Mighty Tigers vs Petraccabourne Friday 26th March | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mighty Tigers vs Petraccabourne Friday 26th March

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
his name is Matthew *smile*. he took the day off from his year 11 studies .to present a live stream event ..................at this stage he has qualified as 'the Australian leading newspaper reporter '.. I am expecting big thing from young *smile* this year ..... maybe the host of the couch?
Good thing Sandy Roberts has retired then.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its the great mystery of the internet. I expect a few recruiting managers from other clubs are trying to find out also
Yep they will try to pinch him just to spite us.

Cant be letting them pricks from Punt Road get their hands on another handy looking kid.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Fair to say we didn’t take our one wood out of the bag today...
We even rested players when the game was on the line for the last 1/4, Dees players spoke of wanting to win because of who the oppo was. It shows where both Clubs are at. I am more than happy, we got a good run & seemed to have got through unscathed, onto next week. #GoTiges!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The club seem to like Chol but even in a practice match he seemed disinterested. A pity he can't get his enthusiasm for the game to match his potential talents

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I said in the off-season I'd like to see us have a crack at getting Gawn in.

Now I really wish we had.
How long is it since a top shelf ruckman ( top 3 in the league) has been in a premiership side? Imho yes you must have a competive beast in there,and Nanks as good as any in that area , however money is better spent in just about every other position on the ground. I’m guessing we get Nank and Lambert for the same price as Grundy, Gawn and Nic Nat cost there clubs

Reactions: 12 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Felt like we had the handbrake on for much of the game. Looked good moving the ball with slick handball at times. Edwards seemed in particularly good nick. In general the younger players seemed to not be as clean as the experienced heads, to be expected I suppose. Hopefully we got what we needed out of it.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
That's true but top line ruckman are pretty rare and then they need 21 team mates of the quality to win a flag so the probability is challenging.

I love Nank but if he was our 3rd forward/second ruck and we had Gawn or Goldstein starting we would be close to unbeatable.

But we would have to pay top dollar for a topline ruck and like @Mr Brightside said we would then lose another player like Lambert

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
That's true but top line ruckman are pretty rare and then they need 21 team mates of the quality to win a flag so the probability is challenging.

I love Nank but if he was our 3rd forward/second ruck and we had Gawn or Goldstein starting we would be close to unbeatable.
Definitely would be nice to have Gawn, however i think we have proven in recent year that an elite ruckman is not a huge part of winning Premierships. On the other hand you don’t win flags without elite mids

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How long is it since a top shelf ruckman ( top 3 in the league) has been in a premiership side? Imho yes you must have a competive beast in there,and Nanks as good as any in that area , however money is better spent in just about every other position on the ground. I’m guessing we get Nank and Lambert for the same price as Grundy, Gawn and Nic Nat cost there clubs
I'm with you in regards to ruckman, I do love Nank though.
The Hawks won their three-peat with Bailey, Hale and McEvoy, who got flogged in the hit outs, and the Dogs won their flag with part timers. The Eagles won the flag against the Pies and lost the hit outs 57-29.
Nank in last years Prelim and GF where he had 16 tackles and 8 clearances is of higher value for mine.

Reactions: 6 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Relax let the dee's have there time in the Sun.Gawn is a class ruckman, but don't underestimate Nank in last years finals he was a beast with 3 flags.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'm with you in regards to ruckman, I do love Nank though.
The Hawks won their three-peat with Bailey, Hale and McEvoy, who got flogged in the hit outs, and the Dogs won their flag with part timers. The Eagles won the flag against the Pies and lost the hit outs 57-29.
Nank in last years Prelim and GF where he had 16 tackles and 8 clearances is of higher value for mine.
Eagles won their flag without the “ best” ruck since Polly Farmer too ;)

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It would certainly require some ruthless list management but it can be done. The success tax works both ways, a player wanting success in their later years will take less to go to a strong side.

I think with Rance and Higgins going off the books, we could have made a play for someone and I suspect that will happen at the end of this year.
6 picks under 35.
Cotchin to free up 700k
Castgna and Bolton signatures are priority and then i expected us to go hard after a free agent.
If Bompmytelly hasn't signed with the doggies before July/August
Back it in we going hard to get him over.
The rumours a strong. His family are one eyed Richmond supporters.
Apparently he was very very happy the flag came to us.
2022 midfield Soldo Martin Martyn Prestia Ross Bompmytelly
Not bad.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
6 picks under 35.
Cotchin to free up 700k
Castgna and Bolton signatures are priority and then i expected us to go hard after a free agent.
If Bompmytelly hasn't signed with the doggies before July/August
Back it in we going hard to get him over.
The rumours a strong. His family are one eyed Richmond supporters.
Apparently he was very very happy the flag came to us.
2022 midfield Soldo Martin Martyn Prestia Ross Bompmytelly
Not bad.
I'm not sure this is the way we should go.
Our team and depth is strong and we have a number of players who can step up because they have been developed well. The culture to me should be that we develop players and then we reward internally as they prove themselves.
My feeling is the free agency and big chunks of our salary cap should only be used for a KPP if one became available, a replacement for Jack to sit beside Lynch
I would be using our picks next year to trade up to a top 10 pick and get in an 18 year old mid with big upside