Not happy Membership Dept | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not happy Membership Dept

That’s fine - they don’t have to celebrate it. I don’t celebrate Ramadan, but I’m not offended by people calling it Ramadan.

It’s Christmas. Call it Christmas. If they want to send me a Hanukkah card as well, brilliant.
Well written Midsy

Reactions: 5 users
That’s fine - they don’t have to celebrate it. I don’t celebrate Ramadan, but I’m not offended by people calling it Ramadan.

It’s Christmas. Call it Christmas. If they want to send me a Hanukkah card as well, brilliant.
I have no issue with it personally

Reactions: 1 user
Actually it is also Hanukkah

I just don’t understand what the big deal is with a message that is inclusive to all our members, whoever they are. There are lots of people who don’t recognise or celebrate Christmas.
Ive worked as Santa for the last 7 seasons, I say merry Christmas to everyone, sub continental, Muslim, Asian, everyone. No one has said “I’m offended” or “I don’t celebrate Christmas “. Nothing. In fact I’ve had a huge number of Muslims have a Santa photo this year.

“Progessives” trying to eliminate the word “Christmas“ because they think it might be offensive are misguided. We’re a multicultural society.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Ive worked as Santa for the last 7 seasons, I say merry Christmas to everyone, sub continental, Muslim, Asian, everyone. No one has said “I’m offended” or “I don’t celebrate Christmas “. Nothing. In fact I’ve had a huge number of Muslims have a Santa photo this year.

“Progessives” trying to eliminate the word “Christmas“ because they think it might be offensive are misguided. We’re a multicultural society.
No one is trying to eliminate anything with this. It is simply an acknowledgement that some people celebrate Christmas and some don’t.
So you give your best wishes at year end in a way that includes both.
That’s all it is

Reactions: 1 users
No one is trying to eliminate anything with this. It is simply an acknowledgement that some people celebrate Christmas and some don’t.
That’s all it is

I think it’s been found that Muslims/Jews/Hindus don’t object to saying/hearing Happy Christmas. It’s others who aren’t of those groups who take offence on their behalf (eg on local Councils). Perhaps they should consult rather than assume?

Yes, some people don’t celebrate Christmas. But that goes to posts above about celebrating Diwali - many of us don’t, but I certainly don’t want to stop people naming it. (In fact, if I say Happy Christmas, and get a response of Thanks - and Happy Hannukah! I feel chuffed and multi-cultural 😊).

I want anyone and everyone saying Happy Hannukah/Diwali/Kwanzaa/Christmas to me, and being free to do so without feeling they’re offending anyone (when they’re likely not, except the above-mentioned busybodies).

What I don’t want is all these joyous, historic, culture-affirming, festive days dragged down into the joyless, corporate, banal, faux-Americanness of Happy Holidays.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it’s been found that Muslims/Jews/Hindus don’t object to saying/hearing Happy Christmas. It’s others who aren’t of those groups who take offence on their behalf (eg on local Councils). Perhaps they should consult rather than assume?

Yes, some people don’t celebrate Christmas. But that goes to posts above about celebrating Diwali - many of us don’t, but I certainly don’t want to stop people naming it. (In fact, if I say Happy Christmas, and get a response of Thanks - and Happy Hannukah! I feel chuffed and multi-cultural 😊).

I want anyone and everyone saying Happy Hannukah/Diwali/Kwanzaa/Christmas to me, and being free to do so without feeling they’re offending anyone (when they’re likely not, except the above-mentioned busybodies).

What I don’t want is all these joyous, historic, culture-affirming, festive days dragged down into the joyless, corporate, banal, faux-Americanness of Happy Holidays.
That’s hat you see is happening, many others don’t.

I just see a message for the end of the year to all our members

That’s hat you see is happening, many others don’t.

I just see a message for the end of the year to all our members
I think we’re making slightly different points, Sin. I don’t object to an “inclusive” message, just the choice of Happy Holidays over, say, Season’s Greetings or Happy Festive Season.

