Other Games - Round 20, 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other Games - Round 20, 2019

Frawley has been such a poor pickup. One of the few who have gotten considerably worse since joining them.

And how bad is howe

Reactions: 1 user
Was Clarko losing his sh!t when the Hawks were four goals up because he's desperate for Coniglio to sign, or desperate to be seen to be leaving the Hawks in reasonable shape? Not sure either will happen.

Was Clarko losing his sh!t when the Hawks were four goals up because he's desperate for Coniglio to sign, or desperate to be seen to be leaving the Hawks in reasonable shape? Not sure either will happen.
Either what Lee? Is your second belief that Clarko will definitely leave but the Hawks won't be in reasonable shape?

And what effect does Burgoyne have on the age profile - if he didn't play do they drop to a reasonable profile?

Either what Lee? Is your second belief that Clarko will definitely leave but the Hawks won't be in reasonable shape?

And what effect does Burgoyne have on the age profile - if he didn't play do they drop to a reasonable profile?

Not sure quality players in their prime like Coniglio will decide Hawthorn's their best chance of playing in a premiership. In all honesty I'd choose Carlton before Hawthorn

And not sure that if Clarkson leaves, he won't be seen as bailing on a derelict list a la Ross Lyon.

Yeah you can take Burgoyne's games out and they drop slightly in the age order (but still above 26, i.e. old). The same is true with Betts, Ablett, Pendlebury, Kennedy at those clubs. And Burgoyne is keen to play on.

They've been given a cosy run by the media, and perhaps they deserve it after their success. But I think reality's about to bite them.

Reactions: 1 users
I was thinking the same last night. They have so many ordinary players, barely a decent kid. Wingard was a desperate trade.

I've asked before, how does Ben Clown's Michael Holding run not pass 15 - 30 seconds called by the green flog.
indeeed... Sideshow Ben easily in my top 10 least liked players.. a legend in his own bathroom..

He was All-Australian at 21. When you consider Grimes is only just being noticed at 27-28, Frawley's fallen a long way.

It's almost unfathomable that Frawley has an AA against name while the imperious Grimes is yet to be awarded such an honour.
Makes me scratch my head.
Reckon the AFL should be presenting Grimesy with a few retrospective AAs.
If he's not selected this year, then the whole thing is just a joke, as far as I am concerned.

It's almost unfathomable that Frawley has an AA against name while the imperious Grimes is yet to be awarded such an honour.
Makes me scratch my head.
If he's not selected this year, then the whole thing is just a joke, as far as I am concerned.

Think he's our best chance for the team. Our season has been such that we haven't had a lot of consistent performers.

Grub's always been a low possession, hard nosed, contest killing, shut down defender, never before this year had much in the way of fancy intercept marking n pretty line breaking runs. We've always known n understood his full value but that's not what the AA selection committee looks for when picking it's teams.

Grub's always been a low possession, hard nosed, contest killing, shut down defender, never before this year had much in the way of fancy intercept marking n pretty line breaking runs. We've always known n understood his full value but that's not what the AA selection committee looks for when picking it's teams.

Yeah, fair enough Maso
Still reckon it's a joke that a spud like Frawley has an AA an Grimesy doesn't
Surely the AA team would require a "low possession, gard-nosed, contest-killing" defender in its 22.
Every team would love to have a Grimesy in their side.

I've asked before, how does Ben Clown's Michael Holding run not pass 15 - 30 seconds called by the green flog.

Ben Clown obviously pulled back on Frawley.

As the rule says, you have 30 seconds to COMMENCE you run up. He could go back 100metres if he wanted to as long as he starts the run up within 30. Personally I think they need to put a limit on how far you can go back. Or give 40 seconds including the run up and then all play on even if your run up has started.

Reactions: 2 users
As the rule says, you have 30 seconds to COMMENCE you run up. He could go back 100metres if he wanted to as long as he starts the run up within 30. Personally I think they need to put a limit on how far you can go back. Or give 40 seconds including the run up and then all play on even if your run up has started.

It seems at odds for what the rule is about. Is it time off before the 30 seconds commences? Then time on when a player commences his run up? If so, Brown has a longer run up than a Hercules readying to take off. You could go get a beer and a bucket of chips from when he starts and be back sitting down as he kicks.
Maybe it should be 30 seconds from when the mark is set to when the player kicks it. Anything over is called play on

That long run is equivalent to 'running too far'. A lot of times a player marks the ball, gets ready to line up and after not even 15 seconds have passed, the flog calls out "15 left". That's not 30 seconds.

It seems at odds for what the rule is about. Is it time off before the 30 seconds commences? Then time on when a player commences his run up? If so, Brown has a longer run up than a Hercules readying to take off. You could go get a beer and a bucket of chips from when he starts and be back sitting down as he kicks.
Maybe it should be 30 seconds from when the mark is set to when the player kicks it. Anything over is called play on

I've said this before. North are up by a point with a minute to go. Ump calls time on. What stops Brown from sprinting as far back as he can within 30 seconds and then starting a run up, clock starts again, and taking a minute to reach the mark? Nothing as far as I am aware of. I agree, whatever time they're allowed should include the run up to the man on the mark.

That long run is equivalent to 'running too far'. A lot of times a player marks the ball, gets ready to line up and after not even 15 seconds have passed, the flog calls out "15 left". That's not 30 seconds.

Can run as far as he wants as long as he doesn't go off his mark as it's not play on at that stage, it's a set shot.