Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I liked EEAAO. Wasn't sure at first like others here but I think the film gets better so am glad I stuck with it. Relatively simple story but was a great visual trip.

All the Oscar Awards though were over the top.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I haven’t watched it. I don’t watch any movie that:

1) Has CGI
2) Is some silly, make believe below earth dragons and beasts thing or some alien zombie crap or childish sci fi futuristic fantasy rubbish
3) Is animated or
4) Has Cher in it.

Can somebody please advise me if this film has any of the above so that I don’t waste my time.

Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

1) Has CGI
2) Is some silly, make believe below earth dragons and beasts thing or some alien zombie crap or childish sci fi futuristic fantasy rubbish
3) Is animated or
4) Has Cher in it.

Can somebody please advise me if this film has any of the above so that I don’t waste my time.

Thank you.
You forgot to add 5) Newer than 1973.:LOL:

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I caught an oldie recently - Running On Empty. 1988 film starring River Phoenix (what a talent, what a loss), Judd Hirsch, Martha Plimpton and Christine Lahti. Hirsch and Lahti play ex-hippy activists on the run for 20 years after bombing a napalm lab, Phoenix is their talented musician son who has to keep changing schools and names, and Plimpton is his love interest and the daughter of the music teacher who wants him to go to Juliard. Very good.
Yep. Good film. Sad about River. Just watched Boys from Brazil the other day. Bit silly but great cast.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched Primal Fear again over the weekend. Edward Norton with one of the greatest debuts ever IMO.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Watched a couple of Netflix numbers lately, Hillbilly Elergy was a typically solid Ron Howard offering and Paradise Highway a hard watch due to the confronting subject matter (child trafficking).

Both worth a look.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne

1) Has CGI
3) Is animated or
4) Has Cher in it.

Thank you.
Are you saying you've never watched one of The Simpsons movies? Totally agree with the other 3, but I'd add a forth. A movie with Steve Carell doing comedy. I think he's awesome as a straight actor, but sucks as a comic. He's very polarizing

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
And the no animated rule means no Toy Story. Criminal. And no Up. Another classic.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Are you saying you've never watched one of The Simpsons movies? Totally agree with the other 3, but I'd add a forth. A movie with Steve Carell doing comedy. I think he's awesome as a straight actor, but sucks as a comic. He's very polarizing
Nope.