Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Watched “A beautiful day in the neighbourhood “ about tv kids show host Fred Rogers. I enjoyed it to a degree but 2 things, Hanks played Rogers a bit like some sort of “idiot savant” and there was too much focus on the fictional character of the magazine interviewers relationship issues with his father.
and again please in English :)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Report is an excellent look at the lies and cover-ups involved in the US's post-9/11 invasion of Iraq.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I cant begin to tell you how bad the film version of the tv show Fantasy Island is.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ad Astra - someone had a big special effects budget and wanted to spend it all, to the point where the sets dominate the movie. Characters were cold and difficult to engage with, but I didn’t think the actors were given much to work with. Took a long-winded path to say not much at all, and would probably work better without the futuristic space setting. I expect it to fade into obscurity down the track.
Watched this on Foxtel movies tonight. Have to agree, dull and too slow for mine.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix today, Spike Lee's latest film, and loved it. Better than Blackkklansman. It has a stunning performance from Delroy Lindo.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix today, Spike Lee's latest film, and loved it. Better than Blackkklansman. It has a stunning performance from Delroy Lindo.

I was amazed to discover recently that Delroy Lindo is English.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

Thought the second half undid a lot of the good first half.

Delroy, however, was great throughout.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A shout out to an old (2006) movie but one of my favourite comedies which I managed to track down on DVD recently. Still as funny as ever, in a so-dumb-it's-genius kinda way. Some will hate it though!

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
A shout out to an old (2006) movie but one of my favourite comedies which I managed to track down on DVD recently. Still as funny as ever, in a so-dumb-it's-genius kinda way. Some will hate it though!

It’s a classic! One of my favourites.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched Eurovision Song Contest with Will Ferrell on Netflix. Moderately amusing, 2hrs for a moderately amusing film is too long though.

Its been 12 years now since Ferrell has had a *smile* funny film.