Neil Balme - Bring him back | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme - Bring him back

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
A pie with sauce floating in a bowl of boiled pea snot. Forty seven years after first seeing one, even the mere thought of consuming such a delicacy still gives me the horrors.
Apparently they are the admiration of the nation TM

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I am expecting Carro to ask the question of Balmey's tenure to Peggy O'Neal when she is a guest on 3AW today

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Why would he want to go and try to save another club at 68?

Because it is in his blood to do it. He reminds me of Tom Hafey. Guys who do what they do for the game because they love it, pure and simple. They don't care about money, or accolades or anything else. They do it because they want to.

I don't know Balme, but he reminds me of my father. Loves his job and the challenges it throws up. Balme might well be bored ar Richmond now.

And let's face it. There is no bigger challenge in footy right now than ressurecting the Crows.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I am expecting Carro to ask the question of Balmey's tenure to Peggy O'Neal when she is a guest on 3AW today

Nothing on Balmey, Matthew Lloyd and Tim Lane too fixated on inappropriate touching and our Covid breaches

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Because it is in his blood to do it. He reminds me of Tom Hafey. Guys who do what they do for the game because they love it, pure and simple. They don't care about money, or accolades or anything else. They do it because they want to.

I don't know Balme, but he reminds me of my father. Loves his job and the challenges it throws up. Balme might well be bored ar Richmond now.

And let's face it. There is no bigger challenge in footy right now than ressurecting the Crows.
Unusual to be taking on a job of this magnitude at 68 unless you’re a US president candidate

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Nothing on Balmey, Matthew Lloyd and Tim Lane to fixated on inappropriate touching and our Covid breaches
Bloody wackers why would you bother trying to derail a rare interview with that crap , no wonder they didn’t bother with a link to the website

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Used to coach Norwood, also married to an SA lady I think.
Crows are going hard for him.
Have heard plenty about him going to Crows.
Ricciuto alludded to "some excellent news in the off season" recently.

Talking to a mate this morning, nephew will be a coach at Adelaide this year, said it was nearly a done deal. Hope he is wrong and only bullshiting just to stir me up but sounded pretty confident. Don't shot the messenger!

Last edited:
  • Sad

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Apparently they are the admiration of the nation TM

I have consumed just one Floater.
I was inebriated at the time but even then I found the experience unrewarding and unsatisfying.
The Floater doesn't even come close to holding a candle to a souva or a kebab!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Talking a mate this morning, nephew will be a coach at Adelaide this year, said it was nearly a done deal. Hope he is wrong and only bullshiting just to stir me up but sounded pretty confident. Don't shot the messenger!

When I start to think about how *smile* up Victoria is due to those cabbages running the show, and how long it will be (if ever) until we get back to some sort of prosperity. ... I wouldn't blame him for thinking this'll be a great change.

Been giving a bit of thought to fleeing myself in the next few years... maybe somewhere more exotic than Adelaide tho:cool:

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
When I start to think about how *smile* up Victoria is due to those cabbages running the show, and how long it will be (if ever) until we get back to some sort of prosperity. ... I wouldn't blame him for thinking this'll be a great change.

Been giving a bit of thought to fleeing myself in the next few years... maybe somewhere more exotic than Adelaide tho:cool:

Funny you should say that , I’ve been eyeing off North Queensland,

If we are ever allowed out :)

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
We’ll accept tiger refugees in Darwin no worries. I’ll organise Joel Bowden to meet you all at the airport and allocate mangrove front condos to all. We’re living the dream up here.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I have consumed just one Floater.
I was inebriated at the time but even then I found the experience unrewarding and unsatisfying.
The Floater doesn't even come close to holding a candle to a souva or a kebab!
That's the point of a pie floater. You are supposed to be inebriated. South Australians only consume these when very drunk.

It is the greatest known hangover stopper.

That said, I love a good souvlaki. :cool:

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
That's the point of a pie floater. You are supposed to be inebriated. South Australians only consume these when very drunk.

It is the greatest known hangover stopper.

That said, I love a good souvlaki. :cool:

I found that one of the best hangover stoppers/reducers was a technicolour yodel down the porcelain portal