Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
CC TIGER said:
Thanks Bully. Do you think the rumoured non love of the game is the reason he was available at 25 ? Watching him now gee he moves well.

These rumours were swirling around but I take them with a grain of salt. I remember a conversation about Caleb Daniel with one recruiter and he was pretty harsh, I detected some major anti SA sentiment and I think things get blown out of proportion. Working with kids this age group I know they can say some dumb stuff and I'm more forgiving than most. I think it pays to remember how we were at this age, I know I was a bit of a prat and I cost myself some golden opportunities.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
bullus_hit said:
These rumours were swirling around but I take them with a grain of salt. I remember a conversation about Caleb Daniel with one recruiter and he was pretty harsh, I detected some major anti SA sentiment and I think things get blown out of proportion. Working with kids this age group I know they can say some dumb stuff and I'm more forgiving than most. I think it pays to remember how we were at this age, I know I was a bit of a prat and I cost myself some golden opportunities.
It’s a bloody good point, so much is expected of there maturity

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Best pick for us in the draft.
Can play forward or back.
Little bit in the ruck but may be too small for AFL

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
se7en said:

Agree - like him the best as he fills a glaring whole in our squad - how does he stack up against Allen as I was really disappointed we didn't pick him at 20.

I assume Balta is taller than Grigg. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The right pick for us. All year we were looking for the second tall forward who can apply forward pressure and spend some time in the ruck. Balta is pretty quick and seems to have that chase down pressure that we are looking for in all our forwards.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:

Good post Bully. The number that don't actually enjoy playing is minuscule despite what they might say.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Natural forward, lucky to get him at 25, been stuffed around by clueless state coaches. With his athletic specs the sky's the limit.

Absolutely correct mate

The kid has so many tools thats its freakish, We are extremely lucky to get the talent we have in this draft

Its almost like the Gods have said 2017 we look after the tigers, Noah is the perfect specimen and has all the physical traits to compete in just about every key position on the field .

Im really happy we selected this kid - But really want him to be played Foward Jacks's replacement

Callum Moore & Noah Balta as out 2 big Fowards will be absolutely crazy

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I particularly enjoyed Clarke saying that aggression and attack on the footy were important traits in big men. We drafted some real quick,agile, nasty gorillas this year

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Wonder what position we have him penned for? Is he any good at reading the ball?

He can intercept with the best of them. I like what Spook said half way through the year, he moves a lot like Trent Croad. Even in style they play a similar game. Not to stretch it even further but I like him down back in a Micheal Hurley type role.

I mean for a bloke 194 to produce these testing results, 20m Sprint (secs) – 3.05 & Agility (secs) – 8.38 and have a expectational vertical leap, he is the perfect modern day key position option. Will all come down to how hard he wants to succeed, the physical tools are there.

List wise it was the absolute right pick. Stoked to get this lad.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:
He can intercept with the best of them. I like what Spook said half way through the year, he moves a lot like Trent Croad. Even in style they play a similar game. Not to stretch it even further but I like him down back in a Micheal Hurley type role.

I mean for a bloke 194 to produce these testing results, 20m Sprint (secs) – 3.05 & Agility (secs) – 8.38 and have a expectational vertical leap, he is the perfect modern day key position option. Will all come down to how hard he wants to succeed, the physical tools are there.

List wise it was the absolute right pick. Stoked to get this lad.
So you think his a backman Scoop

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I heard that we don't know where he will play which is one reason why we liked him. Has the potential to be a true swingman as well as pinch hit ruck and those type of guys are where the game is going for big men .

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
CC TIGER said:
So you think his a backman Scoop

Yeah, to start with. But an attacking one. I think he is the swingman we have hoped for but we need cover at both ends. No doubt he has stints up forward next year but I think to learn the AFL game and get him competing, I’d start him at CHB. Chain him to Alex Rance for preseason.

The VFL side will Griffiths, Chol, Moore, CCJ and Miller looking for spots up forward. He can make CHB his own.

It’s pretty clear that we are no longer draft tall players who can only play one spot. We are trying to build a side with minimal talls but maximum flexibility within the talks. We will be sticking to the pressure, pressure style. Every player, tall or small drafted list nite fits that style.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
se7en said:

Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Kyte believes Balta could even emerge as a big-bodied midfielder in the mould of Carlton’s Patrick Cripps.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:
Yeah, to start with. But an attacking one. I think he is the swingman we have hoped for but we need cover at both ends. No doubt he has stints up forward next year but I think to learn the AFL game and get him competing, I’d start him at CHB. Chain him to Alex Rance for preseason.

The VFL side will Griffiths, Chol, Moore, CCJ and Miller looking for spots up forward. He can make CHB his own.

It’s pretty clear that we are no longer draft tall players who can only play one spot. We are trying to build a side with minimal talls but maximum flexibility within the talks. We will be sticking to the pressure, pressure style. Every player, tall or small drafted list nite fits that style.
Yep nothing wrong with learning how to play the game down back.

I’m glad you an Bully both rate him, but see him differently , no doubt there’s a lot to work with. Getting in the senior back half would be harder then getting in the forward half at this point, even though we won the flag I still think we can improve by having a second marking option , especially fir the get out kick down the wing

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
caesar said:
Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Kyte believes Balta could even emerge as a big-bodied midfielder in the mould of Carlton’s Patrick Cripps.

That would be s great weapon to have in the midfield.
Got luck to the opposition in trying stop him