Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

What if you have already specifically told them on numerous occasions not to auto-renew, but they do it anyway?
Maybe cancel the membership completely.
Re start it in due course. But yeah 100, 000 members is a lot to deal with.
Phone in?
I have had to speak to people who have helped reset password etc..

As I think of it does some part of it go through Ticketek?

Maybe cancel the membership completely.
Re start it in due course. But yeah 100, 000 members is a lot to deal with.
Phone in?
I have had to speak to people who have helped reset password etc..

As I think of it does some part of it go through Ticketek?
Yes, Ticketek. Nothing to see there.

As an aside looking at the membership numbers thread we seem to be tracking ok, despite the predictions of doom and gloom.
I would expect 90-100,000 members depending on how we look early in the season

Reactions: 2 users
Received my "Happy Holiday Season" email from the Club today.

It's *smile* Christmas, you wankers.

Another nail in their coffin.
I've been a member about 8 years this time. No email from the club with any greetings stuff.

Just an email about the Gold coast game.

Any idea?

I've been a member about 8 years this time. No email from the club with any greetings stuff.

Just an email about the Gold coast game.

Any idea?
I also got the Christmas email together with a birthday wish signed by all. Very, very little to critise any actions of the Tigers, & that's with 56 years of membership experience.

Reactions: 2 users
I think we have probably discussed this enough but to me a club can go one of two ways
1. It could send a Christmas message out, a Diwali message, a CNY message and Eid message etc etc to make sure it doesn’t miss everyone
Or
2. At the end of the year send a message out that wishes everyone a happy holiday season/end of year ( whatever we want) which most people will understand includes Christmas.

I am very happy with the 2nd one.

However I worked in an organisation who added to the 2nd one “ and to those who celebrate it have a happy Christmas”. There were a number of people who questioned why Christians were singled out.

The answer of many was that australia traditionally celebrates Christmas and that in the end is what this whole discussion is about.

There will be different views but personally I think we would be better leaving it at agreeing to disagree !! At least I am going to.
Why can't we simply collectively acknowledge each of these significant society or community events and let the individuals celebrate them as they choose?
There's absolutely no need for any of this included or excluded crap to be even thought of, let alone be manipulated by appeasers, which inevitably leaves everyone with their noses out of joint.
We once used to be a predominantly Christian based society, but now we're a fair bit of licorice all sorts n there's Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists, Can't be bothererds n a few other variations who probably don't care much either. As far as the main celebration events go, why not promote and enjoy each of them as they occur?

Reactions: 1 user
I still don’t understand why we have the women’s and men’s team on the same membership card. I am all for the women’s team but each team should have their own card. I loved have a great collection of membershi card but now they are just the same. I love haveinf different players on them every year. I love the past greats been on them too. I almost miss the different year social club keyring.

Reactions: 1 user
I still don’t understand why we have the women’s and men’s team on the same membership card. I am all for the women’s team but each team should have their own card. I loved have a great collection of membershi card but now they are just the same. I love haveinf different players on them every year. I love the past greats been on them too. I almost miss the different year social club keyring.
100% agree that the RFC team membership cards should feature players that play only in the particular team - AFL or AFLW

Reactions: 1 users
Wasn't aware of any such option
Here's the last few years of my RFC cards - and I don't recall having had any choice

View attachment 21740

Do you use the Richmond member rewards website where you get to choose what you receive in your membership pack?

Edit: My membership is 3121 so maybe that’s why I got the option of Daniel Rioli.

Last edited:
Do you use the Richmond member rewards website where you get to choose what you receive in your membership pack?

Edit: My membership is 3121 so maybe that’s why I got the option of Daniel Rioli.

Yeah - used the Rewards website and reckon it’s great.
(In fact only a little while ago in this thread I was praising the rewards system in post #106)

My point here was a follow-up on the topic of pictures of AFLW players on RFC (men’s team) membership cards.
Personally I don’t like it.

Reactions: 1 users