Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In Australia when I was a kid I think my first taste of Halloween was when I saw it in the movie ET. It just wasn't part of our culture at all.
I remember thinking how cool is that they get to dress up as what they want & get lollies. I'm pretty happy for kids to enjoy it here now.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Alien and Poltergeist were bloody quality. Just watched that Get Out a couple of weeks ago n thought it was fairly ordinary, then watched Us n it's even worse. Not sure I'll bother with the third effort.
Get Out in my top 10 ever favourites. Brilliant.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Every Stone Cold match at Wrestlemania. Masterpieces.

The Fast and Furious series is a tremendous nonsense series. Walking Tall is a gem.

He's Sly Stallone & Arnie for this generation. Not everything has to be highbrow.
He's certainly not Sly, who wrote Rocky. None of his movies are in the same league as a lot of Arnie's stuff but I guess that's not entirely his fault.

And I never said everything had to be highbrow. I like plenty of stuff that isn't. You're entitled to like what you like, just as I'm entitled to think wrestling is for 13-year-olds and Trump voters who live in trailers and name their daughters after American states.

• Haha

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Would reply but I‘m off to see a silent French Vietnamese black and white interpretation of the 1952 Casque d'Or in a rainforest cinema. Might be a bit late as I have to insert pole into orifices as a condition of entry.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Would reply but I‘m off to see a silent French Vietnamese black and white interpretation of the 1952 Casque d'Or in a rainforest cinema. Might be a bit late as I have to insert pole into orifices as a condition of entry.
I've seen that one. Well worth the price of admission.
Even if you walk a bit ginger for a few days after.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Take your pick

Would have Silence of the Lambs and Jaws much higher.

Good to see Hereditary in the top 10.

Just on the movie Halloween, I found an old VHS copy for $1 at a fete a few years ago in good condition. Bargain for a rare collectors item.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Spoiler Alert

Maybe an unpopular opinion but much as I love Scorcese I was bored witless by The Irishman.
I tried to watch this last night. Fell asleep after an hour was bored witless by then. Awful contrived nonsense. How did it get nominated for anything?

• Sad

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, The Irishman was way too long and far too boring.

Watched Amsterdam on the weekend. Stellar cast, okay movie. 3/5 stars for the film, 4/5 for Christian Bale, 6/5 for Margot Robbie's sideboob.

Miss Sloane, with Jessica Chastain, about a dodgy lobbyist. 3.5 stars.

Starting watching Dune last night but was too tired so only got half an hour in. Will finish tonight.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Dune feels like the setup movie to a six or seven parter. Has plenty of promise.

I watched ‘I care a lot’ a few months ago and found it fun / a little dark.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched the Weird Al biopic parody (think Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox story) and I found it very funny as I'm a big Weird Al fan.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Watched the Weird Al biopic parody (think Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox story) and I found it very funny as I'm a big Weird Al fan.
Man I laughed when Weird Al called it Daniel Radcliffe's defining role. Gold

Love Weird Al. Sadly I have no idea on earth how, what or where the Roku channel is!