New second ruck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New second ruck

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Who can we grab between now and round 1 as a second ruck to Nank. Lycett as a FA? It’s getting late to treads for one. Maybe Freos Liam Reidy, did ok at WAFL level this year, he’s a Melbourne boy. Anyone else?

Miller. Coming into his 7th year and with 25 games under his belt, he has the development and the experience now to assume the coveted role of second ruck… in the VFL.

Seriously though, Ryan. Ranked elite across the entire comp for hitouts to advantage (38%) and can also play forward.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think Soldo was ever really a second ruck anyway. He was a first ruck. Miller, Kosi and Balta will continue to be our second ruck options. Can't go in with two dinosaurs anymore.

Question is whether we have enough Nank back up. If Nank goes down, can Samson carry the load? I think he can and can develop further. With Colina and the new basketballer as category B's, we can't rely on them at all.

Do we get an insurance premium like a Lycett or simply look to add an U18 ruck in the drafts? I am leaning toward the latter.

Reactions: 6 users
If Nank is out for 10+ games we'll struggle.
Lets get a mature ager

Reactions: 1 user
Tom Downie. Williamstown.
30yo. Peak ruck age
Ex GWS
203cm. 100kegs.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
Rucks are easy to get. I'm just hoping Ooze & co. train our mids to read off oppo rucks tap hits more.

Mate Colina could blossom.....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
We will need a third mature age ruck on the list in case Nank or Ryan go down.

Reactions: 1 users
If we don’t think Ryan will make it we had to offer Soldo a real contract. We didn’t.

RFC has taken a position in the market. We’ve rarely got this wrong.

Ryan has to get exposure next year. If he fails he goes back and gets promoted again when his form warrants. Even if it barely warrants.

If Nank gets injured Samson gets thrown in the deep end. Good. Let’s find out.

Reactions: 15 users
When pigs start flying?
Kids In The Hall Pig GIF by CBC

Just spotted one

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I'd go a state league ruck in the rookie draft.
Judging from Blair Hartleys interview thats what we will do.
Mature ruck in case Nank is injured /suspended longer than 4 weeks.

dont even need the rookie draft, some options are delisted FA so we can simply contract them
Eg Downie

Judging from Blair Hartleys interview thats what we will do.
Mature ruck in case Nank is injured /suspended longer than 4 weeks.

dont even need the rookie draft, some options are delisted FA so we can simply contract them
Eg Downie
Just needs to be a servicable/mature type. Even if Nank needs a rest they can come in & perform a role for us.

Just needs to be a servicable/mature type. Even if Nank needs a rest they can come in & perform a role for us.
It's time to put game time into Ryan. I wouldn't be wasting exposure on a stopgap unless Ryan is tired or injured. I'm pretty sure this is the club's position too, which is why Soldo was expendable.

Reactions: 5 users
Don’t discount this guy, reckon can be cult sensation and surprise.

1697664338133.png1697664338133.png

• Love
Reactions: 7 users