Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

For the mberplus site I dropped the club an email asking the to reset the password (can't find a way to change the password on that site btw). Club reset the next day and I was able to login without issues

Dealt with them today. Honestly they're one of the best departments in the club on the phones.
Great natured & couldn't be more helpful.
Agreed, Called them again today as my sons membership emails had not appeared. They called their ops guys and the membership team called me back this afternoon once it had been fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
Dealt with them today. Honestly they're one of the best departments in the club on the phones.
Yep. Spoke with them yesterday, after on-going saga with missing emails, and screwed up contact details.
Today, all 4 family members emails turned up with details for 2024, and pack redemption info.
Great on the phone, but plenty of other stuff is slipping.

Last edited:
That's also been my experience over the past few years when I have called with membership queries

Reactions: 1 users
You know, many many organisations these days put you on to their systems which are supposed to do everything and, they are generally sh!!t and cause more problems than they are worth.

I remember when my daughter was at uni and I asked her how she wanted to interact with the institution as a student. She said she wanted to see the basics of her course, what the different options were etc online, and then talk to someone.

With so many rubbish systems in so many organisations trying to provide service on the cheap, there are thousands of people who's jobs are basically to clean up the mess after people try and make it work but just can't. It is people like the membership people at RFC and lots of other people elsewhere who basically make things work, and I am far from convinced that trying to get everyone to do self serve online is as efficient as just employing people to do customer service.

Anyway, I need to attempt to sort out the membership rewards on whatever online system they are using, maybe tomorrow, wish me luck, it sounds like the usual user-belligerent system we all deal with way too often these days.

DS

…….

Anyway, I need to attempt to sort out the membership rewards on whatever online system they are using, maybe tomorrow, wish me luck, it sounds like the usual user-belligerent system we all deal with way too often these days.

DS
I recently processed two new accounts (as posted earlier) and it worked fine straight up.

It was very easy to then select our (default) rewards options and a couple of days later we got the tracking info (although they say it could take 10 to 14 business days to arrive)

Received my "Happy Holiday Season" email from the Club today.

It's *smile* Christmas, you wankers.

Another nail in their coffin.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont you want a happy new year, and January?

FFS some people are precious.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Best Christmas and Happy New Year card I received was from a 14 year old school mate 40+ years ago with 'Season's Greetings' on it. Perfect for all.

If they celebrate any other event like Chinese New Year, Ramadan etc by name then you can be pi**ed off.
Interesting that the Melbourne City Council has no problems celebrating Christmas and there were plenty of people of all walks/cultures enjoying the excellent light shows, exhibitions.

I prefer Happy/Merry Christmas, but if you want to go non-denominational it’s Season’s Greetings.

Hate the American “Happy Holidays”. Firstly, it’s so banal and lowest common denominator. Secondly, it’s blindly aping an American expression when we Aussies use the word “holiday” quite differently. In the US, it derives from “holy day” and means a feast day - “Thanksgiving/July 4 is my favourite holiday”. For us, it means time off work or going away - what the Yanks call a vacation - so Happy Holidays is nonsense (or you’re just saying “Happy Time Off”). At the very least, let’s come up with our own banal but meaningful expression.

End of rant (well, can’t promise that).

I prefer Happy/Merry Christmas, but if you want to go non-denominational it’s Season’s Greetings.

Hate the American “Happy Holidays”. Firstly, it’s so banal and lowest common denominator. Secondly, it’s blindly aping an American expression when we Aussies use the word “holiday” quite differently. In the US, it derives from “holy day” and means a feast day - “Thanksgiving/July 4 is my favourite holiday”. For us, it means time off work or going away - what the Yanks call a vacation - so Happy Holidays is nonsense (or you’re just saying “Happy Time Off”). At the very least, let’s come up with our own banal but meaningful expression.

End of rant (well, can’t promise that).
Even though the Chevy Chase film sings "holiday roooooooooooaaaad"? :mhihi

I want them to call Christmas what it is - Christmas. Pretty simple. No need for New Year or January (not even sure of the relevance to my post).

Who’s offended by calling it Christmas? It’s *smile*. Australia is a Christian country but can’t even use the word Christmas in case someone of a different religion gets offended (and you reckon I’m precious!) What a sad, sad place the world has become. I’m glad I’m closer to the end than the beginning.

Last edited:

Actually it is also Hanukkah

I just don’t understand what the big deal is with a message that is inclusive to all our members, whoever they are. There are lots of people who don’t recognise or celebrate Christmas.

Reactions: 2 users
Actually it is also Hanukkah

I just don’t understand what the big deal is with a message that is inclusive to all our members, whoever they are. There are lots of people who don’t recognise or celebrate Christmas.
That’s fine - they don’t have to celebrate it. I don’t celebrate Ramadan, but I’m not offended by people calling it Ramadan.

It’s Christmas. Call it Christmas. If they want to send me a Hanukkah card as well, brilliant.

Reactions: 3 users