
Free agency: Graham
Trade: Baker

Clears up 7 main spots & 1 b rookie spot.

I can see someone like Green, Dow and possibly more mature players that can offer more so off field if they were willing (Pickett and or McIntosh) being delisted and rookied if there is ample spots available.

Reactions: 1 user
Martin and Prestia will be offered contracts.

Prestia will transition into an assistant / development coach similar to Lambert.
Prestia is retiring are the rumours and they're quite strong and club is doing a big clean out with players and footy department. It was mentioned by a reliable poster on another forum a few weeks ago and backed up by another reliable poster.
Martin is a mystery atm bc he's still very capable and Ralph is playing the waiting game with him.

Both Prestia and Martin have shown what they can do when fit. I say keep them on for another year. Both players have the capacity to excel further with a health list of players.

Reactions: 4 users
Martin and Prestia will be offered contracts.

Prestia will transition into an assistant / development coach similar to Lambert.
I can't see how they can offer Prestia one more, even with 25+ disposals on Saturday night he was ineffectual, going to ground, no two way running, no burst. Not to mention he's more injury prone than ever.

Wouldn't surprise me if we took a ruck... imagine if Nank gets injured this year, Ryan couldn't cope.

Ralph Malph reckons 2 picks max (yeah I know) in the HS. Just posted it in the Journo section.

Be a good idea to draft lachie wilson in and under sets up attack and defence , give the kid a crack he’s been outstanding from the first game he’s played ,

Prestia is retiring are the rumours and they're quite strong and club is doing a big clean out with players and footy department. It was mentioned by a reliable poster on another forum a few weeks ago and backed up by another reliable poster.
Martin is a mystery atm bc he's still very capable and Ralph is playing the waiting game with him.
last thing I heard was that Prestia wanted a one year contract in 2025

how long ago??
A month or so, maybe a bit longer. It was mentioned on one of the AFL site programs when they were talking about the number of players we have coming out of contract.

I have no idea what is true but that is the last I heard.

Yze is big wrap for Dion clearly, not just as a player but as a leader in developing our younger players.

If we can get a proven fitness team for 2025 I'd put him on yearly contracts.

If Dion remains injury free for the rest of the year I reckon he will get another year then transition to coaching. And so he should, he's been huge for us and still has plenty left to contribute.

Reactions: 7 users
Cleaning out but signed Mansell for 2 years? I don’t know.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It is a big question, here's my uninformed thoughts:

Retiring: Prestia, Grimes, Naismith
Possibly Retiring: McIntosh
Likely to re-sign short term: Martin
Free Agency: Graham
Possibly Leaving: Baker
Delist: Dow, Colina
In the balance: Cumberland
Re-sign: Coulthart, Pickett

I would definitely re-sign Coulthard I reckon he has more potential than Cumberland who has been disappointing.

I would keep Pickett, for all his faults he puts in every week and people seem to notice his mistakes more than his good play. I reckon part of the issue with Pickett is the way the umps and the MRO hate him. Screw them!

If McIntosh wants to stay I would re-sign.

Dusty is an enigma, seems to be the way he likes it, I would re-sign him for 2 years if he wants it.

Colina has been a Cat B rookie for how long? Not happening, waste of the rookie spot.

I would want to keep Baker, but if he wants to go, we extract as much as we can.

DRioli should stay.

Dow I cannot see being a permanent centre in a competitive team, he doesn't have the size nor does he have the disposal skills or any other attributes to make up for his deficiencies, just not competitive in today's game with the beasts in the centre.

Prestia and Grimes both have failing bodies, I reckon they will retire.

I'm sure I have missed some.

Take 2 in the MSD as Yze said, anyone we take should not be for 2024, this year is gone, who cares if we don't have a ruck for a while. Look for players who can develop into AFL level players. Archie May and El Nour would do me.

DS

Prestia plays another year need his leadership nothing surer than he plays again anyone saying anything different is delusional

• Dislike
  • Wow