Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
record player love GIF by FilmStruck

I know it's hard, so I'll do this slowly....we've moved on from 2018....hang around for 2019, you'll like this one. Has a pleasant surprise around September.
Happy New Year GIF by V5MT
I will bring it up till our next flag.
Missed kids with Clarke
Brett Daniels
Oscar Allen
Sammy Taylor
The Viking
Warner

But we picked Higgins

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
In one of those human interest videos a week or so ago Noah called Dogwick "erratic" and "some kind of egomaniac I don't like". Somebody who, "through his bigotry, has stymied my career". (Not literal)

Noah was ok last week. I like it a lot that he hates Dogwick. As much as you lot do. (I'm impartial.)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
You think you don't understand poetry?

It was all written for you.

Balta's triumph. And the maiming of Godcus.

Kyrie.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He didn't seem to suffer from vision problems under lights tonight, hopefully that has been sorted.

Balta was awesome at times, excellent game. I understand the angst of sending him back but I don't think we had a choice with 2 key defenders down. When it was only 1 key defender down we didn't move Balta back, 2 was just too many, we had to do something. You can't defend against a team with 2 tall marking forwards when you have no tall defenders.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Excellent point about the lights, David. His last mark in the forward line before he went back was one he would usually struggle with. Also, the kid's a beast. And still has plenty of room to grow.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
His ability to play all over the field as circumstances demand create some real headaches for opposition coaches trying to work out a suitable matchup.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lose Young and Gibcus, what do you do, played forward ruck and defence. our best player except for the grubbered short pass resulting in goal.
No choice but to fling Noah back into defence when both Gibber n Young went down, had an excellent game except for that pitiful grubber kick.

Sadly we're a brilliant team at individual brain farts that gift goals to opposition sides or by missing simple goals ourselves.
Balta's grubber.
Nigel's snapped point.
Shai's out on the full from 30 out.
The in the back crash tackle from Nank??
The fifty to Dekoning.
In a game of inches we were simply handing out 20 metre handicap starts to Carlscum

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
'They' say it takes a player 80 games to arrive. There are of course exceptions who announce themselves immediately: Judd, etc.

Last night was Noah's 87th game. He's played back, forward and ruck. Early days forward and ruck. Then defence for most of the next three seasons.

He helped turn a grand final in the ruck the day after his 21st birthday, in his 30th game. He played a few games forward just before he reached 50 games. Kicked some goals. Was needed in defence so he went back. Established himself last year as a dominant intercept defender.

But intercept defenders are not match-winners. They don't get the big bucks. Because Whatsisname Ridley can do it. Charlie Ballard can do it. Jake Lever. The McSpudtin brothers. Blake Howes is 20 going on 14, is barely 6'3 and weighs 75kg and led all-comers for intercepts on debut last week.

Noah Balta. Match-winner. Emerging superstar. Never to be played as a *spits* intercept defender ever again.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Lynch and Balta, eh. Terrifying. Imagine the backline sharts when we throw LeFau in there.

Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Wonderful game. Did it all. Even his now mandatory scrubber kick leading to an opposition goal.

And his marking confidence is at an all time high.

Most important player on the list.

And good call by @spook playing him forward.

1 ticket please.

Reactions: 1 user