Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

craig said:
The biggest thing that excited me about him was the review about him dominating forward defensive drills with intensity.

Can mark and kick too.

Marks it high as well which was the biggest frustration with Vickery that he didn't do that. He seemed to be working really hard throughout as well which was good.

tigerman said:
Showing good signs in AFLX, not being critical of Moore, but i'd have Balta ahead of him already.

Moore Lloyd and short all need to produce this year otherwise its all.over.
I cant see moore getting a game

craig said:
The biggest thing that excited me about him was the review about him dominating forward defensive drills with intensity.

Can mark and kick too.

Yep, I reported that at training but you never know whether it would translate into a game, (even a Mickey Mouse one). There was a bit of play in the second game, (nearly off screen and could have been missed by many), where he sprinted back and slammed the Brisbane player as he was getting his kick away.

Jonathan Brown was impressed after the 1st game, I reckon he was even better in 2nd.

Hmm, an aggressive forward now that would be nice.

Stuff that Mega wall and interviewing players it diminished some of his better moments.

caesar said:
Yep, I reported that at training but you never know whether it would translate into a game, (even a Mickey Mouse one). There was a bit of play in the second game, (nearly off screen and could have been missed by many), where he sprinted back and slammed the Brisbane player as he was getting his kick away.

Jonathan Brown was impressed after the 1st game, I reckon he was even better in 2nd.

Stuff that Mega wall and interviewing players it diminished some of his better moments.

Yer, agree, good comments. That dual screen doing a mindless interview between nobodies while ignoring what was actually happening in the live game drove me spare. If you [AFL/Ch.7] don't rate and value the real game, why would anyone else? Dumb, dumb stuff.

So obviously an attempt to imitate the Big Bash in many ways, mostly failed to ludicrous comic effect. "Zooper" goals kicked from outside a mere 40m which 8/10 of modern players can make; circus performers !!!!; flashing lights in the daytime; steam blasts!!!; kiddies running around playing games in the end-zones!

Is this a form of AFL or an hilarious self-parody? Some thought bubbles from Gill the Dill and team put into action.

caesar said:

I did notice that bit, got a fair kick on him.

leon said:
Yer, agree, good comments. That dual screen doing a mindless interview between nobodies while ignoring what was actually happening in the live game drove me spare. If you [AFL/Ch.7] don't rate and value the real game, why would anyone else? Dumb, dumb stuff.

So obviously an attempt to imitate the Big Bash in many ways, mostly failed to ludicrous comic effect. "Zooper" goals kicked from outside a mere 40m which 8/10 of modern players can make; circus performers !!!!; flashing lights in the daytime; steam blasts!!!; kiddies running around playing games in the end-zones!

Is this a form of AFL or an hilarious self-parody? Some thought bubbles from Gill the Dill and team put into action.
It was a shambles, as far as the pointless interviews go, it seemed only the Sydney Clubs were at the ground....

Delsanto gave him a good rap,on SEN
Described him as Random lol
Got all the tricks forward and back but just when HE wants too
Could be anything wait and see

Balta has all the tools and is a freak athlete with his speed and leap as well as having a monster build at just 18 years and 4 months, Kid will get bigger and stronger and could even possibly grow another few cm as he has a cousin who is 2 years older thats 210cm tall playing basketball.

With Truck Rutten,Leppa,Caracella as coaches and Astbury,Rance,grimes,Riewold to learn off and train against the kid has it all going for him and could be anything,Always liked him as a junior and was the player i wanted the most as a KPP but was looking like he would be top 10 mid season - Thankfully he slipped and we got him for a bargain along with Naish & Higgins

Proto type 2020 key position player.

Capable of playing any spot in the spine as well as pinching hitting in the ruck.

SCOOP said:
Proto type 2020 key position player.

Capable of playing any spot in the spine as well as pinching hitting in the ruck.

and with the club finally getting its player development right he provides a very exciting prospect - can't wait for his debut this year

That's the great thing about following the new Tiger machine: the excitement is back! With our four stars/champions now supported by DRioli, Castagna, Butler, Caddy, Graham, Nank, Houli and a tight backline, we have waiting in the wings - Bolton, Chol, Moore, Balta, Higgins, Naish and others to come on.

Looking forward to the next few years and beyond.

For those just getting their first glimpse of Noah, here's my write-up from the Phantom Draft.

Pick 16. Brisbane

Noah Balta

Having moved up the draft in order to secure a promising tall, Brisbane walk away absolutely delighted to have secured a player they rank in their top 10. Whilst Balta is still a work in progress the Lions see enormous potential in a player they feel can eventually fill a role in the midfield. At worst they see Balta as an ideal second ruck/utility in the Cam Pederson mould, at best they can see Balta becoming a Bontempelli/Fyfe type midfielder who will be a nightmare match-up. Just to give people a rundown on Balta's athletic ability, he possesses elite agility (TAC top 5th percentile), leap (89cm) & pace (2.98sec/20m) for a 195cm player, he also weighs in at 94kg so will be ready for a taste of AFL footy as early as 2018.

In rating Balta's 2017 one has to be very careful in not becoming too preoccupied with his lack of football IQ and should instead be focusing on what a good coaching regime could bring out of such an imposing athlete. For one, Balta has already chalked up a dominant 31 disposal game in the TAC which included 17 contested possessions & 14 score involvements. In the ruck he has pitted his wares against dual AA player Sam Hayes & broken even, this despite giving away 8cm. On that count Balta's leap & timing is exceptional, it's almost a pity he isn't 5cm taller because he'd be the best ruck prospect in this year's draft. As a forward he also has plenty of runs on the board, in 2016 he averaged 2.3 goals a game and just a tick under 1 goal in 2017. Perhaps the highlight was his 80 metre bomb from the centre square playing for Calder, a kick which cleared the goal line on the full. Whilst Balta's state form was a little more low key it must be acknowledged that he has only just started his apprenticeship as a defender, this could be deemed as a positive because it has seen his stocks drop over the course of the season. Despite playing out of his native position Balta showed flashes of brilliance with some daring run and carry and strong intercept marking.

At pick 16 grabbing a player with such enormous upside is a no-brainer, Brisbane cut a deal with Richmond and the cards have fallen beautifully.

bullus_hit said:
For those just getting their first glimpse of Noah, here's my write-up from the Phantom Draft.

Pick 16. Brisbane

Noah Balta

At pick 16 grabbing a player with such enormous upside is a no-brainer, Brisbane cut a deal with Richmond and the cards have fallen beautifully.

Bully, you must have been very nervous on Draft night watching the Tiger's game of Russian Roulette &, taking CJ before him.

Good things come to those who wait I suppose, (Phew!!!).

caesar said:
Bully, you must have been very nervous on Draft night watching the Tiger's game of Russian Roulette &, taking CJ before him.

Good things come to those who wait I suppose, (Phew!!!).

Yep, massive relief that he was still on board. Higgins & Balta was a dream result, something I had been keen on for months prior to the draft. Not huge on CCJ but he is a bonus in my opinion, Sam Taylor was my preferred option at 25. However, to nail these two picks capped off a brilliant season.

bullus_hit said:
Throw in Balta or even an A grade mid like Higgins and our squad starts to look like a genuine top 4 contender. Things are looking up in my opinion and I'm quietly confident that Clarke is the man to nail our draft selections.

bullus_hit said:
I'd be using our two picks on a mid eg. Jack Higgins, and a KP player eg. Noah Balta. We also get an outsider in Naish.