New second ruck | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New second ruck

I like this line of thought.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the #4 and #5 spots. I think we can only go with one Cat B type project in there. I'd rather see us bring in another young ruck prospect with a football background. But I think 6 would be too many, so one of the Cat B's makes way. And to me that is Mate. Been a keen observer from afar, but seen nothing to suggest he will make it.
Fully agree

Does not really matter one way or the other who is 2nd. ruck.
According to the all seeing all knowing Cornes we are in the bottom 6 in 2024.
So, who can ague against such a talented observer of all things Richmond?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I like this line of thought.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the #4 and #5 spots. I think we can only go with one Cat B type project in there. I'd rather see us bring in another young ruck prospect with a football background. But I think 6 would be too many, so one of the Cat B's makes way. And to me that is Mate. Been a keen observer from afar, but seen nothing to suggest he will make it.
Unless we are going to pick up 2 more Cat Bs I can't see why we would get rid of Colina. He won't be taking up anyone else's spot on the list and we know he never takes anyone's spot on the field.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless we are going to pick up 2 more Cat Bs I can't see why we would get rid of Colina. He won't be taking up anyone else's spot on the list and we know he never takes anyone's spot on the field.

Yeah, my bad. I mistakenly thought that you could only have a max of 6 rookies (Cat A or B) in total. But I just checked and it is actually up to 6 Cat A and up to 3 Cat B.

So yeah, no point moving him on unless we plan to replace him, and use the other Cat B spot for someone else.

Can use list the Inanimate Carbon Rod as a Cat B rookie?

Does not really matter one way or the other who is 2nd. ruck.
According to the all seeing all knowing Cornes we are in the bottom 6 in 2024.
So, who can ague against such a talented observer of all things Richmond?
Josh Jenkins was a bit more specific with a bottom finish. Somehow below west coast and the other team (north) who won just 3 games this season.

Former Swan ruck Naismith is the one
Good call TP.
Naismith and Downie fit the bill for ruck insurance. I think either would be ok.
Interesting that Swans chose Naismith over Nank. Lucky for us!

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 3 users
hes done it tough has Sam. give him a list-spot i say.
Yeah, worth a shot. I reckon that’s all you have to do for your second ruck, journeyman who can cover your no 1 ruck when he’s injured/rested or give him a chop out during a game when required. And when your journeyman is done after a season or 2 move on to the next one.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, worth a shot. I reckon that’s all you have to do for your second ruck, journeyman who can cover your no 1 ruck when he’s injured/rested or give him a chop out during a game when required. And when your journeyman is done after a season or 2 move on to the next one.
got a few taps and played 14 games in '23. https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Sam_Naismith
*didnt play against our VFL team in '23....

Reactions: 1 user
If we don’t think Ryan will make it we had to offer Soldo a real contract. We didn’t.

RFC has taken a position in the market. We’ve rarely got this wrong.

Ryan has to get exposure next year. If he fails he goes back and gets promoted again when his form warrants. Even if it barely warrants.

If Nank gets injured Samson gets thrown in the deep end. Good. Let’s find out.
Thoughts on Naismith @Dyer'ere ? Feels like we hedged on Ryan.

Reactions: 1 user
Thoughts on Naismith @Dyer'ere ? Feels like we hedged on Ryan.
With Nank and Soldo on the list this year we had 4 (5?) games where we had Ryan and Miller as our rucks.
If we dont recruit another ruck there is a good chance we go into multiple games with Miller/Balta/Kosi as our rucks.

I dont think recruiting a 3rd ruck means we dont back our 2nd ruck.

Reactions: 10 users