Midfield Depth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Midfield Depth

Perhaps we can engineer a trade for a youngish mid who's not getting an opportunity at another club. Otherwise wouldn't hurt for us to have a go for Boak or Beams. Clearly we need one more experienced class mid in a hurry.

based on tucks game, strength through his hips, good over head,he might and probably could play at this level, for 2 to even 5 years,is also dedicated, we are 2 to three good mids away from a top mid field, can we fix this in this strong draft?, yes we can and will, the bulk of our list has been put tigether over last three drafts, yes with two very compromised drafts, and remember our young talls bad injurys this year, the club and myself holds asbury in high regard, has missed most this year, ben griffitrhs has only played a handfull of games of footy anywhere, with almost no preseasons behind him, tv, will be back to form next year with a fully fit body and his best pre season, grimes has made a huge impact with only 15 games or so ever played, and tiges will get another player from another club next year, the club has always known, were at this stage a draft away from getting the list at a really exciting stage, we are one of a few teams that has been in every single game in the last quater, this wont require a great deal more to see a big improvement ion our win loss ratios :clap

Tigers2011 said:
Perhaps we can engineer a trade for a youngish mid who's not getting an opportunity at another club. Otherwise wouldn't hurt for us to have a go for Boak or Beams. Clearly we need one more experienced class mid in a hurry.

Agree.

Getting plenty of drive from our midfielders, need to keep this area strong, particularly with quality personnel.

Tigers of Old said:
We just need to keep taking quality kids.
Conca and Ellis have made an impact quite quickly.
They seem much more prepared for senior football than a few years back these kids.
Just keep adding to the pile.

gotta add helbig with conca and ellis before he's injury's he was up there with conca wish we could get a fit arnot he's body is afl made he will make a impact

jokershoppe said:
based on tucks game, strength through his hips, good over head,he might and probably could play at this level, for 2 to even 5 years,is also dedicated, we are 2 to three good mids away from a top mid field, can we fix this in this strong draft?, yes we can and will, the bulk of our list has been put tigether over last three drafts, yes with two very compromised drafts, and remember our young talls bad injurys this year, the club and myself holds asbury in high regard, has missed most this year, ben griffitrhs has only played a handfull of games of footy anywhere, with almost no preseasons behind him, tv, will be back to form next year with a fully fit body and his best pre season, grimes has made a huge impact with only 15 games or so ever played, and tiges will get another player from another club next year, the club has always known, were at this stage a draft away from getting the list at a really exciting stage, we are one of a few teams that has been in every single game in the last quater, this wont require a great deal more to see a big improvement ion our win loss ratios :clap

Good synopsis.

The only tangible we cant measure is who is playing at their peak now (and will drop off) and who is yet to emerge 9think TV last year).
If i could crystal ball this, i'd be a very rich man (or at least a very good supercoah).

tigerdave said:
Our list is starting to take shape quite nicely through good recruiting.

And staying true to the long term plan laid down by Dimma. People need to stop and think about his vision and what he is building. Am glad he is staying true to his word and building a list that will achieve success. The development is similar to Collingwood late 80's when they built a list that took them to a premiership, even Geelong and West Coast who ahd a nucleas in the midfield and built around that.

Its still a roller coaster ride and I am gld we are nearing the end of the ride...

Dean Hart Northey said:
And staying true to the long term plan laid down by Dimma. People need to stop and think about his vision and what he is building. Am glad he is staying true to his word and building a list that will achieve success. The development is similar to Collingwood late 80's when they built a list that took them to a premiership, even Geelong and West Coast who ahd a nucleas in the midfield and built around that.

Its still a roller coaster ride and I am gld we are nearing the end of the ride...
Good post. We are on the edge now. Our best 22 is pretty good when we are playing well but we need to build the next 10 to a higher standard and that will come with another couple of pre seasons for young players and some more good drafting and trading.

We are very vulnerable now to injuries but the difference between now and 2 years ago is a quantum leap.

I want to see this group dig in over the coming weeks and show some spine but I also expect that the lack of quality replacements may tell on us. Last Saturday was a scratchy performance but we were easily better than our opponents even with 7 changes.

The verdict of this thread is officially in. Undoubtedly.

Chimp & Lids have had 74 possessions between them today & we still get rolled by Gold Coast. Think about that re: the thread heading.

Midfield depth still miles off. Depth all over the field miles off.

Draft midfield talent that can push forward with every early pick & stock up on state league players late on in both Nat & rookie draft to relieve the blatant lack of depth in out list.

The case against cannot be argued against anymore.

Leysy Days said:

Chimp & Lids have had 74 possessions between them today & we still get rolled by Gold Coast. Think about that.

Draft midfield talent that can push forward with every early pick & stock up on state league players late on in both Nat & rookie draft to relieve the blatant lack of depth in out list.

Yep. We are a long way away still.

Leysy Days said:

Chimp & Lids have had 74 possessions between them today & we still get rolled by Gold Coast. Think about that.

Agreed. Frightening reality, especially given Foley is injury prone, Martin doesnt have a midfield tank as yet and Tuck is over 30.

If anything, the form of Ellis, Conca, O'Hanlon and Maric gives hope that we may be building midfield depth. Yes we need to keep adding but the cupboard most certainly is not bare and depth is not miles off.