Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Give us some hope DA? How did Dow play?
Wish I could Smoking.
We were humiliated out there yesterday.
Players arguing with each other during the game and at the breaks but more distressing was our disposal and decision making.
Dow, RCD and Martyn unsighted.
I can see what the hype is with Sonsie. Very classy.
Brown had no impact and let himself down with disposal whilst Judson Clarke looks promising.
MRJ tackled with intent but can’t get the ball.
Stack has to be promoted because he’s the only one out there that can play high quality senior football.
The rest? Meh

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Wish I could Smoking.
Players arguing with each other during the game and at the breaks but more distressing was our disposal and decision making.
Brown had no impact and let himself down with disposal whilst Judson Clarke looks promising.
Stack has to be promoted because he’s the only one out there that can play high quality senior football.
The rest? Meh
*smile* its never a good sign if players are arguing. I would hope its a one off and doesnt become the norm. Could you see who were the main culprits?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
We’ve tried to address the midfield issue since 2016 but it’s hard to do when your first pick in the draft is pick 18-20. This shows in the quality (or lack thereof) of the type midfielders we have brought in during that time.

You can’t replace a Cotchin (pick 2), Martin (pick 3) or Prestia (pick 9) with an RCD (pick 20), Ross (pick 42) or Dow (pick 19).

Long and likely painful road ahead rebuilding our midfield.
It’s the picks 19 and 20 you just have to get right.
Don’t think we have.
RCD was the right pick at the time. Hasn’t worked out.
Dow was one from the clouds and am convinced we could have picked him up much later ( in the high 30s early 40s.)
Can’t expect too much from the later picks.
Dunstan was a gimee and we passed

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Did
Wish I could Smoking.
The rest? Meh

Didnt watch a minute of this game. But, if true that players were arguing during the game and at the breaks (no reason to doubt you DA), this is a worry.
The coaching panel needs to get on top of this asap.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
We surely have massive cap space in coming years, with the impending departures of Cotch, Jack, Sheds and co.
I think the 2 contracts that are squeezing our cap are Dusty (worth it) and Lynch (backended, isn't he on close to 1.2-1.5m now).
Cotch's retirement this year will help.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I think the 2 contracts that are squeezing our cap are Dusty (worth it) and Lynch (backended, isn't he on close to 1.2-1.5m now).
Cotch's retirement this year will help.
Cotchin and Jack retiring would have easy 1.6 million free.
Can't now blame Martin & Lynch.
Lynch is getting his highest amounts thud year and last year 1.3 and I'm pretty sure Martin is on similiar this and next year.
We should at the end of this year have enough to get in 2 X 600k mids.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Wish I could Smoking.
The rest? Meh
Where's that Tyrone Vickery look alike??
Clay Sampson??

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He had sore ribs for a week and a half.
Prior to that he had a very solid body of work.
Watched the magoos with Caesar yesterday. He is miiiiiiiiiles off it. Looks to be carrying too much weight around the flanks and his running from contest to contest has not improved. More or less unsighted for the entire game.
Be careful what you wish for bringing him into the side.
I'm sure someone was saying it was the summer of Riley..
This is a concerning development. Come on RCD. Lift son.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Midfield stocks are our weakness.
Aging stars, injury prone and a handful of kids yet to prove they can cut it.
Blair and co need to conjure something this year or else we’re heading downhill at a fast rate

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
All this talk about RCD having a big pre season actually meant spending the whole summer at KFC...?
Players fighting , ill discipline...some very worrying signs.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Pickett debuted as a midfielder. Although he was very good on the wing last night, there may be greater need around clearances. I would think about having Kmac and Broad or Edwards on the wings with Ross and Pickett part of the midfield rotation.

Reactions: 1 users