NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How’s the Boston Bruins. They sack their coach - Bruce Cassidy - who for the last few years, consistently took them to the playoffs only to be knocked out early each time. They appoint a new coach - Jim Montgomery - who gets them into the playoffs with an all time NHL regular season record …..only to be knocked out again in the first round of the playoffs by the Florida Panthers.

But Cassidy goes to the Vegas Knights, and goes all the way in his first year and wins the Stanley Cup over ….the Florida Panthers.

Hah hah hah. Now that’s revenge.

Well done Bruce. Well done indeed.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How’s the Boston Bruins. They sack their coach - Bruce Cassidy - who for the last few years, consistently took them to the playoffs only to be knocked out early each time. They appoint a new coach - Jim Montgomery - who gets them into the playoffs with an all time NHL regular season record …..only to be knocked out again in the first round of the playoffs by the Florida Panthers.

But Cassidy goes to the Vegas Knights, and goes all the way in his first year and wins the Stanley Cup over ….the Florida Panthers.

Hah hah hah. Now that’s revenge.

Well done Bruce. Well done indeed.
Geeez the Knights slaughtered the Panthers , geez it’s a great sport

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Watching 'Quarterback' on Netflix. It follows Mahones, Cousins and Mariotta through the 22-23 season.

Only up to episode 4 but its pretty interesting. These guys are professional professionals - chess players, memory experts, motivator/leaders, competitors and athletes. They obviously have crazy resources - but things like your own chef, own chiropractor etc. etc. is pretty eye opening. Very supportive partners.

Andy Reid telling Mahones 'nice job i couldn't have done it better myself' against the titans after he made some crazy running plays is pretty funny. Also Reid getting the player base to come up with some plays is inspired coaching IMO.

Netflix does these sport docos pretty well. Part drame, part insight and some pretty cool plays in depth.

Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Watching 'Quarterback' on Netflix. It follows Mahones, Cousins and Mariotta through the 22-23 season.

Only up to episode 4 but its pretty interesting. These guys are professional professionals - chess players, memory experts, motivator/leaders, competitors and athletes. They obviously have crazy resources - but things like your own chef, own chiropractor etc. etc. is pretty eye opening. Very supportive partners.

Andy Reid telling Mahones 'nice job i couldn't have done it better myself' against the titans after he made some crazy running plays is pretty funny. Also Reid getting the player base to come up with some plays is inspired coaching IMO.

Netflix does these sport docos pretty well. Part drame, part insight and some pretty cool plays in depth.

I'm really enjoying this, very good show.

Kirk Cousins comes across as a really good guy. I've somewhat changed my opinion of him. If he was to have meaningful success in the future I wouldn't begrudge him that at all.

Mahomes also seems a pretty decent lad, just a bit rough around the edges. His bride would hold her own in any swearing contest held, I'd put my money on her to win.

Have a look if you haven't yet. Very worthwhile.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Well with our beloved Tigers now seemingly out of finals reckoning it's time to turn at least one eye towards the upcoming NFL season !

And that means it's time to start preparing for the next instalment of the time honoured MopsClelland Trophy !

With only 2 more weeks of preseason matches to come now is the time to get prepared, do the form lines and be ready to hit the season running.

The organising committee has held it's AGM and decided to stick to the same format as last year. There were calls to modify it last year, but the committee decided, with yours truly winning it, that there was clearly nothing wrong with it. Continue on was the directive !

For the absent minded, and potential newbies, this is how it works.

3 games tipped on each week. Will always be one of the early Sunday games, Sunday night and Monday night games (US time)

All matches selected will be telecast to us, that way we can watch how our selections are going if keen.

To avoid potential one sided matches, all selections will be for your chosen team to cover the line.

I will post the 3 matches around 9am every Friday morning, with the line quoted on the betting sites to be used at that particular time.

One point awarded for a correct tip, a bonus point awarded for getting all 3 right.

If you fail to submit your tips on time you miss out on that particular game.

Just like last year we will tip more often when the schedule allows it. Thanksgiving weekend for example. Plenty of notice will be provided when these opportunities are coming up.
And of course we will have our final round tipping extravaganza where we tip on every game bar one. So if you fall behind don't give up there will be lots of points on offer to finish the season.

So many sub-plots to the upcoming season.

Will Mopsy do what no tipster has done before and go back to back ?
Will The Jazz and Konkers be asleep at the wheel 2 years running and give everyone else a head start ?
Will Ricemagic return from PRE hibernation in time to join in ?
Will Redford actually manage to secure a bonus point this year ?
Will MCR, Mainlandy, RoarEmotion or Marella Jube realise their potential and make the leap from mid table finishers to tipping superstars ?
Will TigerForce avoid a 2nd straight wooden spoon ?
Will Ridley.....ummm......where to start ??? Will he also avoid another wooden spoon ? Will he continue to jinx everyone else's tips as well as his beloved Buffalo Bills ? Will he continue to put his faith in his son's selections or go it alone ? Will be compelling viewing. Deserves his own reality tv show. I'd tune in!

Start getting excited folks !!

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well with our beloved Tigers now seemingly out of finals reckoning it's time to turn at least one eye towards the upcoming NFL season !

And that means it's time to start preparing for the next instalment of the time honoured MopsClelland Trophy !

With only 2 more weeks of preseason matches to come now is the time to get prepared, do the form lines and be ready to hit the season running.

The organising committee has held it's AGM and decided to stick to the same format as last year. There were calls to modify it last year, but the committee decided, with yours truly winning it, that there was clearly nothing wrong with it. Continue on was the directive !

3 games tipped on each week. Will always be one of the early Sunday games, Sunday night and Monday night games (US time)

All matches selected will be telecast to us, that way we can watch how our selections are going if keen.

