Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Finally watched The Batman. I really enjoyed it. Dark, sure. Proper gothic aesthetic, nailed. Brutal. Makes Nolan's Batman look almost camp.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks for the confirmation Tim. You took one for the team
Doesn't he always. Fair dinkum, why would you even bother, tim? Did the other wogboy stuff not suck enough for you? Did you need to wring whatever last drops remained from that dried-out one-note 35-year-old joke? We get it Nick Giannopolous, you're a wog. You had one idea and you need cocaine money. I guess you bought him a line, tim.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Doesn't he always. Fair dinkum, why would you even bother, tim? Did the other wogboy stuff not suck enough for you? Did you need to wring whatever last drops remained from that dried-out one-note 35-year-old joke? We get it Nick Giannopolous, you're a wog. You had one idea and you need cocaine money. I guess you bought him a line, tim.
Sorry! Please, do enlighten us with your latest Truffaut or Kurosawa review for us AB.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry! Please, do enlighten us with your latest Truffaut or Kurosawa review for us AB.
It's just that every movie review of yours goes "I watched this piece of *smile* that was obviously going to be a piece of *smile* and it turned out to be a piece of *smile*."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It's just that every movie review of yours goes "I watched this piece of *smile* that was obviously going to be a piece of *smile* and it turned out to be a piece of *smile*."
I would like someone to review the anaconda trilogy for us. Maybe lobby for a fourth one.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
For the fans or people keen to see it, Avatar 2 tickets have dropped this morning :eyes
Been on the IMAX website and at least a 5 minute wait time for tickets Wednesday 14 to the 21st December, further dates probably released later.
Don't know Village and others if dates go further than the 21st but my son's booked for us on the Wednesday 14th at Robina, Gold Coast :cool:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I would like someone to review the anaconda trilogy for us. Maybe lobby for a fourth one.
"You know, Big Momma's House sucked. Martin Lawrence in a dress. Wow. Groundbreaking. Big Momma's House 2 was even worse, and after I watched Big Momma's House 3 I questioned why I keep watching this crap. So, yeah, about to watch Big Momma's House 4, will let you know how it goes."

(I'm just teasing ya, timmy. Why don't you know more about movies?!)

• Haha

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
"You know, Big Momma's House sucked. Martin Lawrence in a dress. Wow. Groundbreaking. Big Momma's House 2 was even worse, and after I watched Big Momma's House 3 I questioned why I keep watching this crap. So, yeah, about to watch Big Momma's House 4, will let you know how it goes."

(I'm just teasing ya, timmy. Why don't you know more about movies?!)
For your information I have the BMH collection on Blu Ray, the Gold Class edition!

• Haha

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Not until we get a PRE review of this

I was only listening to a podcast yesterday where they were taking the pith about Seagal being lazy and doing a fight scene sitting down but I had no idea what they were referring to. Now I do.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I was only listening to a podcast yesterday where they were taking the pith about Seagal being lazy and doing a fight scene sitting down but I had no idea what they were referring to. Now I do.

My favorite part is where Seagal (a Yale professor of archaeology) takes the female cop on a date to his wife's funeral.

Which is the most Seagal thing ever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched Spirited on Apple, another take on Dickens A Christmas Carol with Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds with them not breaking their usual type. This version was a musical with the songs very much in the "Disney musical" variety. Pleasant enough

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Glass Onion - Knives Out II - saw it at lunchtime Friday, thought it was a pretty good movie, it's not the first one but was an enjoyable film trying to work out who done it. No need to see it at the cinema like us, I believe it's one week at the cinema before going to Netflix next week.

The Menu - saw that Friday night - was a really interesting movie, From an ageing memory, it kind of reminded me of The Cook, The Wife, The Thief and Her Lover from 1989 era with Helen Mirren though I might be totally wrong if I re-watch that old movie again :LOL:

Ralph Fiennes was brilliant, Anya Taylor-Joy I thought it was her best role, all the actors played their part too. Loved the dark comedy and satire of the script.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Saw Guillermo Del Toro's 'Pinocchio' today. Much much better than the Tom Hanks one earlier this year, Del Toro can definitely make some dark but beautifully made films, think Pans Labyrinth. Similar in a way probably not for the younger viewing audience, I'd suggest high school/teenager's up as it's based more on death and the meaning of life than the Disney film version. It'd be it or Turning Red the leading contenders for Best Animation Oscar in a couple of months time.