Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

So if what so many of you have posted that I feel a bit ‘stooges’ in my thinking.

The movie is not based on real events, that sex trafficking and sex trade isn’t big business Jim Caviezel and others are part of what Trump labelled ‘fake news”?

So is Keanu Reeves and Denzel Washington part of QAnon?

If there was ever a ‘nutter’, ‘a conspirator’ of ‘fake news’ , it would have to be numero uno, a one …

Donald Trump

Jb why you had to tell me this?

I’ve seen a trailer before the movie was released with him & Jim Caviezel .

Jim Caviezel seems to be a genuine, thoughtful, seemingly spiritual person.

Tim I wasn’t sure of but it saddens me you write that as to the affect the movie has had on me this past week.

this movie has been astroturfed the *smile* by the Qanon community who see it as validation of their bizarre "all Democrats are part of a global pedophile ring that only Donald Trump can save us from".

Caviezel has previously denied having ties to QAnon but has repeated several of its talking points on conservative talk shows and at QAnon-organised events, including that he believes in “andrenochroming”, a QAnon term for the falsehood that traffickers torture children and drain their blood to harvest an elixir of youth.

At a 2021 QAnon-affiliated event in Oklahoma, Caviezel claimed Ballard had wanted to attend with him but “he’s down there saving children as we speak, because they’re pulling kids out of the darkest recesses of hell right now, in … all kinds of places, the adrenochroming of children … If a child knows he’s going to die, his body will secrete this adrenaline. These people that do it, there’ll be no mercy for them.”

The concept of "adrenochrome" as a power/elite drug is thought to have originated from one of my favourite films/books, Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Still, if you enjoyed the film no worries Waiting.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
this movie has been astroturfed the *smile* by the Qanon community who see it as validation of their bizarre "all Democrats are part of a global pedophile ring that only Donald Trump can save us from".

The concept of "adrenochrome" as a power/elite drug is thought to have originated from one of my favourite films/books, Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Still, if you enjoyed the film no worries Waiting.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that ‘sex trafficking’ of the worse kind, children, is a ‘real’, global problem.

Whether the film is a ‘fabrication’ or one of favourite current actors is ‘ not all there’ is another debate.

I’ve seen things , especially in Thailand , where I’ve gone and trained in Muay Thai since the mid 90’s , that my ‘eyes’ don’t deceive me.

If we are talking about ‘THAT trade” , it is real and worsening.

Will leave it at that.

This Aanon’ thing , well.

Waiting’s view
———————-

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ant things are getting more ‘buzz are’ and ‘confusing’ me.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that ‘sex trafficking’ of the worse kind, children, is a ‘real’, global problem.

Whether the film is a ‘fabrication’ or one of favourite current actors is ‘ not all there’ is another debate.

I’ve seen things , especially in Thailand , where I’ve gone and trained in Muay Thai since the mid 90’s , that my ‘eyes’ don’t deceive me.

If we are talking about ‘THAT trade” , it is real and worsening.

Will leave it at that.

This Aanon’ thing , well.

Waiting’s view
———————-

I understand what your saying and agree basically - my post re withdrawing my like was a bit tongue in cheek, but Qanon and their thinking does scare me tbh.

Speaking of Jim Cavaziel he and Mel Gibson are reuniting to make a sequel to Passion of the Christ. I thought it was puss take when I first read it but it seems true. It gunna focus on the 3 days between the crucifixion and the resurrection .

Speaking of Jim Cavaziel he and Mel Gibson are reuniting to make a sequel to Passion of the Christ. I thought it was puss take when I first read it but it seems true. It gunna focus on the 3 days between the crucifixion and the resurrection .
It'll be dark.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Passion Of The Christ 2 Release Date PredictionThe Passion of the Christ: Resurrection is due to start production in spring 2023, but no firm release date has been locked in. Still, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Gibson aim for Easter 2024, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first film's release.

Attachments

• C0509785-AB7E-4058-972B-E79666FA9DA6.jpeg
    C0509785-AB7E-4058-972B-E79666FA9DA6.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 0
Went and saw the Equalizer 3 Friday.

• Synopsis
  • Details
Since giving up his life as a government assassin, Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) has struggled to reconcile the horrific things he’s done in the past and finds a strange solace in serving justice on behalf of the oppressed. Finding himself surprisingly at home in Southern Italy, he discovers his new friends are under the control of local crime bosses. As events turn deadly, McCall knows what he has to do: become his friends’ protector by taking on the mafia.

Attachments

• 176CE827-2B23-40C3-B4AB-16C72E912B3B.jpeg
    176CE827-2B23-40C3-B4AB-16C72E912B3B.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 0
And took my wife to see Again…

Sound of Freedom.

She said to me” why did you take me to see this movie.

She told me of a story in her village of a little girl, who some people in a van, pulled up and took.

She was never seen again.

Waiting has issues hey?
/————————————

Just because we think Jim Caviezel is out to lunch and the film is pro-MAGA/Qanon propaganda doesn't mean we think child-trafficking isn't a thing.

Just because we think Jim Caviezel is out to lunch and the film is pro-MAGA/Qanon propaganda doesn't mean we think child-trafficking isn't a thing.
For a moment that’s what ‘ I felt’.

That it wasn’t a ‘real and worsening’ problem.

^^ I have many passions in life, things that mean a lot to me, things that I feel strongly about….

Doesn’t make me a ‘nutcase’. Just passionate!

That’s how I see it!

Last edited:
1693984990912.png

dunno how to post the specific link but this podcast does a pretty good job of debunking the film and clarifying that the whole human trafficking issue is really just a moral panic.

Took the better half to a great Korean film last week called Past Lives.
Warning it was a slow burn, romance film but had a lot of emotion past the usual Hollywood fare. I actually enjoyed it.
Good story helps.
Think I've got a thing for Korean movies now.