Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Handy ruck man at best. Plays the game in beast mode n terrorizes the *smile* out of opposition clubs. Nank Nank Nank, just love the way he plays old fashioned hard arse footy on everyone that aint wearing a Tigers jumper.

Best ruckman in the league IMO.

If I was the captain of a school yard game he'd be the first bloke I'd pick. (After Dusty).

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

If I was the captain of a school yard game he'd be the first bloke I'd pick. (After Dusty).
There's a few better ruck men than Nank. But I'm more than happy with the other attributes Nank brings to the game. Massive fan of his big nasty hard arse beast mode on opponents. Reminds me so much of some nasty old school Tigers of yesteryear.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Is he better then Nic Nat? One of the greatest ruckman to ever grace the game.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
You just know that if Nank the Tank was out with Riolli and Bolton, nobody would go near them.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He's not the biggest, super competitive, hurts the oppo midfielders with heavy tackles, good on the ground, good with his hands and feet, how many goal saving marks does he take every game? Also kicks a good goal from set shots.

His competitive nature makes him almost the best out there.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
When Nanks came off with a blood nose,
and the trainer handed him a towel to wipe his face, he threw it on the ground.
Think he actually enjoys the taste of it

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He's not the biggest, super competitive, hurts the oppo midfielders with heavy tackles, good on the ground, good with his hands and feet, how many goal saving marks does he take every game? Also kicks a good goal from set shots.

His competitive nature makes him almost the best out there.
Agree with all this. I do think cause Nank makes such a physical presence we forget about his smarts.

Positioning himself where the opponents want to kick it is one of his greatest strengths. Reads the game exceptionally well. And normally takes good options with ball in hand. Once its on the deck, he’s a truck. Reminds me of Matthew Kreuzer so much but doesn’t get the media love. From big Ivan to Toby we’ve had spiritual leaders in our rucks, always believe that your ruck sets the tone for your physicality, your competitiveness. Nank is that for us and then some.

Reactions: 6 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Is he better then Nic Nat? One of the greatest ruckman to ever grace the game.
Do you watch footy? Nic nat is the most overrated player in the game. Can’t pack mark, cant kick goals and for 95% of games runs behind the play with nfi what is going on. But i must admit, for those 5 minutes of a game when he is not a spud he is electric!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree with all this. I do think cause Nank makes such a physical presence we forget about his smarts.

Positioning himself where the opponents want to kick it is one of his greatest strengths. Reads the game exceptionally well. And normally takes good options with ball in hand. Once its on the deck, he’s a truck. Reminds me of Matthew Kreuzer so much but doesn’t get the media love. From big Ivan to Toby we’ve had spiritual leaders in our rucks, always believe that your ruck sets the tone for your physicality, your competitiveness. Nank is that for us and then some.
Yep. Nank is standing up brilliantly for us with the Cotchinator being out injured. sets a massive physical contest standard for us.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yeah Im a ruckophile too.

and Nank is taking the carnage to another level.

If he can string 4 games together in September,

I cant see any way we wont 3-peat.

we could play a combined Port-Melb-Footscray-Brisbane-Geelong side in a GF,

and win by 8 goals

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Noticed commentators singing his praises a fair bit this year. Dermie just loves him. They all respect him, as does every opposition player. I love the fact he doesn't resort to Mumford type sniping to garner his rep. It's old fashioned physicality in the contest, The ball is his first aim and if the oppo has it its the guy with the ball. He is proper tough like Marlion, not substance enhanced tough like mummy.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dimma might want consider bringing in a second ruck. Nank looked spent second half against Brisbane.
Hate to see him get injured