Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Tickets please... Tickets please...
Geez - when was the last time I heard that in real life? 1967 going up Victoria Street on the tram going to St Vinnies or coming back from the Fitzroy Gardens with a bucket full of yabbies? Very possibly. What an instant memory jolt those words are.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Noah is coming of age. Just a sensational performance in every area of the ground.
Yeah - he’s playing like a man now. Getting to the point where playing footy is a serious affair. Rance got to that point, Astbury was always at that point. Jack and Richo - I’m not sure, but who cares.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
It was around this point a couple of years ago, after Balta had a four goal game as a forward, that our backline fell apart, Balta was moved back to save it, and the Balta forward experiment was declared a failure by supporters.

Such was the conservatism of Hardwick.

Yze is already making noise about persevering with Balta forward, despite the gaping chasm appearing rear of centre.

There's courage.

Yze seems more of a gambler to me. Because this is about risk/reward. We know Balta can be an A grade backman. We think he can be an A grade forward. But there is a disparity there.

A-grade backmen are dime a dozen. A-grade forwards get the million a year.

And yeah, there are generational backman who command more. Alex Rance, for example. But we can approximate a backman out of parts of Young, Miller and three of Gibcus' limbs.

You can't approximate an A grade tall forward. He is the man.

I need to see a month of Balta and Lynch. Then I want to see a decade of Balta.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Yze is already making noise about persevering with Balta forward, despite the gaping chasm appearing rear of centre.

There's courage.

Yze seems more of a gambler to me. Because this is about risk/reward.
Yep Yze definitely has a greater appetite for risk than dimma

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It was around this point a couple of years ago, after Balta had a four goal game as a forward, that our backline fell apart, Balta was moved back to save it, and the Balta forward experiment was declared a failure by supporters.
He was moved back after a 4 disposal, zero goal game, that followed 1 goal in the previous 2 weeks. we won 2 out of 6 with Balta as a forward. after he went back we won the next 3 games he played and our season turned around.

i wasnt necessarily a fan of Balta going back forward, but now that we have made the move we should stick with it. He has started brilliantly. Forward/2nd ruck is the go.

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He was moved back after a 4 disposal, zero goal game, that followed 1 goal in the previous 2 weeks. we won 2 out of 6 with Balta as a forward. after he went back we won the next 3 games he played and our season turned around.

i wasnt necessarily a fan of Balta going back forward, but now that we have made the move we should stick with it. He has started brilliantly. Forward/2nd ruck is the go.

Which happened because our backline at the time fell apart without him. In those games, he had also been moved between back and forward, trying to fill holes.

Not ideal for a young kpp.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hopefully Miller Young and perhaps Kosi can stand up in the backline this yr. Maybe look for reinforcement in the msd

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He didn't seem to suffer from vision problems under lights tonight, hopefully that has been sorted.

Balta was awesome at times, excellent game. I understand the angst of sending him back but I don't think we had a choice with 2 key defenders down. When it was only 1 key defender down we didn't move Balta back, 2 was just too many, we had to do something. You can't defend against a team with 2 tall marking forwards when you have no tall defenders.

DS
Agree. We had to play the last half under a huge disadvantage and against a very strong forward line.
With that level effort though we nearly won it. Not blaming anyone .. we were just 1 kick away with seconds on the clock
and you would expect Bolts to kick that goal in 9 cases out of 10.

Balta BOG for mine and had to go back.
Not enough talls. Hope we include Lefau
and Miller this week.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree. We had to play the last half under a huge disadvantage and against a very strong forward line.
With that level effort though we nearly won it. Not blaming anyone .. we were just 1 kick away with seconds on the clock
and you would expect Bolts to kick that goal in 9 cases out of 10.

Balta BOG for mine and had to go back.
Not enough talls. Hope we include Lefau
and Miller this week.

I reckon if we include Lefau it signals Balta going back which is why I don't think he will. Miller and Tresize IMO will come in and replace Gibcus and Young.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I reckon if we include Lefau it signals Balta going back which is why I don't think he will. Miller and Tresize IMO will come in and replace Gibcus and Young.
I didnt see the VFL but every indication is that Brown is ahead of Tresize in the pecking order.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I didnt see the VFL but every indication is that Brown is ahead of Tresize in the pecking order.

I had him in front too generally, but with losing our best 2 talls, I think we would look for the better defender out of the 2 of them, which puts Tresize in front.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E