MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I still think it's more a sHocking emotional irrational overreaction than Christian

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
That was a joke. Neale shoved him for no reason with 2 hands into the chest. Butler, having taken the mark about 5 seconds earlier, was not expecting that, was quite reasonable that he lost his balance. The worst was Ling and then McAvamey having a go at Butler for 5 minutes and not one criticism of Neale’s undisiciplined weird action. I purposely went to the replay to watch this one after hearing about it. Should have been 50 for aure, could not believe Ling. Was a bit like them not mentioning Bellchambers but actually worse.
My thought exactly. Butler had even taken about 1.5 steps back clear of Neale who had no right whatsoever to do that. However, thought the umpire didn't allow it be overblown. Still, right was on Butler's side, Ling and McAvamey absurd commentary. Good on Butts; goaled anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Cornes was very strong that it cost Easendon the game - 2 goal loss and they were robbed of 2 goals. It is a FACT he said. What a child-like argument..
Does he not realise that if the Grimes free wasn’t paid, every action changes and the Vlaustin incident does not even happen? We likely convert better and win by 8 goals..!
What a nuffy
I think that's going way over Kane's head. Stop being so intellectual for him.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Anyone getting the drift here fox = Eddie + Murdoch = sensationionalism over truth = the same way they report everything. Have a think about it all you preers who gobble up every piece of *smile* they peddle on politics and race.

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I still think it's more a sHocking emotional irrational overreaction than Christian
We'll never know but I suspect so, too.

Chriso seems like a really decent fellow. I actually reckon he's one of the good guys. I don't have the sense he's driven by agendas. Much like the umpires being directed to interpret rules in varying ways across the course of a season, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the occasional memo from AFL HQ telling him how to adjudicate certain incidents.

Without doubt, the match review system is a shambles.

You can't have supporters saying Lynch's report is a joke while seeing Fyfe's "drive by" of Mills go unquestioned. These kinds of actions compromise our faith in the system. Can anyone tell us what constitutes a "dangerous tackle" anymore?

It's been speculated that Hocking was incensed by, in particular, the Grimes matter.

If he's let his emotions get the better of him and directed Chriso to fine Grimes without a rational basis, it's no wonder poor decisions occur.

One hopes the independent tribunal has sent a message to Docklands to apply the rules and avoid subjective judgements.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Very sad to see that the Chief let me down by responding in the media to all this, I'm batting zero and three at the moment

• Haha

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Tom Morris et al will be crying all day about the last 48 hours (he has fast become my most despised AFL journo). "Senior Fox Footy Reporter". Nothing more than tabloid nonsense reporting.
Its footy media half-wits like Morris that set themselves up as judge and jury on "incidents", sometimes before the game is even over, that is doing my head in.
In the past week the footy media bullying and Tiger pile-on has been ridiculous.
Even had Robbo calling Lynch a douche-bag ffs!
In Robbo you could not find a bigger douche-bag if you tried and for some unfathomable reason he is actually employed by the Sun and Fox Footy, despite a 100% record of never adding value EVER.
These actually are unprecedented times.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Very sad to see that the Chief let me down by responding in the media to all this, I'm batting zero and three at the moment

And the chief did a brilliant job.

About time our coach and CEO came out swinging.

Very proud of both of them.

Reactions: 8 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Have you noticed I have been going very easy on you, but you've been hard to miss! If you were a zebra atm, you'd be the one with the bleeding neck and dragging one hoof as the lion pride start to feel peckish.

I was a touch surprised that Benny came out, and so strongly yesterday. But delighted. He is always tactful but clear and firm. Once it resorted to death threats, I believe he'd had quite enough, along with the media vilification of Lynch especially - ‘Like he’s Ivan Milat’
But listening at the time (I actually never listen to 3AW - just caught it while changing radio stations) I was surprised how he went further on Grimes and Vlastuin. I thought he'd back off on trhe MRO. He was per usual discreet, but really affirmed we backed our players for not staging.

Really strong and truly a 'line in the sand' moment for RFC. Maybe we aren't going to take it any more.

I think the message is to back your players and team as a starting point. This current team and club management have proven well worthy of our faith and trust.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Anyone getting the drift here fox = Eddie + Murdoch = sensationionalism over truth = the same way they report everything. Have a think about it all you preers who gobble up every piece of *smile* they peddle on politics and race.
Well said. Fox/Murdoch are major Trump backers who operate by his adage - any publicity is good publicity (because I will fool enough fools to come out ahead and get what I want generally).
They should read the great article on Robbie Muir from the ABC journalist posted on it's own thread here. Or a least the segment re Eddie, Sam Newman and how the Footy Show set up and exploited him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Have you noticed I have been going very easy on you, but you've been hard to miss! If you were a zebra atm, you'd be the one with the bleeding neck and dragging one hoof as the lion pride start to feel peckish.

go as hard as you want, it's only a football forum. I really don't mind if people disagree or want to score points, go for it.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
go as hard as you want, it's only a football forum. I really don't mind if people disagree or want to score points, go for it.
But I didn't seek to score points. Do you need me to attach a smiley to tell that I'm joking there? My key point is at the end.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Could it be that Richmond are facing a relentless Media crusade linked to us being upset at a certain reporter who leaked a story that was meant to have been kept in house???

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
So happy these charges were thrown out. An absolute joke all three of them of them; considering what goes on at every game and no other charges for staging get laid; or for pushing an opponent in the chest.

This was trial by media at its worst and a manifestation of the media driven agenda against Richmond. It's not all media but a substantial portion of it. The Channel 7 commentators (Darcy, Brayshaw especially) during the game were scathing of the supposed actions of both our players. The Fox commentators (Lewis, Ralph, Morris etc) after the game were just as bad. Not too mention Kane Cornes etc. Witch hunt and hatchet job in the extreme. The independent AFL tribunal has seen fit to rectify the situation and all credit to them. Those commentators should hang their heads in shame.

I'd love someone to publicly question them all about it now that our players have been cleared; just to see them squirm.
I am not sure about Saturday night, but Sunday morning Kane Cornes 100% defended Tom Lynch.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This was a witch hunt from the start.
When 2 guys from the same club are highlighted while the 20 others that commited the same offence over the last month have gone without any publicly.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I am not sure about Saturday night, but Sunday morning Kane Cornes 100% defended Tom Lynch.
Yeah he did defend Lynch. But he also potted Grimes and Vlastuin and said those incidents/decisions had cost Essendon the game :rolleyes:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
But I didn't seek to score points. Do you need me to attach a smiley to tell that I'm joking there? My key point is at the end.

Probably needed the smiley, internets is a hard place to judge humour sometimes. Carry on Leon!

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Wonder if we'll ever know why the Tribunal dismissed the staging charges and fines for Flossy and Dylan? On 360 tonight there was no clear reason apart from "a free kick was paid". Dylan was pushed in the back...ok, but Flossy took the mark, so is the free kick just ignored?