Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
What was the drill and how was he "owning" it?

It was all about forward pressure.

Players lined up, had to sprint to Leppa and man the mark Morro style, then had to turn and sprint to apply imaginary pressure to cardboard cutout and proceeding on to smash impact bag, then up immediately to their feet and apply a smother another 10 metres away before gathering ball and snapping for goal.

Balta went the hardest with the main difference being the smother, where other's just went through the motion of the smother and mostly missing it Balta on both occasions came flying in with his superman cape on parallel to the ground and smashing the smother. (it was after this that Leppa laughed and said we need to rename the drill "THE BALTA")

Was also impressed with how he moved in game simulation drills but seeing him going so hard at "The Balta" ;D gave me hope that he does have that want/aggro to go with his natural athletic abilities.

caesar said:

Players lined up, had to sprint to Leppa and man the mark Morro style, then had to turn and sprint to apply imaginary pressure to cardboard cutout and proceeding on to smash impact bag, then up immediately to their feet and apply a smother another 10 metres away before gathering ball and snapping for goal.

Balta went the hardest with the main difference being the smother, where other's just went through the motion of the smother and mostly missing it Balta on both occasions came flying in with his superman cape on parallel to the ground and smashing the smother. (it was after this that Leppa laughed and said we need to rename the drill "THE BALTA")

Was also impressed with how he moved in game simulation drills but seeing him going so hard at "The Balta" ;D gave me hope that he does have that want/aggro to go with his natural athletic abilities.

Great stuff

p.s. I'll *smile* spew up if you decide to go back into the workforce mate !!

caesar said:
Spent the whole training session watching Balta, excited about his prospects. He will be my number 1 VFL watch for this year.

After a forward pressure drill, Leppa joked to his fellow coaching staff they needed to rename the drill "THE BALTA"

You've swapped the Bolton with the Balta?
Shai will be filthy

taztiger4 said:
Great stuff

Ha Ha!, the reality that I might have to might hit me at some stage, but until then!!

caesar said:
gave me hope that he does have that want/aggro to go with his natural athletic abilities.

Thats music to our ears thanks Caesar :harp

taztiger4 said:
Great stuff

:hihi

me too

if caesar runs low on funds, I'll happily raffle off my dented danny rioli badge to keep him on the job.

caesar said:

Music to my ears caesar.

I loved his draft highlight reel, he has so much scope and with Leppa, Rance, Grimes, Astbury and Jack as teachers he couldn't wish to be in better hands.

This kid could be anything. Has it all and is very highly rated by the AFL prospectus, BUT.... he has to have footy smarts and really, really want it. Time will tell.

We need another tall forward desperately to succeed Jack. Hopefully he or Moore develops well.

taztiger4 said:
Lynch will succeed Jack, we need another to succeed Lynch

hehe. i reckon Lynch will be almost impossible for us to land.

Will be the highest paid player in the AFL. Odds on to stay at GC i suspect.