I think we’re making slightly different points, Sin. I don’t object to an “inclusive” message, just the choice of Happy Holidays over, say, Season’s Greetings or Happy Festive Season.
My point is that is that it doesn’t matter , such a tiny issue.
I can’t understand why anyone cares

That’s all it is
They might not be intending to eliminate anything, but the by-product of this does achieve that outcome.
I live in Brimbank. You wouldn't even know there were holidays coming up. They had some flute board saying something generic around some light poles in our area.
Not a single Xmas Tree, Santa, Bells or Xmas Wreath on any of it.
Yet other denominations have had specific celebrations (eg Eid Mubarak and Diwali, Chinese NY - which im very happy to see).
It's disappointing. I'm not Christian, but the magic of Xmas has been lost.

Reactions: 5 users
Never ever Graigy get them to deduct anything.
*smile* them pay by CC when your ready
I didn't get to too many games this year but didn't receive anything. No membership packs nothing.
4 family membership not 1 thing.
Not happy either, I just always forget to follow it up with them.
This new technology has me fked.
If it continues, I will stop.
I was buying membership from Denise Drysdale at Dimmys in the early 80's.
The way they have it now forgets about the people from that era.
What's the purpose of sending us a questionnaire every year but not doing anything about it.
I might go to the GM and unleash
They don’t send out membership packs , you gotta go online and order off the menu , pain in the A

Had the rolling membership pretty much since they first introduced it. Easiest way to pay the membership in 10 monthly payments instead of as a lump sum up front n don't have to worry about renewing the membership year in year out. However, if it comes to the time that I'm tight for funds, or simply decide that it's time to stop going to the footy week after week. Then I reckon I'd be serious pissed off if the club continued to debit my account after I'd notified them to cancel my membership.
The whole idea of this online system is to provide simple convenience for all concerned, not to *smile* people over n double dip while no-one is paying attention.
I stopped being a member after the first time they auto-renewed me without asking.

I barrack for the club but won't support poor ethics.

They might not be intending to eliminate anything, but the by-product of this does achieve that outcome.
I live in Brimbank. You wouldn't even know there were holidays coming up. They had some flute board saying something generic around some light poles in our area.
Yet other denominations have had specific celebrations (eg Eid Mubarak and Diwali, Chinese NY - which im very happy to see).

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.
I can go for a drive around my local area with a go pro if you like.
Don't be a disingenuous asshat.

20th of all councils. Most (not all) are regional below them.

I stopped being a member after the first time they auto-renewed me without asking.

I barrack for the club but won't support poor ethics.
There's a reason it's called " auto " renewal. If you signed up for it somewhere along the line, then they'll keep renewing it for you automatically until such time as you tell them to stop.

• Haha
There's a reason it's called " auto " renewal. If you signed up for it somewhere along the line, then they'll keep renewing it for you automatically until such time as you tell them to stop.
What if you have already specifically told them on numerous occasions not to auto-renew, but they do it anyway?

yeah, posters appear to be offended, while telling others they should not be offended.

This.

The main conversation about this issue is always from the dumb conservatives who want something to complain about.

FFS this whole discussion started because some council were using a slogan Be Merry or something (I can't be bothered looking back). This is a clear reference to Christmas and likely just a smart arse way of referring to Christmas, but it is a clear and direct reference to Christmas and nothing else because Merry Christmas is a phrase whereas Merry Hannukah or Merry Ramadan aren't.

In any case, I haven't looked around here, but I reckon our council (useless twits that they are on just about everything) are likely referencing both Christmas and Hannukah given the demographics and I can't see any reason why anyone would have an issue with this, and I also can't see any evidence anyone does have an issue apart from the dumbfuck conservatives who want something to complain about because they're such sensitive souls.

To use a cycling reference, the conservatives just need to HTFU.

DS

An inclusive message doesn’t eliminate anything, it includes everything.

I have no idea what Brimbank does but maybe it does the same for all celebrations but it is the local people who put up the decorations? I can’t imagine that a council would prioritise Diwali, Eid or CNY over Xmas but if they did then residents would have legitimate reasons for complaint because that is not inclusive.