To avoid potential one sided matches, all selections will be for your chosen team to cover the line.

I will post the 3 matches around 9am every Friday morning, with the line quoted on the betting sites to be used at that particular time.

One point awarded for a correct tip, a bonus point awarded for getting all 3 right.

Just like last year we will tip more often when the schedule allows it. Thanksgiving weekend for example. Plenty of notice will be provided when these opportunities are coming up.
And of course we will have our final round tipping extravaganza where we tip on every game bar one. So if you fall behind don't give up there will be lots of points on offer to finish the season.

Will The Jazz and Konkers be asleep at the wheel 2 years running and give everyone else a head start ?
Will MCR, Mainlandy, RoarEmotion or Marella Jube realise their potential and make the leap from mid table finishers to tipping superstars ?
Will Ridley.....ummm......where to start ??? Will he also avoid another wooden spoon ? Will he continue to jinx everyone else's tips as well as his beloved Buffalo Bills ? Will he continue to put his faith in his son's selections or go it alone ? Will be compelling viewing. Deserves his own reality tv show. I'd tune in !

Sounds good Moops.

I have decided to win this year. I am looking forward to it.

Thank you.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Will Ridley.....ummm......where to start ??? Will he also avoid another wooden spoon ? Will he continue to jinx everyone else's tips as well as his beloved Buffalo Bills ? Will he continue to put his faith in his son's selections or go it alone ? Will be compelling viewing. Deserves his own reality tv show. I'd tune in!

Well Mops we all know that the hand dealt to Team Ridley last NFL season was nothing short of the greatest travesty of justice ever seen in a sports tipping competition. The events of the fARC in the Richmond-Brisbane final last year pale in comparison. But never fear; we are back to take this year's competition by storm. We will leave Forcey to wallow in another wooden spoon and Chumpford will be floundering as usual when I take out the MopsClelland/Drofbardi double. Junior is very confident after an off season knee deep in NFL analysis. We are a team and when we win I will take all of the credit and in the extremely unlikely event that we don't win Junior will take the fall and move out of the family home. As for the Bills, we all know they are Superbowl bound; ultimately glory awaits. We will knock off Junior's Jags in the conference final and then beat some chump NFC team in the Super Bowl!

You heard it here first!!

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well Mops we all know that the hand dealt to Team Ridley last NFL season was nothing short of the greatest travesty of justice ever seen in a sports tipping competition. The events of the fARC in the Richmond-Brisbane final last year pale in comparison. But never fear; we are back to take this year's competition by storm. We will leave Forcey to wallow in another wooden spoon and Chumpford will be floundering as usual when I take out the MopsClelland/Drofbardi double. Junior is very confident after an off season knee deep in NFL analysis. We are a team and when we win I will take all of the credit and in the extremely unlikely event that we don't win Junior will take the fall and move out of the family home. As for the Bills, we all know they are Superbowl bound; ultimately glory awaits. We will knock off Junior's Jags in the conference final and then beat some chump NFC team in the Super Bowl!

You heard it here first!!
You will finish last in both competitions.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Looking forward to it Mopsy. Will not be snoozing this year. Hard to see me losing really. Gosh I'm good, might have to change my username to The Big Jazzo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm the new Hawthorn.....watch me rise.

What happened to the Drofbardi? Bankruptcy? Corruption? Traded to Elon Musk?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm the new Hawthorn.....watch me rise.

What happened to the Drofbardi? Bankruptcy? Corruption? Traded to Elon Musk?
That’s at the end of the regular season you doofus. Wake up to yourself.

You are going to finish second last - just ahead of Pidley and his grandson Waldo.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Lions might just get it done today with a couple of important players missing from KC.

Obviously this game is not part of the 1st round of the Mopsclelland? OOps its clearly stated above where the 3 games are chosen from.

Lions to be the big improvers this season.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
NFL and NHL have definitely taken over as my “off season “ sports , love the way the college system works in getting you to the big time .

Big season ahead for the Giants and Rangers

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Sports fans, the wait is finally over. NFL is back baby !!

Which of course means it's time for the next instalment of the MopsClelland Trophy !

PRE has some great competitions. Drofgusta, Last Man Standing, Predict the AFL Ladder to name a few. All top notch comp's there is no doubt. But no trophy cabinet is complete without the MopsClelland taking pride of place in position A. It's the one everyone craves, its the one everyone dreams of winning.

Let's get into this weeks games.

Philadelphia Eagles (-4.5) @ New England Patriots (+4.5) Monday 11th Sept 6:25am
Dallas Cowboys (-3.5) @ New York Giants (+3.5) Monday 11th Sept 10:20am
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) @ New York Jets (+2.5) Tuesday 12th Sept 10:15am

Please note that this year I will allow changes to your picks right up to the start of each game. Tag me so I don't miss it.

And remember you are selecting a team to cover the line, not win outright.

Best of luck to our regular players. Newbies most welcome to join in too.

@Redford @TigerForce @MD Jazz @Ridley @mainlandy @RoarEmotion @Mycotchinrules @marella jube @King Kong

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Lions might just get it done today with a couple of important players missing from KC.

Obviously this game is not part of the 1st round of the Mopsclelland? OOps its clearly stated above where the 3 games are chosen from.

Lions to be the big improvers this season.

Redford rant about the Lions incoming in 5,4,3,2.....

Agree Jazz, interesting opener. I'm expecting, and betting on a lot of points being scored in this one.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Redford rant about the Lions incoming in 5,4,3,2.....

Agree Jazz, interesting opener. I'm expecting, and betting on a lot of points being scored in this one.
They’re *smile*. They’re no good.

With that:

Eagles -4.5
Cowboys -3.5
Bills -2.5

All road teams. How do I do it ? Amazing. Now watch Pidley copy me.