Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Luke Parker shows you don’t necessarily need early picks to get very good players.

Bolton also a great example.

This can be addressed in a draft.
Luke Parker still kills me. What a miss all those years ago. He’s a star.

Reactions: 4 users
Young Bull Angus Sheldrick who I was very keen on and was selected by the Swans at pick 18 after we picked Tom Brown at 17 made his debut today.

I'm happy with the potential that Tom has shown, but will follow the Bull closely.

Reactions: 1 user
Young Bull Angus Sheldrick who I was very keen on and was selected by the Swans at pick 18 after we picked Tom Brown at 17 made his debut today.

I'm happy with the potential that Tom has shown, but will follow the Bull closely.

Sheldrick would've been a reach at pick 17. Was touted as a 40's pick. Sydney bit the bullet. Tom Brown looks like a class act but good on Sheldrick making his debut.

Reactions: 1 users
Paddy Dow is right age bracket and highly rated junior may need a fresh start with his brother

This has been going on for 30 plus years , our love of flankers ahead of mids and kpps.....
Used to *smile* me off but now i sorta just accept it...

Ultimately we are paying for our poor mid recruiting and list management from around 203-2015 imo

lose 3 elim finals largely due to being smashed in clearences yet looking at those three drafts it is largely flankers with a few talls thrown in
2014 1st rnd pick on corey ellis and we picked up lambo in rookie draft but apart from that doesnt seem any genuine attempt to get mids , especially with nd picks..

Last edited:
Sheldrick would've been a reach at pick 17. Was touted as a 40's pick. Sydney bit the bullet. Tom Brown looks like a class act but good on Sheldrick making his debut.
Sydney would have taken Brown if he was still available.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
At 3/4 time we were a few goals up, the clearances were 20-23 and everything was fine.
We had an absolutely disgraceful last quarter.

The question is whether the 1st 3 quarters true indicationof where we are at, or the last.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
At 3/4 time we were a few goals up, the clearances were 20-23 and everything was fine.

The question is whether the 1st 3 quarters true indicationof where we are at, or the last.
...with our best mid down.

That does put it into perspective. It's a bit of recency bias coupled with the way we were smashed. We had no answers and shines a light on an area we all know is not as strong as it could be. A bit from column a and b but considering Dion is out for the near/mid, more from column we have some serious problems to deal with if we want to contend.

• Love

It was also the 2nd qrt, that was horrible to watch. Back to old richmond where we couldnt score for a qrt

Do we also need a better midfield coach as McQualter or Clarke don't fit for me?

This is 1 I'd like to know about a bit more. We were much better at clearances with Kingsley there. We've been rubbish in the midfield the last 2 years since we moved Kingsley. Need to move him back to be the stoppage coach.

And what sort of benchmark are the blues?

It was also the 2nd qrt, that was horrible to watch. Back to old richmond where we couldnt score for a qrt
we won the CB clearances 3-2 in the 2nd, but lost the around clearances 7-3.
but yes we were generally rubbish in the 2nd as well.
I50s were something like 20-5 for the quarter.

I assume RCD would be limited in his training during the week?
Given he is our most important young player we needed to improve this season(IMO) its disappointing he/we have copped so much bad luck...

If RCD is not fully fit he should not play. The ribs need to heal and then we play him. Otherwise we are setting him up for failure.

So, if no RCD, put Ross in the middle, tell him he has 3 weeks, show us what you can do or forget it.

DS