MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Both Grimes and Vlastuin should be contesting their staging fines.
Nothing in either of them, what an absolute joke.
Continues the trend of AFL doing their best to bend Richmond over as with general umpiring.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cornes was very strong that it cost Easendon the game - 2 goal loss and they were robbed of 2 goals. It is a FACT he said. What a child-like argument..
Does he not realise that if the Grimes free wasn’t paid, every action changes and the Vlaustin incident does not even happen? We likely convert better and win by 8 goals..!
What a nuffy
Does he also not realise if they lost by 2 goals but were robbed of 2 goals it’d be a draw?

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
This is why I really hated these charges.....

I watch virtually every game, every round, and there are numerous occasions where umpires motion to blokes and also if you hear them they'll often say ..... "C'mon, Get Up"!

For instance, when Butler was pushed after marking by Neal.... it was either 50 or staging and since he didn't get 50, he too should have been sighted using the Christian/Hocking rule.

If they go hard on everyone, soon, only complete knuckleheads will get rolled!

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Wow, big result. Thought Vlas had a good chance, Grimes none.

Well done, I was wrong.

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
This is why I really hated these charges.....

I watch virtually every game, every round, and there are numerous occasions where umpires motion to blokes and also if you hear them they'll often say ..... "C'mon, Get Up"!

For instance, when Butler was pushed after marking by Neal.... it was either 50 or staging and since he didn't get 50, he too should have been sighted using the Christian/Hocking rule.

If they go hard on everyone, soon, only complete knuckleheads will get rolled!
That was a joke. Neale shoved him for no reason with 2 hands into the chest. Butler, having taken the mark about 5 seconds earlier, was not expecting that, was quite reasonable that he lost his balance. The worst was Ling and then McAvamey having a go at Butler for 5 minutes and not one criticism of Neale’s undisiciplined weird action. I purposely went to the replay to watch this one after hearing about it. Should have been 50 for aure, could not believe Ling. Was a bit like them not mentioning Bellchambers but actually worse.

Reactions: 5 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Obviously pleased with the outcome but more so that the club saw fit to challenge.

The players need to know the club has their backs.

Contrary to some commentary along the lines of, "the fines are so small it's not worth fighting for, best not to draw further attention to the matter," there was a principle at stake.

The outcome takes the wind from the sails of disaffected supporters, the odd stilted media-type and the game's officials with regard to player/club pile-ons.

The bigger picture here is be slow to judge and be measured in your response. P Dangerfield was very sensible in his comments yesterday and the broader AFL community would do well to pay heed.

Media harassment, knee-jerk decision-making and pumped-up over-reactions serve nobody's interests.

Reactions: 11 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That was a joke. Neale shoved him for no reason with 2 hands into the chest. Butler, having taken the mark about 5 seconds earlier, was not expecting that, was quite reasonable that he lost his balance. The worst was Ling and then McAvamey having a go at Butler for 5 minutes and not one criticism of Neale’s undisiciplined weird action. I purposely went to the replay to watch this one after hearing about it. Should have been 50 for aure, could not believe Ling. Was a bit like them not mentioning Bellchambers but actually worse.

If Neale shoved him after the mark is completed, it is 50 whether the player who marked the ball puts some Mayo on it or not.

There is a simple solution: don't push (or hit) a player after they have completed their mark.

DS

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Wow, big result. Thought Vlas had a good chance, Grimes none.

Well done, I was wrong.
The Big Richo might need to re-evaluate his outlandish theorising on the Vlastuin incident. I guess he would be "less certain" about it now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got to laugh at the AFL, completly ballsed this up.
They even came out and admitted the umpires got it wrong.
How cluess are these idiots running the game?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Shocking and his MRO has just demonstrated to be incompetent. How the hell Lynch went up and Grimes and Vlaustin staging was not investigated properly is a farce.

Gill the dill needs to get in his car again today find some wifi and give both a FaceTime call to let them know their time is up

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Shocked too at the time merveille that wasn’t a 50.
Should have been.
Butler marked it.
No need by Neale to ‘use both his hands’ to shove him in the chest AND not fall down.
Disappointed in the commentary.
I would like to see them hold their balance when you are not expecting contact and not ‘flinch’ or ‘lose your balance’.

But because it was Neale ‘a good guy’ nothing to see. Betcha if Dusty had done it, 50 and they would have called it an undisciplined act’.

Be fair.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Christian is a bigger dead man walking than Sean Penn.

Would be staggered if he remained as MRO next season.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
So happy these charges were thrown out. An absolute joke all three of them of them; considering what goes on at every game and no other charges for staging get laid; or for pushing an opponent in the chest.

This was trial by media at its worst and a manifestation of the media driven agenda against Richmond. It's not all media but a substantial portion of it. The Channel 7 commentators (Darcy, Brayshaw especially) during the game were scathing of the supposed actions of both our players. The Fox commentators (Lewis, Ralph, Morris etc) after the game were just as bad. Not too mention Kane Cornes etc. Witch hunt and hatchet job in the extreme. The independent AFL tribunal has seen fit to rectify the situation and all credit to them. Those commentators should hang their heads in shame.

I'd love someone to publicly question them all about it now that our players have been cleared; just to see them squirm.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Christian is a bigger dead man walking than Sean Penn.

Would be staggered if he remained as MRO next season.
With the AFL cutting costs, you would think Christian's job would be looked at very closely.

They could save a lot of money by offering the job to zips on the minimum wage........he'd do a better job too :eyes

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If I got 5 out of 5 decisions wrong at work, I'd be on the dole.

Yep. Cant be that hard.

Christian will find himself in a slightly less cushy job on slightly less money if he doesnt lift.

#jointhedolequeuelikeeveryoneelseChristian

Reactions: 1 user