Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Grumpy old man alert:

All films are too long these days. Occasionally there'll be an exception, a film is so good it flies by, but in the vast majority of cases anything over 100 minutes could be 15-30 minutes shorter. Back in the day, virtually all films were 90-100 minutes except the occasional epic blockbuster, and everyone would go 'wow the Godfather is 2 hours!!!'.

Its OK for home viewing, I like watching a long film over 2 nights, but its literally a pain in the arse sitting down for 2.5-3 hours.

But, Hollywood market researches the *smile* out of everything, so it must be what most people want.

Reactions: 1 users
Grumpy old man alert:

All films are too long these days. Occasionally there'll be an exception, a film is so good it flies by, but in the vast majority of cases anything over 100 minutes could be 15-30 minutes shorter. Back in the day, virtually all films were 90-100 minutes except the occasional epic blockbuster, and everyone would go 'wow the Godfather is 2 hours!!!'.

Its OK for home viewing, I like watching a long film over 2 nights, but its literally a pain in the arse sitting down for 2.5-3 hours.

But, Hollywood market researches the *smile* out of everything, so it must be what most people want.
It’s a great point. Compare Oppenheimer with a mini series like HBO’s Chernobyl & I’ll take Chernobyl every time.
3 hours long?? I was definitely struggling with it.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s a great point. Compare Oppenheimer with a mini series like HBO’s Chernobyl & I’ll take Chernobyl every time.
Even when I see a film I like I often think they could have lopped off 15-20 minutes.

2 hours used to be rare, now its normal.

Haven't seen Oppy, and will do when I can at home. Chernobyl is up there with the best things I've ever seen, film, TV, miniseries, whatever. Just the best.

My friends 12 yo daughter asked me if I was going to see Barbie. 'nuh' I said. But its for people who love Barbie and hate Barbie. She said, quoting the marketting. But I don't care either way, I said. Oh, she said, what if it had Dusty in it? She said.

• Haha
Haven't seen Oppy, and will do when I can at home. Chernobyl is up there with the best things I've ever seen, film, TV, miniseries, whatever. Just the best.
Agree on Chernobyl; absolutely brilliant. Interesting viewing for those of us who grew up in 70s and 80s and remember the Cold War. I remember the Chernobyl disaster quite vividly.

Reactions: 3 users
Just watched Still.

Sad and uplifting at the same time.

Plus you get to see him hit Biff again.

Was very well done IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
You and me both Waiting. The editing and score gave the movie a rhythm that sucked me in for its entire length.

I still haven't seen it so you could be right.

I'll go and watch it next week, make up my mind and only then come back here and complain about it

• Haha
“Tar“ with our Cate. What a giant *smile* of a movie. The most boring pretentious load of pointless crap I’ve seen since…I can’t remember. It’s not until the 2 hr mark of a 2hr 40 minute movie does the allegation against her come. In the meantime we’ve been subjected to endless pointless scenes, a lot of classical music garb. Just avoid it.

Ok.

I went and saw a movie on Monday. Today it is Friday ( of course ) on the recommendation of my cousin.

He told me. Only see it if you can stomach the theme of the movie, images, content matter etc.

The reason why I said that today it is Friday, is because, 5 days later I’m still deeply affected by it.

Now I seen Jim Caviezel is two previous movies which had an affect on me , especially Passion of the Christ.

Jim stars in this movie and portrays the character which the movie is based on ( true story ).

The movie is called Sound Of Freedom.

• Synopsis
  • Details
Based on the incredible true story, SOUND OF FREEDOM shines a light on even the darkest of places. After rescuing a young boy from ruthless child traffickers, a federal agent learns the boy’s sister is still captive and decides to embark on a dangerous mission to save her. With time running out, he quits his job and journeys deep into the Colombian jungle, putting his life on the line to free her from a fate worse than death.

• Synopsis
  • Details
DirectorAlejandro MonteverdeCastMira
Sorvino, Eduardo Verástegui, Jim Caviezel, Bill Camp, Kurt Fuller, Gerardo TaracenaGenreAction, Drama, ThrillerRatingM (Themes of child sexual abuse)Release Date24 August 2023Runtime131 min

Ok.

I went and saw a movie on Monday. Today it is Friday ( of course ) on the recommendation of my cousin.

He told me. Only see it if you can stomach the theme of the movie, images, content matter etc.

The reason why I said that today it is Friday, is because, 5 days later I’m still deeply affected by it.

Now I seen Jim Caviezel is two previous movies which had an affect on me , especially Passion of the Christ.

Jim stars in this movie and portrays the character which the movie is based on ( true story ).

The movie is called Sound Of Freedom.

• Synopsis
  • Details
Based on the incredible true story, SOUND OF FREEDOM shines a light on even the darkest of places. After rescuing a young boy from ruthless child traffickers, a federal agent learns the boy’s sister is still captive and decides to embark on a dangerous mission to save her. With time running out, he quits his job and journeys deep into the Colombian jungle, putting his life on the line to free her from a fate worse than death.

• Synopsis
  • Details
DirectorAlejandro MonteverdeCastMira
Sorvino, Eduardo Verástegui, Jim Caviezel, Bill Camp, Kurt Fuller, Gerardo TaracenaGenreAction, Drama, ThrillerRatingM (Themes of child sexual abuse)Release Date24 August 2023Runtime131 min

the guy that that movie is based on is full of *smile*. There are countless websites debunking his claims and stories.

• Sad
the guy that that movie is based on is full of *smile*. There are countless websites debunking his claims and stories.
Jb why you had to tell me this?

I’ve seen a trailer before the movie was released with him & Jim Caviezel .

Jim Caviezel seems to be a genuine, thoughtful, seemingly spiritual person.

Tim I wasn’t sure of but it saddens me you write that as to the affect the movie has had on me this past week.

Jb why you had to tell me this?

I’ve seen a trailer before the movie was released with him & Jim Caviezel .

Jim Caviezel seems to be a genuine, thoughtful, seemingly spiritual person.

Tim I wasn’t sure of but it saddens me you write that as to the affect the movie has had on me this past week.
Jim Caviezel is a borderline QAnon nutbag

• Wow