Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Thunder Road . Indy flick . Tragic Comedy. Lead guy (who wrote and directed it as well ) does an incredible job ..
.. loosely based on the Springsteen song 'Thunder Road'..

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The Dead Don't Die is as boring as bat *smile* and The very excellent Mr Dundee is as funny as a funeral. Don't bother watching either.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The Dead Don't Die is as boring as bat *smile* and The very excellent Mr Dundee is as funny as a funeral. Don't bother watching either.
Watched 'The Dead Don't Die' the other night, a bit underwhelming, watched 20 odd minutes of Mr Dundee, just too distracted by Hoge's teeth to concentrate.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
After watching the Feud mini series on Foxtel about Joan Crawford ( I always think of Derek and Clive when i hear her name) and Bette Davis i went and watched “Whatever happened to baby Jane?”. I quite enjoyed it, was probably more gripping back in 1962, not so much now. And i watched Mommie Dearest with Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. High camp.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Cats : The Movie...what a stinker. Awful.

Knives Out. Was a reasonably fun Whodunnit movie til it dragged the last half hour.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Gattaca ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

“Manic depression: 42% probability. Attention deficit disorder: 89% probability....”

As a boy, it didn’t take long for Gattaca’s protagonist Vincent Freeman to resonate with me. Although as a teenager at secondary school, I had no idea why his story meant so much to me.

Watching the film as a father with a son... A son named “Vincent”, I made a lot more sense of my lifelong infatuation with this film.

The stories we connect with on the deepest level remind us of our own. And the stories that inspire can teach us self acceptance, or remind us that as bad as things may appear at first glance that “there is no gene for fate.”

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I know it’s an old movie.

Watching it a second time around was truly inspiring ...

Schindlers List. A young Liam Neilson in a brilliant performance.
The ending I had completely forgotten about.

‘A placing of a rose on the gravestone’
( watch for that )

Reactions: 2 users

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
I know it’s an old movie.

Watching it a second time around was truly inspiring ...

Schindlers List. A young Liam Neilson in a brilliant performance.
The ending I had completely forgotten about.

‘A placing of a rose on the gravestone’
( watch for that )

I’m a massive fan of John Williams, Waiting. And yet I haven’t seen Schindler’s List. Gonna have to sort that out quick smart. Maybe post finals...

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I’m a massive fan of John Williams, Waiting. And yet I haven’t seen Schindler’s List. Gonna have to sort that out quick smart. Maybe post finals...
Watch it Gyps.
Really gut wrenching. I nearly said to my wife I can’t watch this. Maybe why I couldn’t remember the ending- maybe I walked out of the cinema??
Wife said, please I want to watch it so I did.

Tell me what you thought if you get around it...

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I remember seeing Schindler's List at the cinema. My girlfriend and I were spied making out, which caused an uproar amongst the New York Jewish community. My parents even heard about it all the way down at Del Boca Vista in Florida.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I remember seeing Schindler's List at the cinema. My girlfriend and I were spied making out, which caused an uproar amongst the New York Jewish community. My parents even heard about it all the way down at Del Boca Vista in Florida.

Spoo...sorry Jerry.

You're a bad man, a very very very bad man !!!

:))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Is that you Seinfeld???