Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Dark Water with Mark Ruffalo. Another true story about a lawyer who takes on big business (DuPont) who have been poisoning a water supply causing death and cancer etc.

Very good.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched 'The Dig' on Netflix lastnight. .. might be a bit slow paced for some but I found the subject fascinating. .. (had me googling archeological stuff at all hours!) Based on a 1939 dig in Britain with a bit of mayo on it no doubt.
Just thought I'd share the following link for anyone interested. ...

***Spoiler Alert*** Don't read it if you intend to watch the movie!

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watched the disaster film Greenland on Amazon Prime.
Decent apocalyptic popcorn movie that had good special effects & at times genuine drama.
Worth watching if you're after a bit of light B grade entertainment.

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I watched One Night In Miami on Amazon Prime last night. Based on the play based on the true story of friends Jim Brown, Malcolm X and Sam Cooke celebrating with Cassius Clay the night he won the world championship from Sonny Liston. The acting is a bit wooden to begin with but warms up as passions rise. A real slice of history, four young black legends-to-be, their passions and politics in the one place in that tumultuous time. Coincidentally, today is Jim Brown's 85th birthday.

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Went to the actual movie theatre for the first time in over a year. Place was packed relative to COVID restrictions

Saw The Dry with Eric Bana. Good entertainment. Not going to win awards for top quality acting nor script but it was well worth the effort.

Pouring rain as we went in.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
Welcome to Chechnya is a great doco, if not only for its valid use of deep fake tech.

Also loved Collective, Crip Camp and The Mole Hunter.

Docos, again, better than any nearly all dramatic film this season.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I saw High Ground a week or so ago. It’s a movie produced by and starring SImon Baker of The Mentalist fame.
Very good movie and extremely thought provoking about the clash of the western and indigenous cultures about 100 years ago in outback Australia.
Some great performances from Simon Baker himself as well as Jack Thompson and a number of little known indigenous actors. Much of the movie was using a local indigenous language with sub titles.
I really liked the movie but I suspect some may not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched an Australian movie called 2067, a sci-fi time travel movie. Just came across as cheap, then boring. Can't recommend.

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Coming 2 America is fun. Great to see Eddie Murphy in fine form (and looking barely 49, much less 59), bringing back all his and Arsenio's characters from the original, even the old Jewish bloke from the barber shop who should be at least 100 by now.

Wesley Snipes has a blast in his role, and there are cameos from James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman in what in essence is a celebration of African America. An easy-to-swallow, light-hearted tonic evoking simpler times.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Coming 2 America is fun. Great to see Eddie Murphy in fine form (and looking barely 49, much less 59), bringing back all his and Arsenio's characters from the original, even the old Jewish bloke from the barber shop who should be at least 100 by now.
I couldn't even watch it for 10 minutes. Just made me feel old & the whole thing felt tired & cheap.
The first film whilst funny in parts honestly wasn't deserving of a sequel IMO.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Spanish film 'Marshland' . Detectives in a great landscape. sbs on demand.