Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Really looking forward to seeing Balta, Miller and Coleman-Jones.

If we can get 2-3 decent talls from those 3 and Chol, Moore and Garthwaite that's a great result given that none of them were a first round pick.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
TigerMad said:
If they were doing hand stands Higgins calf's would have stood out too ..... ;D

If they were doing handstands, Nahas would have poked the photographer's eye out

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
Really looking forward to seeing Balta, Miller and Coleman-Jones.

If we can get 2-3 decent talls from those 3 and Chol, Moore and Garthwaite that's a great result given that none of them were a first round pick.

Will have done well to get one player from Moore or Garthwaite, i dont bother factoring in Chol tbh.

Chol might make it as a good VFL player but i dont think from what ive seen of him anyway that he will make it at AFL level.

Balta and Miller could be exciting prospects going forward.

CCJ ive no idea about as of yet.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I have read a few VFL reports across a number of sites.

Balta’s contested marking was very good in the second half. With Rutton and Leppa, I’m hoping we can fast track a few games into him sooner rather than later. If Rance, Astbury or Jack get injured we are in for a lot of hurt.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This bloke is built a bit like Alex Rance but plays nothing like him. His hands, his marking, is elite. He can catch cleanly from out of position with the meat of his thumbs. AFL elite talent in this respect.

He is in most respects a small. A running back in the making. For now. Natural footy smarts not all there. He can learn mostly behind the ball. He looks quicker than he tests because he is a timely runner. He hits the fall on the bit. He's still got something left. (See Bachar Houli.)

He's just a lad and lacks physical confidence so when that comes he may may reveal entirely elite aerial game. Meanwhile we should get him running. HBF and run. Zone off for the aerial game sometimes. But run.

he had only one spilled mark yesterday - very surprising - and that was due to doubt. Very sticky mark.

When he blooms he's probably a forward or a new ruck type. Really interesting prospect.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I just want to add that Noah Balta is a physically dominant athlete in the making. AFL dominant athlete.

Reactions: 1 users

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Dyer'ere said:
I just want to add that Noah Balta is a physically dominant athlete in the making. AFL dominant athlete.

He's an Eastern European Majak Daw. Without the Jane tag

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Blind Turn said:
All aboard the Balta train. Kid has got it. Future CHB star

Hey Bully I know you think Balta is a natural forward but after today's game he looks an even better defender. A star of the future, takes the game on at every opportunity and when I say every it's EVERY!! Even hit 40 to 50 meter targets on his non preferred, WOW!! Steal of the draft I wouldn't swap him for pick #1 Raynor.

**A note of caution: A fellow PRE poster tried to get me to calm down at the game as I was like a kid in a candy store, it obviously hasn't worked, I am still hyped up or maybe it is just all the sugar from the JB & cokes ;D

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Wowee the lad is a player marks well and kicks off both feet very well !

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:
Hey Bully I know you think Balta is a natural forward but after today's game he looks an even better defender. A star of the future, takes the game on at every opportunity and when I say every it's EVERY!! Even hit 40 to 50 meter targets on his non preferred, WOW!! Steal of the draft I wouldn't swap him for pick #1 Raynor.

**A note of caution: A fellow PRE poster tried to get me to calm down at the game as I was like a kid in a candy store, it obviously hasn't worked, I am still hyped up or maybe it is just all the sugar from the JB & cokes ;D

He is even the best singer of our theme song BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! ;D

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-04-07/vfl-r1-team-song

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
caesar said:

;D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:

:hihi

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Very impressive today (saw game on live stream) Bully said he'd like to see him down back & he looks a natural down there.

Edit. one of the things that impressed me most was his 2nd & 3rd efforts & he laid some good tackles too.