Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Balta is the same age as Rance was coming into 2013. Reckon you could find plenty of 'trade/delist Rance' posts in 2012.
Rance began hitting his straps in 2011, playing 19 games and averaging 18.1 disposals. In 2012 he played 22 games for the first time and averaged 17.9 disposals including 6.2 marks per game.

So far, Balta’s best season in 2021 is barely above Rances worst season (2010). Noah’s got a lot of work to do.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Rance began hitting his straps in 2011, playing 19 games and averaging 18.1 disposals. In 2012 he played 22 games for the first time and averaged 17.9 disposals including 6.2 marks per game.

So far, Balta’s best season in 2021 is barely above Rances worst season (2010). Noah’s got a lot of work to do.
Yeah, I was going to say i reckon 2012 was the year Rance became a good defender- i doubt many would have called for him to be delisted that year, definitely in the years prior.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I'm not comparing Balta to Rance but I reckon this is somewhat overstated. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Balta was excellent at Fullback in 2020 and also was playing pretty well in 2021 until he got injured. He has never reached Tross levels but he was one of the better key backs going around in 2020

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not having Truck or Leppa at the club the last 2 years hasn't helped Noah's development either!

Then add in Daves retirement and him being thrown forward and its not a surprise his footy has somewhat stagnated.

Having Truck back working with him will get him back on track I'm certain of it.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought Noah was ok but he still remains a work in progress.
Did some good things down back but got dragged after yet another silly error.
I'm hoping he can keep focused this season but he's yet to fully win my trust.

azzatiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2021
Richmond key defender Noah Balta was allegedly punched in the mouth while helping to coach a local soccer team in Altona North on Sunday, the club has confirmed.

A fight broke out during the game and Balta, who was helping coach the team which also featured close friend and former Tigers ruckman Ivan Maric, was struck in the mouth. He was not seriously injured.

He informed Richmond of the incident and the Tigers have cleared him of any wrongdoing. The AFL integrity unit has been informed as a matter of protocol.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Richmond key defender Noah Balta was allegedly punched in the mouth while helping to coach a local soccer team in Altona North on Sunday, the club has confirmed.

A fight broke out during the game and Balta, who was helping coach the team which also featured close friend and former Tigers ruckman Ivan Maric, was struck in the mouth. He was not seriously injured.

He informed Richmond of the incident and the Tigers have cleared him of any wrongdoing. The AFL integrity unit has been informed as a matter of protocol.

Double *smile* *smile* soccer.

Reactions: 3 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Double *smile* *smile* soccer.
Agree. What was half decent about the sport has been pissed on by the "fans" in this country.
Stuck in the 80s thinking they are gangs and hooligans.
Any fwd steps the game took after the world cup are now in tatters.

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Get Ivaaarrrrnnn to sort the coward out. He has retired and can’t be suspended if successful, which I suspect he would be. Job done.

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
First of all, you should all know better than believing AFL media.

I can tell you categorically that it happened at a footy game and not soccer.

My posting history will tell you my sources are on point for this demographic of Richmond players.

Reactions: 1 users