Mighty Tigers vs Petraccabourne Friday 26th March | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mighty Tigers vs Petraccabourne Friday 26th March

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeh and that narrative went on for the whole telecast- baffling

They were clearly Melbourne nuffies.

Melbourne were "missing key players" in Viney, Brown, Weiderman, Hibberd, Pickett, Hore (the last 2 have played 14 games each).

We were missing Prestia (better player than Viney), Houli (to even compare here to Hubberd is laughable), Lambert (key player for us), Rioli (same), Soldo didn't even get a mention from them but is best 22. If they want to include 14 gamers, then we should be including Stack in there too as again a much better player than Marty freaking Hore.

Full strength must mean something different to Melbourne nuffies.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
We got beaten by the Shemans and Lollingwood last year in practise games and then got off to a poor start. Hope we get it together a bit faster this year. Given our game plan relies on manic pressure when we are off slightly it’s not hard to pick us apart through the middle.
Start v blues was fine , was after the lockdown resumption and splintered training groups we looked sluggish

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They were clearly Melbourne nuffies.

Melbourne were "missing key players" in Viney, Brown, Weiderman, Hibberd, Pickett, Hore (the last 2 have played 14 games each).

We were missing Prestia (better player than Viney), Houli (to even compare here to Hubberd is laughable), Lambert (key player for us), Rioli (same), Soldo didn't even get a mention from them but is best 22. If they want to include 14 gamers, then we should be including Stack in there too as again a much better player than Marty freaking Hore.

Full strength must mean something different to Melbourne nuffies.
Stop ruining the narrative man ................... :))

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I enjoyed the 'B' game as I got the chance to see some of our kids play. There will be a few knocking on the AFL door this season which is good for our future

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where are these 6 picks coming from??!!
2 first rounders
2 2nd rounders
2 3rd rounders

*We traded last years first rounder for a 2021 first rounder *Geelong's
*We get a 2nd rounder from a swap of picks from last year
*We get Stkilda's 3rd rounder from the Higgins trade

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
2 first rounders
2 2nd rounders
2 3rd rounders

*We traded last years first rounder for a 2021 first rounder *Geelong's
*We get a 2nd rounder from a swap of picks from last year
*We get Stkilda's 3rd rounder from the Higgins trade
We got St Kilda 2nd rounder for Higgins
We got Gold Coasts 3rd rounder for Markov

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Every year there are narratives on here and elsewhere about practice match form and every year that form has proven to be irrelevant, yet it gets trotted out again and again. I recall the really good Sydney sides of the noughties under Roos lost just about every pre season game for years

Two things to remember about the game on Friday. Our game is built on manic pressure and it's not going to be there in February and it will never be that way, sides that if given space and time look good ( like Melbourne) always do well in pre season games because the pressure isn't there. The other is that we played a Grand final at the end of October and our players will be behind those who didn't play finals in their conditioning.

Absolutely nothing to worry about from that game. Just be grateful noone got injured

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Every year there are narratives on here and elsewhere about practice match form and every year that form has proven to be irrelevant, yet it gets trotted out again and again. I recall the really good Sydney sides of the noughties under Roos lost just about every pre season game for years

Two things to remember about the game on Friday. Our game is built on manic pressure and it's not going to be there in February and it will never be that way, sides that if given space and time look good ( like Melbourne) always do well in pre season games because the pressure isn't there. The other is that we played a Grand final at the end of October and our players will be behind those who didn't play finals in their conditioning.

Absolutely nothing to worry about from that game. Just be grateful noone got injured
Thanks Brother Love.
Like we don't know, we dont wake up til after the mid season bye.
Every Richmond supporter is sitting back sucking down pina colada's til we flick the switch.
This will be our easiest flag of the last 3.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Thanks Brother Love.
Every Richmond supporter is sitting back sucking down pina colada's til we flick the switch.
Getting tired of the pina coladas. Might switch over to fluffy ducks :cool:

But yes, Zips, spot on. We don't get up until after the bye.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Thanks Brother Love.
Brother love o_O

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He didn't know that.
Party pooper
Bomtemptelly will cost us our first 3 and next year's 1st.
Footscary will match the offer.
Haaaarrrgh.
Bumpmytelly gunna cost us two first rounders and a second rounder end of this year, plus our first pick in next years draft.
Only player worth that much b the Dusty man circa 2017 onward. Bumpmytelly can stay in his kennel n roll around among the barkers eggs.

• Haha

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Loved CJ’s game yesterday. Great hands and mobility.
Can see him taking ground time from Nank soon after his suspension finishes in round 4.
Also liked the games of round 1 contenders Dow, Martyn and Ross, with replacements for Bacher and Prestia, to come from these three?
6 picks under 35.
Cotchin to free up 700k
Castgna and Bolton signatures are priority and then i expected us to go hard after a free agent.
If Bompmytelly hasn't signed
2022 midfield Soldo Martin Martyn Prestia Ross Bompmytelly
Not bad.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I love the big Nanker but he can get injured a bit with the way he plays so I think CJ when he plays will be vital for us. It will give Nank a little break during the season and be good for his own career. It may give us an insight how it will work when Jack retires.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I love the big Nanker but he can get injured a bit with the way he plays so I think CJ when he plays will be vital for us. It will give Nank a little break during the season and be good for his own career. It may give us an insight how it will work when Jack retires.
Out of all of the kids to retire, i would keep Jack in front of others.
People get sucked in by the media.
He should've kicked 4 goals again in last year's GF, a follow to his 5 the yesr before.
Outstanding and very smart footballer

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I enjoyed the 'B' game as I got the chance to see some of our kids play. There will be a few knocking on the AFL door this season which is good for our future
Yep.
Dow looks to good for magoos level.
Liked the work of Josh Green, won't complain if we throw him a last minute chance on the list. Rawboned kid strong overhead n tidy enough around the packs to be developed further.
Eggsy just way to smooth off half back for magoos level.
Biggie's got some decent intercept marking n played tidy n composed out of the back line.
Cujo's still developing nicely, plays big strong n hard.
Moju's just *smile* exciting.
Bit worried about Garp's game. Played forward instead of back n had bugger all influence on the game.
Not sure who they were, but 26 n 34 also had some good game for the magoos.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Egg is so far above the rest it's astonishing Mansell got a gig ahead of him, let alone the others being considered. Green is a chance on type if he ticks baseline athleticism and work rate standards. Looks like a Caddy type, only much bigger.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I just don't see Egg getting better and he's still not physical enough and indecisive. A largely hands free game suits him, hence why pre-season he looks at the level. He looks lost when the pressure goes up hence why I don't think he will make it at the top level, particularly at the top of the ladder. He's probably better suited to someone in the bottom 6 of the AFL.