Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
easy said:
I think Balta has the most impressive highlight reel.

He seems to play about a foot taller than everyone else the way he reaches and times his leap.

if hes got the desire to match, has a monster upside.
Agree with you et, his the one who looks like he could be anything, I’m happy with the others but his the one to me who could be a genuine A grader if his cards fall correctly

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Blind Turn said:
Read the RFC website. Training with the forwards, so Rancey can rest easy knowing that Noah isn't going to take his spot. ;D
Start worrying Jack!!

he has to be played as a forward. once Jack retires I would leave in one out in the fwd 50.
We could call it Noah's Arc. :-X

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
Brodders17 said:
he has to be played as a forward. once Jack retires I would leave in one out in the fwd 50.

That's why we need George and Butler roaming inside the arc.
We need two of everything

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
IanG said:
I like how Yannick refers to "legends like Cotchy" in his interview.

Should sit on the sidelines with N.Broad until he says "Legends like Chimpy".

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Looks very good in his highlights, great leap and mark, quick, well balanced, strong at the footy and spoke very confidently in his RFC interview. Both he and Miller look better footballers than CJ who looks a bit lumbering like Hampson. So why was CJ taken so early? Just bc he's a 201cm/ruck?
I think both Miller and Balta are better than Chol right now and may prove better than Garthwaite, Moore and Griffiths.
Great long-term replacements for Jack R., Griffiths and our full-back line.
Excellent recruiting.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Wonder when the braces come out? Wouldn't help him playing with a sore mouth following a trip to the orthodontist.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Brodders17 said:
As long as the premierships keep coming in two by two.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
History would suggest our next great forward would be from Tassie

Hart into Roach into Gale / Richo into Jack

What a happy hunting ground that's been

(appologies John Klug)

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just thinking about a Foward line set up with 3 talls in Miller,Balta & Moore

All three of these boys are BIG lads Miller 196+ , Balta 195 , Moore 193
But the difference about these lads are that they are all extremely fast with great agility and fantastic leap

These 3 boys have the speed to chase , Tackle and put pressure on same as our little guys, Looking at Post Riewoldt/Townsend

HF : Rioli - Miller - Butler
FF: Balta - Moore - Bolton

I can say that we have a very very good mix of speed height and pressure

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:
Just thinking about a Foward line set up with 3 talls in Miller,Balta & Moore

All three of these boys are BIG lads Miller 196+ , Balta 195 , Moore 193
But the difference about these lads are that they are all extremely fast with great agility and fantastic leap

These 3 boys have the speed to chase , Tackle and put pressure on same as our little guys, Looking at Post Riewoldt/Townsend

HF : Rioli - Miller - Butler
FF: Balta - Moore - Bolton

I can say that we have a very very good mix of speed height and pressure

Id be expecting one Rioli Jnr to be in that forward line by then.

E

easy_tiger

theres a decent touch of Bont in the burst out of heavy traffic goal on the reel.

how is Noah's tank?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
easy said:
theres a decent touch of Bont in the burst out of heavy traffic goal on the reel.

how is Noah's tank?

13.4 beep in TAC testing so still some way to go, but if we can get that up over 14 then a midfield role a possibility. Bont was mid 14's as a junior so had a pretty handy base to start with.

E

easy_tiger

bullus_hit said:
13.4 beep in TAC testing so still some way to go, but if we can get that up over 14 then a midfield role a possibility. Bont was mid 14's as a junior so had a pretty handy base to start with.

:fing32

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:

Remember reading somewhere that Balta was playing midfield and after he had a late growth spurt went into playing Ruck and KP
With the speed and ability that both Miller & Balta have how good would it be to see them used as a big bodied mid rotating foward defence
Would certainly add alot of flexability and depth to alot of area's and make us extremely un predictable

Just another bow to our game plan

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Remember reading somewhere that Balta was playing midfield and after he had a late growth spurt went into playing Ruck and KP
With the speed and ability that both Miller & Balta have how good would it be to see them used as a big bodied mid rotating foward defence
Would certainly add alot of flexability and depth to alot of area's and make us extremely un predictable

Just another bow to our game plan

Yep definitely, it is why I am so bullish on Balta's chances of success. One game for the Cannons produced a 31 disposal match with 60% being contested. I think at worst we get a Cam Pederson type who can be thrown around the park, at best we get that tall midfielder we are craving.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
bullus_hit said:
Yep definitely, it is why I am so bullish on Balta's chances of success. One game for the Cannons produced a 31 disposal match with 60% being contested. I think at worst we get a Cam Pederson type who can be thrown around the park, at best we get that tall midfielder we are craving.

I like what I’m reading. Thanks for sharing. Also he mentioned that he plays like Roughhead so that is a great template.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
turk-d-tiger said:
You sure it was Balta n not Beanie there Turk?
Pretty sure I read some stuff about Beanie being a mid n having a late growth spurt n how he was going to be a multi talented play anywhere type. Turned out to be a small player in a big players body.