Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
We all new we had issues in the midfield, The problem is if you don't play Dow, RCD, Ross, we are going to be so far behind they need to play!!
Need Bolton in the Midfield.
The midfield looked unorganised in the last quarter.
Clearance is King and if we don't get it we are done. put the young body's in there..

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tom green played very big on saturday.

I cant see how RCD doesnt come in for Dion at least for the duration of his absence

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The clock is ticking on these young midfielders. We might have to declare a bust and trade in some proven performers.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He should be a Brownlow medallist - the kid is amongst the top players a very underrated player
Luke Parker, Sloane, Yeo types are always there but flog recruiter's don't select them because they may lack foot speed or theyre aren't reliable kicks.
Compare that to our drafting from pick 10-20 Lennon, Collier Dawkins, Higgins and Dow, Ellisx 2 both gone and you throw in Cj
That's not the next core coming though.
I rather screw up on risky pick in the 40's then constantly burn picks in the teens.
Parker is a star

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I hope Mj get's a crack in the Vfl midfield ,l think he is being wasted as a small forward ,he has great pressure and tackling ,and a quick thinker.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Kane Cornes' comments are all fair and reasonable.
Lots of calls to "play the kids", but the nextGen mids - Ross, RCD, Dow, Martyn, (Cumberland?) - are just not going to be the players we hoped and need them to be.
They will be exposed, but that in itself is useful, because it will force the club to make list management decisions for the future.
Hardwick's R1 wing preference for Aarts over the some of the kids, and having Parker as an emergency, tells me he's using gaffer tape to keep the old boat afloat for a final shot at the title whilst the old boys Cotch, Jack and co are still running around.
The next month will tell us how realistic that strategy is.
It's already looking a little leaky.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Worst thing is that SEN news referred to Cornhead as "AFL great..." yesterday. Yeah, our midfield is sh!t but has he commented how shittier his Port Chokelaide is??

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
And what sort of benchmark are the blues?
There's no doubt they would have focused all summer on this game and with Docherty and a new coach for motivation. They were up and about but you have to give them credit. I reckon they'll be a top 3 midfield especially when you recognise they're down Walsh.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Kane Cornes' comments are all fair and reasonable.
Lots of calls to "play the kids", but the nextGen mids - Ross, RCD, Dow, Martyn, (Cumberland?) - are just not going to be the players we hoped and need them to be.
They will be exposed, but that in itself is useful, because it will force the club to make list management decisions for the future.
Hardwick's R1 wing preference for Aarts over the some of the kids, and having Parker as an emergency, tells me he's using gaffer tape to keep the old boat afloat for a final shot at the title whilst the old boys Cotch, Jack and co are still running around.
The next month will tell us how realistic that strategy is.
It's already looking a little leaky.
I think the kids not looking like they will be that special is probably more telling than the older guys showing their age .

That was always going to happen to the older players .

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
After R1 in the VFA we have Sonsie, MRJ, Clarke, Banks on watch. Maybe Cumberland if he can improve his tank.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Big test for our emerging midfield tomorrow against the Saints.
Youngsters Dow, Ross, Jack G & Shai are really going to have to help Cotch & Shedda out in the clinches.
Winning clearance has been the trend this season in shaping results.

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Big test for our emerging midfield tomorrow against the Saints.
Youngsters Dow, Ross, Jack G & Shai are really going to have to help Cotch & Shedda out in the clinches.
Winning clearance has been the trend this season in shaping results.
They passed the test last week & GWS Mids are better than Aints.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Leon Cameron's destroying a good list with a really crappy playing style. They made it easy to play against them last week.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Still early but if our midfield gets beaten up by GWS then concerns will grow. Not panic stations yet.
I'm more concerned about the Saints midfield beating up on the Tigers than I am about the Gee Whiz because the Gee Whiz midfield is full of serious players.

The Saints have who really apart from Steele, cant kick Crouch and a hot and cold Hill.

They don't have Billings, Hannebury, Hunter Clark or Jones, so if they get a hold of us tomorrow I will actually be pretty disappointed.

I would've liked to see Mansell get Butler to sit on him and shut him out as I reckon hed do a better negating role on Dan than Rioli or Short.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Leon Cameron's destroying a good list with a really crappy playing style. They made it easy to play against them last week.
Davis going down helped us out no end also, just as him and Whitfield playing injured in the 2019 GF helped us immensely.

Reactions: 1 user